Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    BTW:
    Because I'm waiting for my -H, I'm not the crack at XBMC and at rk3188 I can use kernel which supports NFS (mounting by initd script), if your nas also use NFS, how to you handle it at XBMC (maybe without cashing, maybe as a mount)?
    As you i have a Nas (syno for me), and nfs is a vital (lol) feature... So for my x5 or x7 devises, i mount nfs folder with busybox command because kernel permit that. In fact, i m not a xbmc fan, i use Mizuu app with mx player... More user friendly IMO... BUT no nfs mounting with s802 device for now, so you can use XBMC last Gotham to mount NFS folder NAS (only for xbmc) very easily, and it s muchhhhh faster than poor smb protocol. You can find this native xbmc function in mapping videos folder, with smb, upnp, ...

For now, xbmc permit dts / 5.1 passthrough AND nfs protocol... Perfect combo, but i miss Mizuu with nfs folder mounted.

In truth, my vegas s89 is still in test... Not in production

Comment

At the rk3188 I only use the XBMC as media-player, not more and not less... XBMC instead of the MX because of the audio normalisation (Volume Amplification (Dynamic Range Compression))

and that's what I'm missing at MX...
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by roolmapool View Post
        So for my x5 or x7 devises, i mount nfs folder with busybox command because kernel permit that.
        If the nfs-support is build into the kernel, you can use this initd-script
        Code:
        #!/system/bin/sh
        # *************
        # * NFS mount *
        # *************
        # copy to /system/etc/init.d
        # change permisions to "755" "rwx r-x r-x"
        # reboot
        # -------------------
        # using this -> cmd-install-NFS.cmd <-
        # adb remount -oremount,rw /
        # adb push 05nfs /system/etc/init.d
        # adb shell chmod 0755 /system/etc/init.d/05nfs
        # adb remount -oremount,ro /
        # adb shell ls -al /system/etc/init.d/
        # adb reboot
        # pause
        # -------------------
        while [ ""`getprop dev.bootcomplete` != "1" ] ; do sleep 1; done
        mount -o rw,remount /
        mkdir /mnt/XPFilme
        mount -o ro,remount /
        sleep 2
        busybox mount -t nfs 192.168.2.1:/XPFilme /mnt/XPFilme -o ro,intr,soft,udp,nolock,rsize=8192,wsize=8192
        # done
        but you have to change the mount-name and IP to yours, and if not build into the kernel you have also to load the ko inside the script...
        Attached Files
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

No_spam did a great job of explaining what I explained before.

Decoding and pass through are two separate items.

Pass through must be supported by the hardware as a "transport" mechanism only.

Software decoding within an application must be supported by the app and the app must have it's own software codec and know how to call it. MX player had to drop DTS support due to a licensing agreement but you can find a work around all over the place.

Hardware decoding is where the actual firmware within the SOC has a "standards" based codec. This does not mean every application can use it. The application must know how to call the codec to do the decoding. in this case MX player knows how to do that, but it is still lacking the ability to call the pass through.

So the reason we are only seeing XBMC performing passthrough today is because it is the only app that people have tested that can do the software decode and pass that through to the hardware.

remember that we are in an area of Android that has been in a state of hold for a long time. No media player creator is putting time and effort into multi-channel decoding and pass through handling because there is simply not a stable market for it. XBMC is all about that and it primarily designed with all that in mind as it is not meant for phones with one maybe two speakers.

And to reference the difference between software and hardware decoding SW decoding can use several sources for codecs but all of them must adhere to the standard or run the risk of not decoding properly. HW decoding guarantee's that if you encode it with the standard that it will play flawlessly. Remember that a secondary codec MUST following the guidelines or run the risk of loosing end users and possibly being sued by the codec owner.

remember you decode then pass through. Decoding must be supported in the either hardware or ROM/APP. And pass through must be supported VIA the hardware, ROM and APP.

