Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General AML S802 Device release discussions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Looks like a M3 (single core 1.0mhz).

    Yes it is confusing the way AML does it.

    I believe the 8276M the M means different models. So you cant say you have a M.
    It will be a M1, M3, MX (same as M6) and so on. Each has a different number of CPUs and clock speed.
    I have yet to find a sheet explaining it all.

    Here is what I have and all report a 8276M using different APPs to tell hardware.

    M1 = (Jynxbox Pure Linux M1) Single core 900mhz Mali
    M3 = (Jynxbox HD and mini) Single Core 1.0mhz
    MX (Same as M6) = (Jynxbox M6) Dual core 1.2mhz Mali 400-MP

    The M1 and M3 are slow as ass! Not even as fast as a RK29.
    The M6 does really well in my opinion. It is not as fast as a RK3188 but is pretty in line with RK3066. For some reason the MX plays video really well! Probably due to better tuned OS and codecs. RK cant seem to get their shit together with video decoding and all of these use Mali400 GPUs (probably clocked different though).


    Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"





    Comment


      the neoniq smart tv box (aml8726-m1)

      the neoniq smart tv box (aml8726-m1) as you said android is slow ass but when i installed pivox xios linux based xbmc it work really good but that meant i had to give up on android but xbmc was not too slow i would say it was the same as openelec or xbian on the raspberry pi.

      also last night i bought the Tronsmart Prometheus for $49 USD from geekbuying it would probably take a month to get to me due to free shipping. but i am eager to see how well it does with xbmc and live video streaming app.

      i my self made a little businesses on the side installing android tv box's for my friends (mostly elderly people) living in Australia because they cannot afford satellite tv to watch turkish tv channels and shows. and till today i am using the mk908 V5 but if the Tronsmart Prometheus proves to be a good box i will make the switch because it comes with more I/O like Ethernet.

      bye the way thanks for all your effort and feedback bob i really do appreciate it. Because in the past i only used your roms as they were the only stable ones THANX'S

      Comment


        Looking for a definitive answer...

        Originally posted by Finless View Post
        You have not tried a AML M6 with Mali and XBMC yet. Works perfect but I am no XBMC expert.

        It's becoming my "GO TO" TV box lately.

        Bob
        Hi Bob,

        About a month ago I asked you about your recommendations for an HDMI stick that could handle 1080p. At the time you had suggested the CX919 (RK3188). I was all set to order a few when I got back from my holidays. But upon my return I saw the whole debackle regarding the RK3188T and backed off.

        Now I see you regularly swooning over the AML8726 M6/MX series of devices which look terrible on paper by comparison, but they seem to enjoy a cult following.

        Being a guy from the RK side of the fence I thought you could offer the best opinion of which is best. I'm sorry for my hesitance to just reach out and buy something, but I will be asking these devices to play back a lot of OTA recordings that are uncompressed 1080p .TS files. I don't want to be spending $400 on a bunch of these and make a wrong choice.


        Thanks for you time.

        Comment


          ARRRR wrong answer

          even though it says m3 on the pcb it is actuallu a m1 because none of the m3 updates work only m1 firmware work thats what i mean confusing. ????

          Comment


            Originally posted by FoneFreak View Post
            There is no way the amlogic /mali 450 beasts will be less powerfull then crappy RK boxes mate.

            Amlogic + Linux + xbmc = perfection!!!
            Your equation is flawed..... Linux is not part of my equations......

            Also I meant future RK chips. I know they have one coming that uses a powerVR chip, same version but labeled different, that goes into the iPhony 5.

            At any rate I want

            (chipset) + Android(JB) + xbmc = perfection.... chipset I am leaning towards now is AMLogic.

            As for all the AMLogic confusion out there, yes they did go crazy with the chips but it was due to the manufactures wanting the chips they are buying with a higher clock rate to be labeled totally different.... but they are the same chip.. lol who know who to blame now and it isn't AMLogic.

            Comment


              Originally posted by freebase1ca View Post
              Hi Bob,

              About a month ago I asked you about your recommendations for an HDMI stick that could handle 1080p. At the time you had suggested the CX919 (RK3188). I was all set to order a few when I got back from my holidays. But upon my return I saw the whole debackle regarding the RK3188T and backed off.

              Now I see you regularly swooning over the AML8726 M6/MX series of devices which look terrible on paper by comparison, but they seem to enjoy a cult following.

              Being a guy from the RK side of the fence I thought you could offer the best opinion of which is best. I'm sorry for my hesitance to just reach out and buy something, but I will be asking these devices to play back a lot of OTA recordings that are uncompressed 1080p .TS files. I don't want to be spending $400 on a bunch of these and make a wrong choice.


              Thanks for you time.

              I would not say I am swooning! Just surprised how well these AML boxes do with the low specs on paper.

              Personally I would wait for the new AML quads or RK3288.

              The problem with playing uncompressed 1080P video is network bandwidth! I don't think that issue can be fixed by having faster procs. Even a hard disk connected over USB this still could be an issue. I think you might be asking for more than a mini PC can do simply due to the technology of the available ports and limited bandwidth to stream that much data! If they ever add SATA III ports to these then it might be possible.

              Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"





              Comment


                Yup, eSata/SataIII and USB 3.0 would sort stuff out. Add a Gigabit Ethernet on that one and it is nearly a complete little beast.

