Best remote for X7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best remote for X7?

Hey. I know many post about that but rather related to F10 remotes which in my oppinion are usless if compared to MCE type.

Are there any 2.4ghz remotes that have native play/pause/skip/etc and work with X7/XBMC out of the box?

Originally posted by masi0 View Post
    Hey. I know many post about that but rather related to F10 remotes which in my oppinion are usless if compared to MCE type.

Are there any 2.4ghz remotes that have native play/pause/skip/etc and work with X7/XBMC out of the box?

of course, their own brand air mouse : NEO A2:

China-1 Stock | Buy MINIX NEO A2 2.4G Wireless Air Fly Keyboard Mouse with Speaker and Microphone Support Gyroscope Game online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.
    Looking for developers
    http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

i dont get any money for this advice ^^

-->>> http://www.hardwareluxx.de/community...hz-877104.html

doesnt have the special "skip" etc buttons but u can set the buttons with many androidapps ;D
      and u have a very good mousepad inside and the remote is illuminated oO
      very helpful in the darkness.
      and i think most of the people watch movies in the dark ^^
      i love this remote and u have a much wider distance ;D
      more then 10m
      if u will need more then 10m?
      dont know :P
      also !! ->> it has a accu inside,no battery !!
      so just plug it into a usbport or some usbcharger and charge the lithium accu inside

so?
      u have to decide wich one is better 4 u

i know its better to use minix hardware for minix devices but i think this remote is much better, for me it is,my opinion
      sry minix ,dont punish me :P

Comment

When it comes to XBMC... the developer's for it are to blame for incorrect key mapping you see on Android devices if no one else... it's not the fault of the devices which are pretty standardized... XBMC just isn't following it. They do provide a work-around but it isn't elegant... they have a Keymapper add-on that you can use to adjust it with.

If you want to see that what I'm saying is correct.... open any other program ( a text based one is probably best for testing )... and use any key you want to see if it does or doesn't already have the key's mapped properly. Next go into XBMC and try the same keys... most notable and for me most inexcusable... the left and right shift keys aren't even mapped properly ( unless they have fixed it since the Frodo 12.3 release ). From what I understand... they work find on say the Windows versions... it's the Android side that they didn't map them correctly on.

So if you can set that aside for now until they get XBMC corrected... Select a device that fits what you want it to do as it is now... you'll still have to wait for XBMC, but once you have what you want first... the rest can come later.

Comment

Look it http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Rii-m...598469780.html

Comment

The only warning I can give you about the NEO A2 is to make sure you own your own power station if you buy one. I have had mine eat thru batteries in 2 days and the longest I have got it to last is 2 weeks.

Also every time you disable the airmouse with the button and you put the remote down next time you pick it up and press a button the airmouse will come back on again and you have to disable it once more.

With the Airmouse activated the "ok" button in the center of the dpad will work on anything. When you disable the airmouse and you want to use just the dpad now the middle button doesn't work any more and you have to use the button underneath the dpad. This is so counter intuitive and if you really had to have 2 buttons then make the one in the center of the dpad work in just dpad mode and the one outside work with the airmouse.

Then there is the fact that everytime you restart your machine it will send the output of the speaker to the remote instead of the normal output and you have to go into settings and change things. I know this is fixed in the official latest minix rom but not everyone buys this remote for use on a minix.

Apart from these flaws and the fact it's not backlit I like it
            To Infinity and Beyond.... XBMC

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpster View Post
              The only warning I can give you about the NEO A2 is to make sure you own your own power station if you buy one. I have had mine eat thru batteries in 2 days and the longest I have got it to last is 2 weeks.

Also every time you disable the airmouse with the button and you put the remote down next time you pick it up and press a button the airmouse will come back on again and you have to disable it once more.

With the Airmouse activated the "ok" button in the center of the dpad will work on anything. When you disable the airmouse and you want to use just the dpad now the middle button doesn't work any more and you have to use the button underneath the dpad. This is so counter intuitive and if you really had to have 2 buttons then make the one in the center of the dpad work in just dpad mode and the one outside work with the airmouse.

Then there is the fact that everytime you restart your machine it will send the output of the speaker to the remote instead of the normal output and you have to go into settings and change things. I know this is fixed in the official latest minix rom but not everyone buys this remote for use on a minix.

