General AML S802 Device release discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
    Eric!!!!!!!! Get D33 a box as he will be one of the main guy finding and presenting solutions to issues as they come up for this product.... well worth the shipping costs.... he should have had the beta as well....

Glad to see that Minix going with amilogic too. Hopefully rockchip gets a kick in balls for the stunt they pulled with the 3188T chip i for one i am looking forward to this platform if not for anything my fricking shipping costs on returns for crap product.
    - It seems it is not yet certain that Minix will go with Amlogic. They will make an announcement about it in April. They acknowledge there is a lot of confusion about the various s802 chipset variants. Here is a Facebook posting exchange I found:

Comment

Originally posted by Regulus99 View Post
      - It seems it is not yet certain that Minix will go with Amlogic. They will make an announcement about it in April. They acknowledge there is a lot of confusion about the various s802 chipset variants. Here is a Facebook posting exchange I found:
      https://www.facebook.com/minixtech/p...tal_comments=3

i like minix comments that not having digital is dumb so they wont even look at if it doesnt have it.

Once its released as i know a few will as always push to get out to say (here it is!!!) with nothing working again lol...
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Yesterday I got confirmation from AMLogic directly that there will be different versions of the S802.

AmLogic:
        "For your information, our S802 chipset has been MP for a while and some new products powered by this SoC have just been announced in CCBN, the STB electronic even in China.
        And for your concern regarding audio passthrough, we are Dolby and DTS licensee, so we have no problem supporting Dolby and DTS in our solution."

Me;
        "How about different S802 versions, will it be a D and a DD version? If so, will only some of them be able to use DB and DTS passthrough?"

AmLogic:
        "We do have specific part number name for Dolby/DTS enabled chipset.

As you may be aware of that there is some HW change for Dolby/DTS enable other than SW."

"..we do have specific part number for Dolby/DTS enabled chipset."

Me;
        "Ok, would you be kind to share the name of the different versions?"

AmLogic;
        "According to Company policy, I couldn't share such information without NDA in place."
        Beelink R89
        Pioneer SC-2022
        Samsung 55" LED 2012

Previous:
        Minix X8-H
        Minix X5
        Logitech Revue

Comment

Originally posted by sweup View Post
          Yesterday I got confirmation from AMLogic directly that there will be different versions of the S802.

AmLogic:
          "For your information, our S802 chipset has been MP for a while and some new products powered by this SoC have just been announced in CCBN, the STB electronic even in China.
          And for your concern regarding audio passthrough, we are Dolby and DTS licensee, so we have no problem supporting Dolby and DTS in our solution."

Me;
          "How about different S802 versions, will it be a D and a DD version? If so, will only some of them be able to use DB and DTS passthrough?"

AmLogic:
          "We do have specific part number name for Dolby/DTS enabled chipset.

As you may be aware of that there is some HW change for Dolby/DTS enable other than SW."

"..we do have specific part number for Dolby/DTS enabled chipset."

Me;
          "Ok, would you be kind to share the name of the different versions?"

AmLogic;
          "According to Company policy, I couldn't share such information without NDA in place."
          model names are not secret, why NDA is required?

Comment

Originally posted by kenofstephen View Post
            model names are not secret, why NDA is required?

in otherwords they don't know lol

but I am willing to bet that 109 bucks will land you an NDA in a month when the product is released LOL

Comment

Well I hope Minix does go with AML. They have indicated to me they are but I also understand things can change.

Trust that D33 and I will both get AML boxes as they come out even if I have to buy them myself!

As far as RockChip goes, remember they are coming out with their octa cores soon. But they better fix the crap kernels and Android OS they keep making! Remember we don't have 100% sources for RK devices so we cant fix everything and for sure RK doesn't seem to want to fix things either. The screen flicker has been going on for 5 months now and I don't think RK even cares!
              I am hoping we don't have the same cycle of crap like every other RK release in the last 3 years. That is first ROMs are junk and only get "somewhat" fixed over time and by the time they get close, RK releases another new chipset.
              If RK would just release full sources, this stuff would get fixed.

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                Well I hope Minix does go with AML. They have indicated to me they are but I also understand things can change.

Trust that D33 and I will both get AML boxes as they come out even if I have to buy them myself!

As far as RockChip goes, remember they are coming out with their octa cores soon. But they better fix the crap kernels and Android OS they keep making! Remember we don't have 100% sources for RK devices so we cant fix everything and for sure RK doesn't seem to want to fix things either. The screen flicker has been going on for 5 months now and I don't think RK even cares!
                I am hoping we don't have the same cycle of crap like every other RK release in the last 3 years. That is first ROMs are junk and only get "somewhat" fixed over time and by the time they get close, RK releases another new chipset.
                If RK would just release full sources, this stuff would get fixed.

Bob
                I concur with your assessment about rockchip. After sampling allwinner and amlogic, I will NEVER purchase another device with a rockchip CPU. Their specs look great on paper, but in the real world, they are awefull compared to the other devices.
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                  I concur with your assessment about rockchip. After sampling allwinner and amlogic, I will NEVER purchase another device with a rockchip CPU. Their specs look great on paper, but in the real world, they are awefull compared to the other devices.

100% agreement with the both of you!

That is why my next device, even if it is less powerful, will be non RK based.

Comment

If someone doesn't send a box to bob and d33 then bad karma will follow Hmmmmmm.
                    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

This video features:1. Geniatech ATV180 shows 2Ghz AmLogic M802 based ATV180 Series HDMI Stick with 4K2K support, OTT STB / UHD Support, 600MHz Mali 450MP8 O...

Skip to 4.00.

I really like the HDMI loopthrough.

Comment

Originally posted by reddragon72 View Post
                        100% agreement with the both of you!

That is why my next device, even if it is less powerful, will be non RK based.
                        There is no way the amlogic /mali 450 beasts will be less powerfull then crappy RK boxes mate.

Amlogic + Linux + xbmc = perfection!!!

Comment

mk908 + xbmc = best media experience

i tried many devices cs868 (allwinner a31) droidstick (aml8726-mx) stv9803 (tcc8920st) and xbmc was a nightmare but i never had any problems with mk908 its perfect with libstagefright

Comment

Originally posted by ademturk View Post
                            i tried many devices cs868 (allwinner a31) droidstick (aml8726-mx) stv9803 (tcc8920st) and xbmc was a nightmare but i never had any problems with mk908 its perfect with libstagefright
                            You have not tried a AML M6 with Mali and XBMC yet. Works perfect but I am no XBMC expert.

It's becoming my "GO TO" TV box lately.

Bob
                            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

AML M6

You have not tried a AML M6 with Mali and XBMC yet. Works perfect but I am no XBMC expert.

Bob

do you have a device in mind that uses aml m6 thats good with xbmc bob i guess there would be more then one device thanks

also here are some videos i made a while back running xbmc with the mk908 with xunitytalk add-on

Comment

mk810

Bob

Hey bob and freaktab just wondering if this is also m6 or not.

i bought it a while ago anf its a pain to flash firmware on it.

I really hate amlogic because of the way they name their cpu's it is really confusing there is like 30 different types of aml8926 some single core some double core some clocked at 800mhz some 1.6ghz i also have a box called the neoniq smart tv box i also made a video about it a while ago because i did not know what it was at the time

also what do u think of Tronsmart Prometheus

i might but if you guys think its good for xbmc its prity cheap considering it has ethernet
                                Last edited by ademturk; 03-23-2014, 14:31.

Comment

Working...
                                X