Comment

If the nfs-support is build into the kernel, you can use this initd-script
            Code:
            #!/system/bin/sh
            # *************
            # * NFS mount *
            # *************
            # copy to /system/etc/init.d
            # change permisions to "755" "rwx r-x r-x"
            # reboot
            # -------------------
            # using this -> cmd-install-NFS.cmd <-
            # adb remount -oremount,rw /
            # adb push 05nfs /system/etc/init.d
            # adb shell chmod 0755 /system/etc/init.d/05nfs
            # adb remount -oremount,ro /
            # adb shell ls -al /system/etc/init.d/
            # adb reboot
            # pause
            # -------------------
            while [ ""`getprop dev.bootcomplete` != "1" ] ; do sleep 1; done
            mount -o rw,remount /
            mkdir /mnt/XPFilme
            mount -o ro,remount /
            sleep 2
            busybox mount -t nfs 192.168.2.1:/XPFilme /mnt/XPFilme -o ro,intr,soft,udp,nolock,rsize=8192,wsize=8192
            # done
            but you have to change the mount-name and IP to yours, and if not build into the kernel you have also to load the ko inside the script...
            Thanks, but stock kernel doesn't support nfs... i have already get a try, and i had an error ... no such device. No more chance to load a ko module, i forgot error message returned.

I think i have to wait for a custom kernel

Comment

@reddragon ... Thx for precisions.
              I wish Mx player devs fix passthrough after software decoding

Comment

Originally posted by roolmapool View Post
                Thanks, but stock kernel doesn't support nfs... i have already get a try, and i had an error ... no such device. No more chance to load a ko module, i forgot error message returned.

I think i have to wait for a custom kernel
                Only for minix (I think you use e.g. wasser kernel)
                not for aml at the moment
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Originally posted by reddragon72 View Post
                  Pass through must be supported by the hardware as a "transport" mechanism only.
                  :
                  So the reason we are only seeing XBMC performing passthrough today is because it is the only app that people have tested that can do the software decode and pass that through to the hardware.
                  :
                  remember you decode then pass through. Decoding must be supported in the either hardware or ROM/APP. And pass through must be supported VIA the hardware, ROM and APP.
                  Generally good explanation, but I'm a little bit confused by this last two point...
                  Because at pass-through the receiver have to do the decoding and the software only have to know to do pass-through (and maybe how to do)...
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Only for minix (I think you use e.g. wasser kernel)
                    not for aml at the moment
                    Indeed! I wish use nfs with Wasser ROM... Busybox mount nfs command is OK but there is a kind of empty folder bug with it... So Quickshot 2 do the job for now.

Comment

Ordered Tronsmart Vega S89-H go with my synology ds214play. I pretend to use xbmc with it, can anyone tell me how to connect xbmc to the nas?
                      Many thanks.

Comment

---
                        Last edited by MINIX; 05-23-2014, 15:30. Reason: removed.

Comment

H version is just licencing and any manufacture that has license can sell them with the feature on
                          Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

is it safe to flash m8 with this firmware?

I have bought m8 s802 from geekbuying:

China-1 Stock | Buy M8 Amlogic S802 Quad Core Cortex-A9 2.0Ghz Android 4.4 TV BOX 4K HDMI HDD Player Octa Core GPU 2.4G/5G WIFI XBMC Bluetooth - Black online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

I had problems with subtitles in xbmc so i installed latest xbmc and now i have subtitles but video working only under software acceleration. Hardware acceleration was working on stock xbmc now it does not working, only blank screen during playback.

I found new firmware for m8 boxes on this page:

my question is have any of you tried this firmware and does it work? If it is working does xbmc have problems mentioned above?

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
                              H version is just licencing and any manufacture that has license can sell them with the feature on
                              +1.

Comment

Minix X8 and X8-H pricing is out http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...icing-revealed
                                ~Gopichand Pai

Comment

Working...
                                X