Apart from these flaws and the fact it's not backlit I like it
              Flumpster, what do you think about these reviews:

Is it just bad luck? Gibberish? The A2 really suits my needs but I need to confirm that the chances of it having these issues are really really slim.

Comment

ah uve found the thread ^^ - great.
                my opinion -> the neo a2 suits u perfect.
                but my advice ->> connect the dongle (correct name for it??) with an y-usbcable, so the receiver gets enough juice from two usb-ports ^^

the more juice the receiver gets the better is the signal for the remote.
                tested it myself ;D
                normaly one usbport is enough but in my case i have to use 2 usbports.
                my minix is overclocked so more energy is using by the prcessor and all the other stuff inside.
                the y-usbcable helped me to give my receiver the juice its need ^^

or use something like that -->> http://www.amazon.de/D-Link-DUB-H7-7...1783624&sr=1-2

will give u enough juice and also more ports ;D

hate my english btw :P

Comment

Originally posted by dermuggi View Post
                  ah uve found the thread ^^ - great.
                  my opinion -> the neo a2 suits u perfect.
                  but my advice ->> connect the dongle (correct name for it??) with an y-usbcable, so the receiver gets enough juice from two usb-ports ^^

the more juice the receiver gets the better is the signal for the remote.
                  tested it myself ;D
                  normaly one usbport is enough but in my case i have to use 2 usbports.
                  my minix is overclocked so more energy is using by the prcessor and all the other stuff inside.
                  the y-usbcable helped me to give my receiver the juice its need ^^

hate my english btw :P
                  Thanks dermuggi, interesting setup with the Y usb cable, if this cable would ensure that the A2 is properly working then I think I might go ahead with it!

Don't worry about your English it's still good!

Comment

Originally posted by Ilker123 View Post
                    Thanks dermuggi, interesting setup with the Y usb cable, if this cable would ensure that the A2 is properly working then I think I might go ahead with it!

Don't worry about your English it's still good!
                    thx hehe

its not my own picture, the 2nd one ,but i also use an active usbhub.
                    in my opinion the minix does not have enogh juice for the usb-ports if u have overclocked it
                    my opinion ^^
                    and if u want to use maybe one or many hdd`s , maybe small ones wich do not have their own powercable - u definitely have tu use an active usbhub oO

Comment

Originally posted by dermuggi View Post
                      thx hehe

its not my own picture, the 2nd one ,but i also use an active usbhub.
                      in my opinion the minix does not have enogh juice for the usb-ports if u have overclocked it
                      my opinion ^^
                      and if u want to use maybe one or many hdd`s , maybe small ones wich do not have their own powercable - u definitely have tu use an active usbhub oO
                      I wish I could overclock it but then my tv ends up having weird flickering going across it and flashing constantly

But with the usb hub its a good setup, bit messy but it works haha!

Comment

Just found out Minix has their own remote app. Does anyone know of its performance? More importantly would you use it to replace a physical remote?

Comment

Originally posted by Ilker123 View Post
                          Just found out Minix has their own remote app. Does anyone know of its performance? More importantly would you use it to replace a physical remote?
                          Iker, If you still really want to buy one after everything I said I would be more than happy to sell you mine as I am not going to stick with it in the long run. The things I listed are just too annoying and the battery issue I can't live with. The batteries will cost more than the remote in under a year.

It is already left on the side unless I really need the keyboard and I have gone back to using my multi remote that I programmed all the keys from the remote onto.

Eventually I will buy a new one but only when it does nearly the same but with backlight etc and built in battery. That one listed above even looks tempting to me for the time being.

Or this one if it had a backlight http://www.amazon.com/2-4Ghz-Wireles.../dp/B00E1YBTVU as it has a learning feature also.
                          To Infinity and Beyond.... XBMC

Comment

Thanks chaps for hints! I finally bought A2 and so far so good
                            The only concern I have is how to map keys to work in XBMC, any ideas?

Comment

ive got MK702 II - needed a controller with IR learning function so i dont have to use extra remote for reciever and projector

Battery last around 1 week, depends how you use it...
                              Android devices: Minix X7 (gone) , Minix X8-H , MK808b Plus
                              Video Out: Benq W1000+ 1080p Projector
                              Audio Out: HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467B + 5.1 Yamaha Speakers
                              Remote: Rikomagic MK702 II, Minix NEO M1
                              Storage: NAS Zyxel NSA325v2

Comment

Working...
                              X