No announcement yet.

General AML S802 Device release discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EM8 Amlogic S802 quad core 2Ghz + Octa core Mali 450: FIRST PRICE INFO!

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
    It seems to be paid apps. I'm I the only one having problems?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    No your not the only one I just got this problem with gamepad enabler

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by otisrhw View Post
      No your not the only one I just got this problem with gamepad enabler

Yeah, it seems no paid apps will install for some reason. I've been reading around the web and its maybe a kernel issue but I'm not sure. Something needs sorted though.

Comment

Yeah, it seems no paid apps will install for some reason. I've been reading around the web and its maybe a kernel issue but I'm not sure. Something needs sorted though.

Looking through build prop now look for something obvious.

Comment

Looking through build prop now look for something obvious.

I mentioned it earlier as well but looking at the max CPU in trickstermod, its set to 1.6ghz. I thought this Amlogic was 2GHz max? Is this how they've sorted out their overheating problem by throttling the CPU?

Comment

I mentioned it earlier as well but looking at the max CPU in trickstermod, its set to 1.6ghz. I thought this Amlogic was 2GHz max? Is this how they've sorted out their overheating problem by throttling the CPU?

I wouldn't put it past good old hong Kong. First the rk3188-T chaos now more bait and switch crap. Bah.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Don't know about the overheating thing but this install is software related and will be fixed I'm sure for now I use apk extractor on my phone and send to dropbox install from there. Also wondering about black market or aptoid

Comment

Don't know about the overheating thing but this install is software related and will be fixed I'm sure for now I use apk extractor on my phone and send to dropbox install from there. Also wondering about black market or aptoid
                I would not recommend discussing any piracy apps here on freaktab.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Yeah, sure it will be fixed. I find it quite fun finding all the bugs when the new boxes are released.

Comment

Originally posted by noderat View Post
                    I would not recommend discussing any piracy apps here on freaktab.

Yeah I know but when you need the stuff you paid for than that could be your only option or email devs and get apk

Comment

Yeah I know but when you need the stuff you paid for than that could be your only option or email devs and get apk
                      I suggest emailing the devs.

Comment

I wouldn't put it past good old hong Kong. First the rk3188-T chaos now more bait and switch crap. Bah.

It does go up to 2ghz in trickster although it won't stick. If you use the frequency lock that seems to work. Also, the minimum frequency is 96?!? I've bumped that up also which improves smoothness.

Comment

Just get a good news from my customer, the tronsmart vega s89 can play Blu-ray ISO.

those iso file is really too big, i haven't got one to test, but my customer tell me ,it can.
                          Looking for developers
                          http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

It does go up to 2ghz in trickster although it won't stick. If you use the frequency lock that seems to work. Also, the minimum frequency is 96?!? I've bumped that up also which improves smoothness.

TV boxes really shouldn't scale that low, those speeds its not even about heat it's about battery life. Perhaps the kernel its using was originally meant for the m802 for a tablet or phone?

Comment

Originally posted by gene0915 View Post
                              This true? I always thought that was the big advantage AMLogic had over RK processors....that AMLogic embraced open source. Is the party over?

Also, all the DD/DTS pass through problems put to rest?
                              Amlogic releases generic s802 kernel sources which while very helpful doesn't include source for any particular tweaks they have done with their production kernels. On top of that each manufacturer makes their own custom ROMs and kernels and they don't release the source for their hardware modifications. This leaves devs like Bob and d33 to tweak and test each possible variant until they get the hardware to work. It's a violation of the GPL is some instances but who is really going to sue?

Nobody outside of hong kong has commented on 5.1 support and I don't trust anything resellers/manufacturers say.

Comment

TV boxes really shouldn't scale that low, those speeds its not even about heat it's about battery life. Perhaps the kernel its using was originally meant for the m802 for a tablet or phone?

It does look like it came from a mobile device. The kernel is a mess to be honest. The govenor is hotplug and it can't be changed, really no need for hotplug on a TV box. The minimum sample rate appears to be 100000, far too slow. Using the frequency lock to try and change the max and min frequency seems to mess things up too much. If the kernel was tweaked the performance would be really, really great.

Comment

Working...
                                X