General AML S802 Device release discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d33 View Post
    It'll turn into he same mess as the RK3188 market, with two or three reference designs getting 9 gazillion names and confusing the hell out of everyone

Using my ipad so apols for any stupid ios spelling 'corrections'
    Of course it will... and a large percentage of them will be made by Yifang and sold by their various subsidaries!
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

mp-40

had a chat with the bloke from the link below and he told me that the price was $150USD which i think is over kill no way will i buy this box for that price when you dont know what kind of support they offer. also they recon in may they will have a allwinner octa core tv box

http://www.ronben.com/product/4K-Media-Player-Android.htm

$150 for a clone no wayyy

Comment

EM8 Amlogic S802 quad core 2Ghz + Octa core Mali 450: FIRST PRICE INFO!

They are all clones

Of the reference design

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
        Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
        Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
        Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
        CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
        Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
        RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

M8 S802 support Dolby and DTS

I got the below E-mail from Envybox , they claim that S802 on the m8 support Dolby and DTS. here you go :

Hi munti,
          1.Our box is amlogic S802 quad core android 4.3 OS support 4K 5G WIFI RAM 2GB ROM 8GB
          2.It has dolby and dts,I do not know others,but we have.
          3.We are the first one to release this new product on alibaba.
          We have own R&D team, so clear about the technology information.

Comment

Originally posted by munta View Post
            I got the below E-mail from Envybox , they claim that S802 on the m8 support Dolby and DTS. here you go :

Hi munti,
            1.Our box is amlogic S802 quad core android 4.3 OS support 4K 5G WIFI RAM 2GB ROM 8GB
            2.It has dolby and dts,I do not know others,but we have.
            3.We are the first one to release this new product on alibaba.
            We have own R&D team, so clear about the technology information.

Did you ask them if they supported DTS and Dolby AC3 or if they supported DTS/AC3 HDMI pass through?

Everyone supports DTS and Dolby but no-one supported pass through.

Oh and the clone thing.... none of them are clones as there was no full product released by the manufacture of the reference design. Same thing with ATI all those years ago where they handed out reference boards but never sold em. Can't clone something that never existed

Comment

AMLOGIC EM8 S802 MALI450 OCTA CORE TV BOX

We have 150 units on order and expect delivery in next 6 weeks so if any of you guys are UK based you can pre order from link below.

Cheers

Audio5000

Comment

Re: EM8 Amlogic S802 quad core 2Ghz + Octa core Mali 450: FIRST PRICE INFO!

Originally posted by AUDIO5000 View Post
                We have 150 units on order and expect delivery in next 6 weeks so if any of you guys are UK based you can pre order from link below.

Cheers

Audio5000
                The obvious question is, is it 802D, 802DD or without D's?

Signature? Signature!

Comment

Cheers

Audio5000
                  You dropped "recommended" price of ~$332 down to ~$249 for a $100 device? Really? It just can't be.
                  Originally posted by JugsteR View Post
                  The obvious question is, is it 802D, 802DD or without D's?
                  Description says it does bitstream over HDMI. It says that.

Comment

Originally posted by YujiTFD View Post
                    You dropped "recommended" price of ~$332 down to ~$249 for a $100 device? Really? It just can't be.

Description says it does bitstream over HDMI. It says that.
                    I am aware of that. I am also aware that specs are copied from manufacturer or similar. I am not aware that 802DD has been confirmed. Are you?

Signature? Signature!

Comment

Originally posted by JugsteR View Post
                      I am aware of that. I am also aware that specs are copied from manufacturer or similar. I am not aware that 802DD has been confirmed. Are you?
                      Nope, it was a sarcasm, sorry. It's just somebody with single post claims to have a reply from Eny about EM8 providing DD/DTS passthrough, and by the very same day another somebody with single post claims he has (surprise!) upcoming stock of EM8s, which price is highway robbery. I lost my temper, while I shouldn't have. Sorry again.

Comment

We might just get some test results yet

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Comment

So lets see something funny here....

httttttttp://www.theaudioworksuk.com/ = the audio work suk HAHAHAHAHA LOL

And if you google s802DD you get a map of some place in England close to a shop called smarty pants!!!!

oh how funny.....

now on to the whole d and my favorite in two forms Double D

The only person mentioning the D and DD is Geekbuying and he is correct on the info he gets but sometimes that info is wrong because they are just trying to hook buyers.

So until someone can prove that this D and DD version exists I'm going to go with this.... another useless chipset for watching movies with surround sound. Oh and only half the Antutu of todays phones. Sure it's a buck thirty on average but still not worth it IMHO.

again waiting for GB to give us the skinny.

Comment

Originally posted by reddragon72 View Post
                            Did you ask them if they supported DTS and Dolby AC3 or if they supported DTS/AC3 HDMI pass through?

Everyone supports DTS and Dolby but no-one supported pass through.

Oh and the clone thing.... none of them are clones as there was no full product released by the manufacture of the reference design. Same thing with ATI all those years ago where they handed out reference boards but never sold em. Can't clone something that never existed
                            I asked hem if the M8 Support bypass through HDMI ,and the answer was yes it support DOLBY true HD and DTS HD bypass through HDMI

Comment

Just curious to know, the devices with spdif out, give dolby or DTS thru spdif?
                              ~Gopichand Pai

Comment

WOW!!!!

Cheers

Audio5000
                                Blimey, I would be expecting two for that price!

Comment

Working...
                                X