General AML S802 Device release discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nutzu View Post
    is better rom than 1.2??what's good about this one??
    I don't see much difference at the moment.

The M8 ROM in boot has a different ntfl and mali KO files.

I also see it doing something different with AML keys which I think might solve the paid app install thing!

System looks almost the same except for wifi.

Kernels are for sure different!

BUT, do not flash the M8 ROM on your S89. You will hard brick due to bootloader!
    I learned the hard way and it took 3 hours to get unbricked.
    It's because bootloader is different as the M8 uses a different NAND chip that the S89.

However if you use the S89 bootloader, the M8 ROM and kernel does boot!

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Mheel View Post
      Did you buy one from this seller it says 10 pieces minimum?
      How much did you pay?
      kind regards Magnus
      I ordered two a few weeks ago but they could only send me one because they were so low on inventory since they were samples. They said the M8 officially goes on sale the end of this month.

$74 each.. for two was $187 shipped plus Western Union fees and import tax. Came out to like $210 for both. I'll try to find out if the -H chip is in mine or not.

If you want my contact over there PM me.
      Last edited by rlaursen; 04-19-2014, 00:27.

Comment

I tried installing speedtest.net app on the M8 but it said device isnt supported. I was able to add the apk manually from a usb stick though and it works fine so some apps may not be able to be installed from the app store on this FW yet. I also noticed when I paused a movie and left it idle for an hour I came back and the box was frozen requiring me to unplug and replug the power cable. Aside from these issues the box has been running good.

One thing that has been driving me nuts and is a major problem often overlooked by people who buy android boxes is the fact that most of them have a problem getting the correct ethernet speeds. For example, I run speedtest.net from my pc and always get 57/mbs. I run the same app to the same test server location and get 27-28mb/s instead of the 57mb/s my pc gets. Both my PC and M8 are plugged into the same switch. My Gbox mx2 always got 16-18mb/s no matter what I tried so the M8 is a nice improvement over those speeds. My quad CS918 Rockchip always gets the full 57mb/s though so does anybody know what causes this limitation in internet speed? I would love to get full speeds as this would really minimize buffering times esp when loading a movie.

Comment

Re: General AML S802 Device release discussions

Originally posted by rlaursen View Post
          I tried installing speedtest.net app on the M8 but it said device isnt supported. I was able to add the apk manually from a usb stick though and it works fine so some apps may not be able to be installed from the app store on this FW yet. I also noticed when I paused a movie and left it idle for an hour I came back and the box was frozen requiring me to unplug and replug the power cable. Aside from these issues the box has been running good.

One thing that has been driving me nuts and is a major problem often overlooked by people who buy android boxes is the fact that most of them have a problem getting the correct ethernet speeds. For example, I run speedtest.net from my pc and always get 57/mbs. I run the same app to the same test server location and get 27-28mb/s instead of the 57mb/s my pc gets. Both my PC and M8 are plugged into the same switch. My Gbox mx2 always got 16-18mb/s no matter what I tried so the M8 is a nice improvement over those speeds. My quad CS918 Rockchip always gets the full 57mb/s though so does anybody know what causes this limitation in internet speed? I would love to get full speeds as this would really minimize buffering times esp when loading a movie.
          You can fix the incompatible app issue by changing your build.prop

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

new EM8 firmware

There is a new EM8 firmware that doesn't say for test. Hopefully they ironed out more issues on this one. I don't have my box yet so I can't test it. Order mine 2 weeks ago and not sent yet (getting worried a bit as i ordered directly from them and paid with western union so no tracking). They don't seem to have a 16gb version but unlike the S 89, their 8gb does come with dual band wifi.

Comment

Originally posted by userofthenet View Post
              There is a new EM8 firmware that doesn't say for test. Hopefully they ironed out more issues on this one. I don't have my box yet so I can't test it. Order mine 2 weeks ago and not sent yet (getting worried a bit as i ordered directly from them and paid with western union so no tracking). They don't seem to have a 16gb version but unlike the S 89, their 8gb does come with dual band wifi.
              http://www.enybox.com/En/news/class/
              great will flash and report back. Wish they included a fix log

Comment

great will flash and report back. Wish they included a fix log
                I'm poking around this ROM right now, not too many differences few goodies.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

I tried installing speedtest.net app on the M8 but it said device isnt supported. I was able to add the apk manually from a usb stick though and it works fine so some apps may not be able to be installed from the app store on this FW yet.
                  Not compatible, becouse the TVboxes (without build.prop mod) using only landscape mode. But this speedtest app don't have landscape mode. You see a 9:16 frame on 16:9 screen.
                  Sorry for my bad english!

GT-I9100 (Wanam14.1-Dori8.43), Concorde 401BT (AP6210, Neomode1.9a)

Comment

Originally posted by Somatom View Post
                    Not compatible, becouse the TVboxes (without build.prop mod) using only landscape mode. But this speedtest app don't have landscape mode. You see a 9:16 frame on 16:9 screen.
                    Sorry for my bad english!

GT-I9100 (Wanam14.1-Dori8.43), Concorde 401BT (AP6210, Neomode1.9a)

Use a rotation lock app from the Play Store.

Comment

Different M8 boxes?

Is there any difference between these M8 boxes or are they using the same firmware?

I have ordered one from ****** but is wondering if i can use finnless or eny firmware?

//Magnus

Comment

Originally posted by noderat View Post
                        I'm poking around this ROM right now, not too many differences few goodies.

i think you were right about having to be rooted because I'm having the same problem as before after upgrading to this newest firmware. I am thinking the last one I was on was rooted and this isnt because I have no video, just audio again. Finless please root this firmware i dont have a male to male usb cord to manually do it.

nevermind.. just seen his post to root
                        Last edited by rlaursen; 04-21-2014, 23:33.

Comment

i think you were right about having to be rooted because I'm having the same problem as before after upgrading to this newest firmware. I am thinking the last one I was on was rooted and this isnt because I have no video, just audio again. Finless please root this firmware i dont have a male to male usb cord to manually do it.

nevermind.. just seen his post to root
                          XBMC has it coded in to reset the permissions specifically for AMLogic. Apparently this is a common AMLogic issue.

Comment

Originally posted by noderat View Post
                            XBMC has it coded in to reset the permissions specifically for AMLogic. Apparently this is a common AMLogic issue.

I rooted and reinstalled xbmc but still same problem lol only audio playing with amlogic decoder enabled. It works if you enable Libstagefright by itself. Used to work with amlogic decoder with previous firmware. I checked superuser app and xbmc has been granted rights so not sure whats going on any ideas?

correction libstagefright is runnning like crap esp with passthrough enabled. Something is different with this firmware.. may revert back to other one for the time being

Comment

Guys, I'm little confused I been reading most of the thread some seller claim that they are selling m8 s802 B version or s802DD that supports passthrough Dolby and DTS. My question is are these fakes is there just s802 and these companies just faking it can do dolby and dts pass through. or have they found a way to do it via rom decode tks
                              Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
                                Guys, I'm little confused I been reading most of the thread some seller claim that they are selling m8 s802 B version or s802DD that supports passthrough Dolby and DTS. My question is are these fakes is there just s802 and these companies just faking it can do dolby and dts pass through. or have they found a way to do it via rom decode tks
                                There are NO s802DD devices released to the general public yet as AMLogic has only released developer samples

Comment

Working...
                                X