                We, who usually stress the soul out of these little boxes with high-end files, are really a minority.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Pluto View Post
                  Yup, eSata/SataIII and USB 3.0 would sort stuff out. Add a Gigabit Ethernet on that one and it is nearly a complete little beast.

                  We, who usually stress the soul out of these little boxes with high-end files, are really a minority.
                  I agree.

                  I have the MX1 with 2 USB hard drive hooked up through and eight port hub.

                  One 750gig drive is acting as my sdcard and the other 1T drive is my movie storage.

                  The internal memory is setup as 6gigs of app install and any overflow that apps install to the SDCARD are put on the 750gig HD :-)

                  I cannot wait to turn that thing into a full time server and add two more 1T drives to it!!!

                  Come one GB give us the good news on the HDMI pass through!!!1!!!!1!!111

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Finless View Post
                    I would not say I am swooning! Just surprised how well these AML boxes do with the low specs on paper.

                    Personally I would wait for the new AML quads or RK3288.

                    The problem with playing uncompressed 1080P video is network bandwidth! I don't think that issue can be fixed by having faster procs. Even a hard disk connected over USB this still could be an issue. I think you might be asking for more than a mini PC can do simply due to the technology of the available ports and limited bandwidth to stream that much data! If they ever add SATA III ports to these then it might be possible.

                    Bob
                    Thanks for your response - and interesting perspective on the bandwidth issue. I think I have ruled this out however... When experimenting with my MK808, I started with the files over wifi. I then moved on to a wired connection and also tried USB sticks. The wifi was the worst, but they all had unusable pausing/stuttering. But in the back of my mind I think about my Homerun tuner that reliably delivers two of these streams to my recording PC in parallel through the network. It is these streams that are being laid into the .TS files largely unmodified. So I don't expect the bottleneck to be the network.

                    I'm going to buy some MXs, relying on the positive reviews I've found. Although the new devices sound great, I don't feel like paying the $100 premium that will exist at the beginning. That would mean an extra $400 for my implementation. I'll commit top using these devices with a wired LAN connection. If things don't pan out, I'll have to live with transcoding the TV recordings and give up on live viewing over the network. However, I doubt it will come to that as I've heard people are able to use a Homerun plugin for XBMC without suffering from the stuttering effect.

                    I'll report on my results in a few weeks...

                    Comment


                      Actually shipped

                      Has anyone actually had one of these shipped yet? I see 6 on **** of the transmort, but not a fan of the circle.

                      Contacting Aibaba manufacturers of different amlogic quad's with the 450 mali gpu, all say not out of testing yet. That have responded that is.

                      I mean if the 8gb is really $105 like geekbuying has of the transmort pre order, that'd work for me.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by freebase1ca View Post
                        Thanks for your response - and interesting perspective on the bandwidth issue. I think I have ruled this out however... When experimenting with my MK808, I started with the files over wifi. I then moved on to a wired connection and also tried USB sticks. The wifi was the worst, but they all had unusable pausing/stuttering. But in the back of my mind I think about my Homerun tuner that reliably delivers two of these streams to my recording PC in parallel through the network. It is these streams that are being laid into the .TS files largely unmodified. So I don't expect the bottleneck to be the network.

                        I'm going to buy some MXs, relying on the positive reviews I've found. Although the new devices sound great, I don't feel like paying the $100 premium that will exist at the beginning. That would mean an extra $400 for my implementation. I'll commit top using these devices with a wired LAN connection. If things don't pan out, I'll have to live with transcoding the TV recordings and give up on live viewing over the network. However, I doubt it will come to that as I've heard people are able to use a Homerun plugin for XBMC without suffering from the stuttering effect.

                        I'll report on my results in a few weeks...
                        I have been tinkering with this idea for quite awhile. I have been trying to make my android tv boxes an all-in-one device. I have two hdhomerun devices, one is an older model dual atsc tuner and my newest one is the one that decodes the signal inside the tuner. i have been using a program called HDMonitor to monitor the output stream of the tuner. The output from HD channels average about 13Mbp depending on the channel. I am using cat6 for all my ethernet runs, and all my devices are connected via ethernet. I have found that my ATV1220, (amalogic dual core) seems to work better for these ts streams, than my quad core rockchip devices. I also discovered that my older hdhomerun tuner seems to work as good or better than my newest hdhomerun tuner. I have been trying different programs on my android devices and different players. All the sd channels play with no problems. The HD channels play flawlessly sometimes, but then other times, the playback is awful. Silicondust, maker of the hdhomerun tuner, has a couple of good apps for android and they work pretty good. Inside XBMC, both Frodo and Gotham, the stream plays good sometimes and again sometimes the playback is awful. I have not found the cause of these inconsistencies.
                        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

                        Comment


                          Tronsmart Vega S89 review

                          I just noticed that Geekbuying has uploaded a video showing the some benchmarks, etc. connected with the Tronsmart Vega S89. He exhibits the XBMC bit around the 3:42 mark.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gugDNfFSf4c

                          Comment


                            Just finish the review for the tronsmart vega S89, check it here:

                            http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php.../#.UzJji4UVAdE

                            Eric
                            Geekbuying
                            Looking for developers
                            http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

                            Comment


                              Looks good!

                              Comment


                                Noticed dates has changed again but this time earlyer date! Presell Product Lead-time: 2014-04-03

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X