• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noderat
    replied
    Re: General AML S802 Device release discussions

Originally posted by Tech View Post
    @rlaursen

Your the lucky one. With this build the stock xbmc is still crashing out at launch.
    Did wipe all data twice but still no dice..

Also this one is non root fw
    You need to root this device for XBMC to work.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Leave a comment:

• Tech
    replied
    @rlaursen

Your the lucky one. With this build the stock xbmc is still crashing out at launch.
    Did wipe all data twice but still no dice..

Also this one is non root fw

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied

Originally posted by rlaursen View Post
    1080P H.264 Dolby Digital 5.1 confirmed to be working on my AVR. Was also able to enable DTS in xbmc options and will report back once I find a video that uses that format. So far I am very impressed with this box running this new firmware. Xbmc is so much more responsive compared to my old gbox mx2.
    Here are all the demo files you'll ever need. http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/hi...n-trailers.php

Please turn on Audio keep alive as well and let me know if DTS causes 2.0 PCM to stop working until HDMI is reconnected or AVR source changed.

Leave a comment:

• rlaursen
    replied
    Originally posted by noderat View Post
    Fantastic! I assume it is pre-rooted?

There is no way in XBMC or Android to know if you are doing passthrough. You have to have an AVR (receiver) that shows the format.

1080P H.264 Dolby Digital 5.1 confirmed to be working on my AVR. Was also able to enable DTS in xbmc options and will report back once I find a video that uses that format. So far I am very impressed with this box running this new firmware. Xbmc is so much more responsive compared to my old gbox mx2.

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied

M8 owners great news! so i had my seller send me the stock M8 firmware because i flashed with the tronsmart rom and it killed my box. First of all, it successfully restored my M8 back to life and it fixed all of my video issues in xbmc! All H.264 videos play smoothly now and i can confirm all 3 hardware codecs Amlogic, libstagefright and mediacodec are enabled in xbmc at the same time. I am using the version that is on the rom which is Gotham beta 1. I do not think its any special version and think the rom that came with my box was some older buggy version. The rom I just downloaded works perfect. BTW, it says AAC 5.1, and dolby digital 5.1 when I tried a few movies so I am assuming this is working as well?

Here is the download link
    百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

password is rtje
    Fantastic! I assume it is pre-rooted?

There is no way in XBMC or Android to know if you are doing passthrough. You have to have an AVR (receiver) that shows the format.

Leave a comment:

• Tech
    replied
    Thanks ill give that a spin soon

Leave a comment:

• rlaursen
    replied
    did that when i got it buddy and its no dice. Mabe others will have luck with disable auto hdmi but not me
    M8 owners great news! so i had my seller send me the stock M8 firmware because i flashed with the tronsmart rom and it killed my box. First of all, it successfully restored my M8 back to life and it fixed all of my video issues in xbmc! All H.264 videos play smoothly now and i can confirm all 3 hardware codecs Amlogic, libstagefright and mediacodec are enabled in xbmc at the same time. I am using the version that is on the rom which is Gotham beta 1. I do not think its any special version and think the rom that came with my box was some older buggy version. The rom I just downloaded works perfect. BTW, it says AAC 5.1, and dolby digital 5.1 when I tried a few movies so I am assuming this is working as well?

Here is the download link
    百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

password is rtje

Leave a comment:

• Tech
    replied
    From working TV, change setting from auto detect resolution to 720p and try the other TVs. It could be refresh rate or resolution. Some tvs do report inaccurate sink info.

did that when i got it buddy and its no dice. Mabe others will have luck with disable auto hdmi but not me

Leave a comment:

• rlaursen
    replied
    So far I'm not very impressed with what I'm hearing about the m8 which is a shame as I like it's form factor.

I'm hoping all of these issues are related to a buggy rom. I sent finless the DL link for the stock M8 rom so hopefully he can figure out what is wrong and release a stable version

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied

it works on my samsung plasma but it randomly flickers.. like the display signal drops for a second and reconnects. I had it connected to my Mitsubishi projector but it actually forced the projector to emergency shutdown twice. Its actually not working at all now cause I flashed it with the tronsmart rom which apparently does not work with the M8. I am downloading the stock M8 rom now which will hopefully let me get it back up and running.
    So far I'm not very impressed with what I'm hearing about the m8 which is a shame as I like it's form factor.

Leave a comment:

• rlaursen
    replied
    I have the Square unit and confirm xbmc is not great but hope to test some more builds.

your lucky it works on your TV's It only works on my kids Hitachi. Panasonic, Sharp are not working via HDMI only AV
    it works on my samsung plasma but it randomly flickers.. like the display signal drops for a second and reconnects. I had it connected to my Mitsubishi projector but it actually forced the projector to emergency shutdown twice. Its actually not working at all now cause I flashed it with the tronsmart rom which apparently does not work with the M8. I am downloading the stock M8 rom now which will hopefully let me get it back up and running.

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied

I have the Square unit and confirm xbmc is not great but hope to test some more builds.

your lucky it works on your TV's It only works on my kids Hitachi. Panasonic, Sharp are not working via HDMI only AV
    From working TV, change setting from auto detect resolution to 720p and try the other TVs. It could be refresh rate or resolution. Some tvs do report inaccurate sink info.

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied
    Okay, it's confirmed. The Tronsmart unit and likely the M8 REQUIRE root privileges for audio/video sync as well as aspect ratio control. Please root your boxes and report back if your xbmc experience has improved.

Leave a comment:

• Tech
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rlaursen
    replied
    Originally posted by dave220 View Post
    I did some more testing

Video format: h264, 720p, aac

Online streaming local file
    Gotham nightly: audio/video out of sync runs fine
    Test build for : runs fine runs fine
    Fire Tv

For both only libstagefright works. Turning on amlogic or Mediacodec breaks video.
    Test build is found in the xbmc hardware forum, thread Amazon Fire TV.

I will try 1080p video next with the test build.

Let me know if anyone wants any more info.
    Do you have the black square M8 box? I am having that same exact issue. I get no video when using the amlogic decoder in xbmc when trying to stream H.264 video files in mashup. Libstagefright works but is just as bad as using software decoder.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X