General AML S802 Device release discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sush40 View Post
    Awesome thank you. Just noticed the 16GB Tronsmart on geekbuying has now a remote as well.
    Very tempted to buy one, but might wait for the next batch. I've seen the tests, apart from the noise on the optical Output, what's wrong with the first batch, if there's no overheat problem?
    I did not have any overheat problem. Beelink is the own brand of the board designer, I don't know how much attention they will put on their brand, but all the firmware updates (of all the brands) will depends 100% on them. (ok, 99%, maybe Measy surprise us and take care for first time of a firmware )
    Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

By the way, which version of the Beelink did you test? 8GB or 16GB?

Comment

Originally posted by sush40 View Post
        By the way, which version of the Beelink did you test? 8GB or 16GB?
        16GB

Comment

Both the Beelink and Tronsmart use the same hardware and firmware. If Geekbuying says that Beelink have a passthrough problem then Tronsmart must have it too. I saw a video on youtube were everything shows up like there are DD & DTS passthroough but when measured from outside the box it is not true.

I find the offerings from anyone selling these boxes very unethical as to they don't let prospects know which chip their boxes are based on. This is like the RK3188 & RK3188T situation.

Buyers should make sure they know specifically which S802 chip they are getting because even with software tricks and tunes, the consensus says that only DD or H chips can do real Dolby Digital and DTS passthrough over HDMI.

Comment

Ynt: EM8 Amlogic S802 quad core 2Ghz + Octa core Mali 450: FIRST PRICE INFO!

This SOC has decent power especially on GPU side i checked reviews of m802 onda v975 it performs very well on 2k screen i impressed with 3D performance on 2k. I think this octa core gpu performs better or on par with Adreno 330 of Snapdragon 801AB and 801AC SOCs. Is there any technical difference between M802 and S802 SOCs.

GT-N7000...

Comment

So have Geekbuying really got these in stock? My orders been processing for a while now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by soshowme View Post
                Both the Beelink and Tronsmart use the same hardware and firmware. If Geekbuying says that Beelink have a passthrough problem then Tronsmart must have it too. I saw a video on youtube were everything shows up like there are DD & DTS passthroough but when measured from outside the box it is not true.

I find the offerings from anyone selling these boxes very unethical as to they don't let prospects know which chip their boxes are based on. This is like the RK3188 & RK3188T situation.

Buyers should make sure they know specifically which S802 chip they are getting because even with software tricks and tunes, the consensus says that only DD or H chips can do real Dolby Digital and DTS passthrough over HDMI.
                I'm testing exactly what all of you ask and back with results. If it works well, I'll say "ok", if does not pass the test I'll say "fail". Tronsmart said they found that problem with the SPDIF, we did not find here on the Beelink. We will do more tests and if can find the configuration and same problem I'll say.

The problem of RK3188 and RK3188T and other similars come from manufacturers, they change the specifications without say anything and the shops can not desassembly every box, even the silks every time, check the components and assembly again.

Sometimes the manufacturer change some components, later back to the originals... a known case is the MK808, There are lots of versions ORIGINALS with different components and even different boards. I have had at least 5 versions of MK808 from same manufacturer (really, I know the original design house, assembly line company and everything, all of them are originals, maybe I just saw 1 copy until now).

Comment

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
                  So have Geekbuying really got these in stock? My orders been processing for a while now.

Probably yes, but as I said we are in a holiday in China. Some companies worked today, anothers ones tomorrow... (It seems I work every day from monday to monday )

HAPPY ALL SAINTS DAY! (China version)

Comment

Re: EM8 Amlogic S802 quad core 2Ghz + Octa core Mali 450: FIRST PRICE INFO!

Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
                    Probably yes, but as I said we are in a holiday in China. Some companies worked today, anothers ones tomorrow... (It seems I work every day from monday to monday )

HAPPY ALL SAINTS DAY! (China version)
                    He he he, you work just like the rest of us in the world, all the time!

Comment

I spotted 2 devices on Beelinks homesite with s802,M8 and S82.Whats the difference of thoose 2,seems identical in specs?

Comment

Originally posted by Lars42 View Post
                        I spotted 2 devices on Beelinks homesite with s802,M8 and S82.Whats the difference of thoose 2,seems identical in specs?
                        As I know, M8 is for Beelink's brand, S82 is same but without Beelink logo (neutral). This is the real manufacturer, so they always make a neutral version.

Comment

Re: EM8 Amlogic S802 quad core 2Ghz + Octa core Mali 450: FIRST PRICE INFO!

As I know, M8 is for Beelink's brand, S82 is same but without Beelink logo (neutral). This is the real manufacturer, so they always make a neutral version.
                          Do you have a neutral version? Where can I buy from you? Link?

Signature? Signature!

Comment

Originally posted by JugsteR View Post
                            Do you have a neutral version? Where can I buy from you? Link?

Signature? Signature!
                            PM sent

Comment

PM sent
                              what site do you own/ship from?

I usually only go with geekbuying.

Comment

How well, will the octa core perform the reicast emulator, can somebody try it ?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X