No announcement yet.

General AML S802 Device release discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What i'm wnndering, since these are running android 4.4, with the secure partition and stuff, do they run netflix in HD (as opposed to the 480p it runs at on andriod 4.2 devices).

Comment

Re: EM8 Amlogic S802 quad core 2Ghz + Octa core Mali 450: FIRST PRICE INFO!

Anyone know when the Geniatech 1800 is supposed to be available?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by gopichandpai View Post
        Hi Eric,

As there is no external antenna for Tronsmart Vega S89, how is the wifi reception?
        WIFI is very good in the test sample.

Originally posted by milenko79 View Post
        What i'm wnndering, since these are running android 4.4, with the secure partition and stuff, do they run netflix in HD (as opposed to the 480p it runs at on andriod 4.2 devices).
        i will try that. and report back.

Originally posted by reefmonger View Post
        Anyone know when the Geniatech 1800 is supposed to be available?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
        Geniatech never allow other seller to sell their products, it's a shame, and we don't know when it will be ready to the market.
        Looking for developers
        http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Thanks Eric.

Just wondering how much space do they have for internal storage and NAND flash?
          ~Gopichand Pai

Comment

Originally posted by gopichandpai View Post
            Thanks Eric.

Just wondering how much space do they have for internal storage and NAND flash?
            check my antutu screenshot, and the sample i get is 2G/8G. if 2G/16G version,it should be different.
            Looking for developers
            http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Originally posted by YujiTFD View Post
              Would be very good outcome, yeah.

And yes, most of the people should want their player to decode DTS and Dolby (which S89 should do, right?), but not have ability to passthrough so they would need an receiver for actual DTS/DD decoding. Me, for instance, I don't have a home theater system yet, so if, for example, S89 would just decode DTS/DD itself and send signal to TV via HDMI - I will be happy. Will it work like that?
              no , not even downmix, you'll hear nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by kenofstephen View Post
                no , not even downmix, you'll hear nothing.
                Wait, Eric said
                Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
                I just test, you still can get DTS if you use MX player software decoding....
                Or do you mean pure HW decoding?

And three question for Eric:

- Does Vega S89 support USB cameras and USB/Bluetooth gamepads?

- How good AV output quality is?

- You said
                Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
                but the M8 and S8 will use the realtek 8188, so you won't get bluetooth on that two device.
                But desciption says S8 Android AML8726-M8
                Bluetooth Support

Is this a mistake in description?

Comment

Stated no blue thooth,yo so 8188 doesn't have Bluetooth.

Eric he is right that your site has it with blue thooth so you'll have to re update the pre sale page if thats now not in the box from shipping, changing these things is always a downfall on manufacture side of things, all the pre orders you have now wont get with Bluetooth so you have to manage that issue. May be a deal breaker for some.

Regards.
                  Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                    Stated no blue thooth,yo so 8188 doesn't have Bluetooth.

Eric he is right that your site has it with blue thooth so you'll have to re update the pre sale page if thats now not in the box from shipping, changing these things is always a downfall on manufacture side of things, all the pre orders you have now wont get with Bluetooth so you have to manage that issue. May be a deal breaker for some.

Regards.
                    Maybe they use other chip to BT support, in the old mk802IV ot Imito QX1 there is a chip for wifi (RTL8188 or RTL8189es) and a dedicated chip for BT (RDA5876). I dont want to say that BT is suported in this devices, only want to say that is possible to use RTL8188 for wifi and use other chip for BT.

leolas
                    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                    My devices:
                    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                    Gearbest.com)
                    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Eric stated won't get Bluetooth on both of those so he has to clear it up for those that pre ordered.

As it clearly states bluetooth on pre order site for geek buying, as i said may be deal breaker for some,
                      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

DELETED. Double post

Comment

I need smoth real 1080p and 5.1 Dolby on Netflix (and other streaming sites). I need confirmation that this is working as without that I will not buy the device.

Comment

Originally posted by ssspacman View Post
                            I need smoth real 1080p and 5.1 Dolby on Netflix (and other streaming sites). I need confirmation that this is working as without that I will not buy the device.
                            You will only get confirmation after device will hit the market. At least Eric said that actual chip, which gonna be used in the final version of S89, is not yet decided.

Comment

It takes some time to better any product if you want perfect then try Windows based machines at 5 times the costs. For the price once everything confirmed working then you can buy. Its been the same for any new android TV device developed. This one will be no different, but the system specs are making the rest of us drool

Comment

the infomation is wrong

the infomation provided first is wrong, and today i got one confirmation infomation from following guys,

the quad core will be 2G RAM, 8G ROM, Bluetooth 4.0 and 2.4G, 5G

acemax MODEL NO IPTV 458

first PP SAMPLES 100PCS..

Comment

Working...
                                X