Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZIDOO X9S Android 6.0 Realtek RTD1295 2/16GB HDMI2 In & Out Openwrt, Sata,

Thanks to Geekbuying and a Sunday Delivery again from DHL

Very well packaged Media Player has a good look and solid feel and all metal, Clock in the front Blue led, and 2 huge WiFi Antenna
    And to start Wifi is good how can I tell I can leach my neighbours WiFi is can see all, unlike others recently tested. so may have good Range.

As there are many teardowns and Unboxings I will give the screwdriver a rest today, tomorrow maybe a different story

To see the Full details of what the Box is all about I will let Zidoo tell the Story: http://www.zidoo.tv/Product/spec/mod...McQ%3D%3D.html

So switch on was good no problems wifi and mentioned could see the neighbours easy so cover looks good will test fully later.

We see the usual Ziddo Launcher

Has a useful built in Clean up with a few options to use to keep things running smooth

I then found there was an update to be had so we have updated from v 1.20 to 1.26 includes many video and other glitches that have been found and fixed. The update firmware and change log can be found in this Topic elsewhere.

Other features found on the Desktop UI, a quick look through the settings
    Lock an app
    Remote Control App
    Program the Remote Control
    Video Capture Feature

Zidoo X9s Realtek RTD 1295 and will get straight into it with the Benchmark scores
    Numbers don't mean everything on these Media Players and should be used only as a guide of real time performance.

Now for a bit of Geekbench 4:

Full detail can be found > http://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/265426

Full details can be found > http://browser.geekbench.com/v4/compute/56923

3dmark Benchmark Scores

CPU-Z with internal details

Vellamo Benchmark

Antutu Video Test

PC Mark Memory Test

As Drm info crashes and refuses to run due to unknown so far, found another to use and this all it would say:
    Last edited by trebor; 09-14-2016, 04:18.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Enough of the Bench Tests on the Zidoo X9S RTD1295
    Gives you an idea of the performance, no speed demon but does what it has to do very well extremely well actually.

I have been watching many 4k sample's,
    Movies and Videos of various type and size and it's doing very well (excellent). more on this.

The Record Function I am yet to dabble in but very soon.

OPENWRT, look's Interesting lot's of settings and bits to fiddle, that also will be another day when I know what I am doing with it.
    I have Logged in, copied files to USB and Sata from Windows just using explorer while X9S happily playing Videos etc.

Also Zidoo X9S has many of its own Players and Applications to make the experience excellent especially with playing of video files and other nifty bits

Found an Interesting reviews over at Android MediaPlayer.DE translators needed.

More to come.

treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Zidoo X9S Recording/PiP functions
      A quick look at what this is all about, and I am liking what I am seeing
      A few things to get your head around and experiment with to work out what is the optimal method and limitation of recording you input signal to the Zidoo X9S.

As seen when an input signal is detected the HDMI IN tuns from White/Grey to White/Green, lets you know things are ready to have a look see.

When selecting HDMI In you're presented with the menu functions, a look thru the following images will display most if not all settings available

Here we can select the path you wish to record to, I only have a usb stick at present as shown

Last edited by trebor; 09-14-2016, 05:17.
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Zidoo X9S PiP function
        Very easy to switch between the two images Icons in top left of Input PIP that fade out after a few seconds or return after a click
        Easy to resize input PIP.

Currently I am using the Logitech k400 wireless keyboard,
        Getting an error as seen below, I believe this is due to the Keyboard/USB more settings to check to confirm.

I don't see or get this error using the supplied remote doing same command.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	err.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	596609

Click on Input image above and we are in PIP Mode

Easy to Resize with Mouse/Pointer

Icons in Right top corner Green switch between Full or Reduced Screen, Grey Icon Back to PIP menu and Red X exit

Attached Files
        Last edited by trebor; 09-14-2016, 04:19.
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Looking very nice so far. Nice recording options. Sharp GUI.

Comment

Geekbuying have ship today my ZiDOO X9S (destination France/Paris)
            TRONSMART R68: Firmware "HPH NT-V8 ROM V1.2 (Dual-Boot) by mo123" (DTS-HDMA, Work)
            ONKYO: TX-NR 809

Comment

tre magnifique
              Cheers
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

trebor This box looks great and has the features I need and more. However I am interested to know if you have any info on release and price of Zidoo X8 as its smaller and has the HDMI in for recording which is why I want a new Zidoo...Zidoo is also better at support than most companies so I know it will be very good out the box..Thanks

Comment

I have not heard any news on the Zidoo x8 as yet.
                  I feel they be be getting this one right, then move onto the X8.
                  speculation of course.
                  Cheers
                  treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                    I have not heard any news on the Zidoo x8 as yet.
                    I feel they be be getting this one right, then move onto the X8.
                    speculation of course.
                    Cheers
                    Thanks... I see they have shipped to some buyers so will await some reviews and order soon.....

Comment

ZIDOO X9S Android 6.0 Realtek RTD1295 2/16GB HDMI2 In & Out Openwrt, Sata and lots more
                      Coupon thanks to Geekbuying,
                      $15 coupon of HDCDBHYE
                      treboR
                      Please consider
                      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Dang you Trebor, you know I can't pass up a deal. With that coupon code, I just had to order one. When I am sleeping on the street, I hope you think about me.
                        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Is OpenWRT and its modules embedded on the Android Kernel? Or is OpenWRT run independently via a VM? Thank you!

Comment

As far as I can told you it is OpenWRT and on Top Android 6.0.
                            Let me say it runs perfectly. I use it as NAS and the Speed i get is amazing.
                            Also thanks to OpenWRT the Setup where easy.

Neomode

Comment

Thank you neomode! I might get this if I can get the guys at ofmodemsandmen to make a custom OpenWRT firmware for us. Would be nice to have the maximum bandwidth speeds unlocked and to use this additionally as a print server.

Comment

Working...
                              X