No announcement yet.

General AML S802 Device release discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 5 gHz band is blazing fast I get 60 down at my house and I get 60 down on my vega. I'm loving this thing so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah I will, once I dig in alittle more

Comment

Originally posted by otisrhw View Post
        Yeah I will, once I dig in alittle more

Does it get hot? That is one of my concerns, also is it stable? Any reboots or freezing?
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Re: EM8 Amlogic S802 quad core 2Ghz + Octa core Mali 450: FIRST PRICE INFO!

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
          Does it get hot? That is one of my concerns, also is it stable? Any reboots or freezing?
          I've only had it for three hours now and no, not hot, no freezing at all.

Comment

Is anyone else having problems installing apps from the Play store? On certain apps I'm getting "error couldnt install on USB or SD card". I've reflashed the FW and checked I've enough storage but I'm still getting these errors?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
              Is anyone else having problems installing apps from the Play store? On certain apps I'm getting "error couldnt install on USB or SD card". I've reflashed the FW and checked I've enough storage but I'm still getting these errors?

What app, I'll try the same one?

Comment

What app, I'll try the same one?

ROM Toolbox Pro is one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by skelton View Post
                  Are Tronsmart Vega source code available? Because the generic kernel sources that amlogic release at openlinux webpage usually are not enough to compile a working kernel for an amlogic product, not without the specific customer folder in it......

Would be nice if a working kernel can be made. If not possible with the generic source, then is as close source as rockchip.
                  This true? I always thought that was the big advantage AMLogic had over RK processors....that AMLogic embraced open source. Is the party over?

Also, all the DD/DTS pass through problems put to rest?

Looks like early reports of problems with the Ethernet port and overheating were not accurate with the S802 based boxes?

Comment

ROM Toolbox Pro is one of them.

installed fine but I'm not rooted so says no root access. Are all the apps your having problems with for root?

Comment

installed fine but I'm not rooted so says no root access. Are all the apps your having problems with for root?

How to root vega s89, check here:

Here is the instruction for how to root your tronsmart vega S89 and Vega S89 Elite quad core tv box: 1 Power on your Tronsmart vega s89 tv box. and turn on the USB Debug choice under setting; 2 Use the usb cable to connect your tronsmart vega s89 tv box with your windows PC(now […]

or
                      I've received a Tronsmart Vega S89 Elite, and after publishing some pictures, I'm now testing the device. The firmware does not come rooted however, which
                      Looking for developers
                      http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

I would love to get one of these to compare with the amazon fire tv I got recently but I just cannot make a purchase with the current form factor these manufacturers are releasing. Maybe im just picky but does anyone know when a regular looking one will be released? Hopefully wont have to wait until july-august for another Minix release .

Few questions also:

1) Has anyone put a regular launcher on this thing yet and if so what does the menu bar look like? Are there any hide bar buttons and things like that?

2) What about bluetooth and other networking functions do they retain the same mac address after a reboot?

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysbless View Post
                          I would love to get one of these to compare with the amazon fire tv I got recently but I just cannot make a purchase with the current form factor this manufacturers are releasing. Maybe im just picky but does anyone know when a regular looking one will be released? Hopefully wont have to wait until july-august for another Minix release .
                          1) try the NOVA launcher, it can work.(replace the old launcher) and you can hide the bar buttons;
                          2) bluetooth and wifi mac address won't change after you reboot, just tested.
                          Last edited by geekbuying; 04-11-2014, 02:00.
                          Looking for developers
                          http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

No. Can't figure out what the problem is. Maybe only 1 in 3 installs successfully.

Comment

No. Can't figure out what the problem is. Maybe only 1 in 3 installs successfully.

Are you using a apk to sd card app? Have you tried to Unmount sd card?

Comment

Are you using a apk to sd card app? Have you tried to Unmount sd card?

It seems to be paid apps. I'm I the only one having problems?

Comment

Working...
                                X