Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
    I have bought m8 s802 from geekbuying:

China-1 Stock | Buy M8 Amlogic S802 Quad Core Cortex-A9 2.0Ghz Android 4.4 TV BOX 4K HDMI HDD Player Octa Core GPU 2.4G/5G WIFI XBMC Bluetooth - Black online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

I had problems with subtitles in xbmc so i installed latest xbmc and now i have subtitles but video working only under software acceleration. Hardware acceleration was working on stock xbmc now it does not working, only blank screen during playback.

I found new firmware for m8 boxes on this page:

my question is have any of you tried this firmware and does it work? If it is working does xbmc have problems mentioned above?

I heard using hw accelleration but ONLY with libstagefright ON should do the trick....
    that is, on gotham 13.1 and stock fw

can you please confirm?

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
      there should be world wide sanction like paypal where if the seller post false credentials of the unit they would be stripped of the money. China would be great raw model of they had customer service as in sending right items and goods also if they were fault doa etc this what is killing them customer service and trying to retain and gain more clients Chinese my self but they are hard people to deal with especially if they are going to loose money
      I only wish! Unfortunately there are misrepresentations even on Amazon! I bought my first M8 on Amazon from a dealer who misrepresented the product when it was first coming out by calling it a different name!!! They got away with it at first by including a dongle made by the real company. Amazon finally slapped them on the knuckles several times before they got religion. I don't have that box any longer, the dealer was forced to eat it not too long ago!

I have XBMC up and running now like I have never seen it before. No spooling, skipping, dropping out, tearing. Just plain old ordinary 1080p, 720, and yes SD for those shows that have yet to discover the wonderful world of HD, or (GASP!) those illegal channels. No bios issues such as updates every few weeks or days, just after you got everything the way you want it. Unfortunately if it comes from China, it probably has a problem, will have a problem, (after playing with 5 one hundred dollar boxes, I know) or else it came from one of the, (for lack of a better term), colonies such as Macau. My new shiny black and silver toy even has a hard drive in it, one heck of a CPU (overkill) and a pretty good GPU that just "does it"! 4 Meg of dual RAM, 260 Gb, SSD, built in Bluetooth with a real Bluetooth antenna! Gigabit Lan conection, Wifi with its own antenna, 4 USB slots, Multi SD slot. Yeah its exciting to have. Most important, for those of us who just don't want our wives complaining about our noses stuck inside of funny looking boxes and yet another excuse to play with the TV image, its really a delight.

The brand? I'm afraid if its not made on mainland China, it's illegal on this website!!

Comment

Originally posted by Foodog View Post
        I only wish! Unfortunately there are misrepresentations even on Amazon! I bought my first M8 on Amazon from a dealer who misrepresented the product when it was first coming out by calling it a different name!!! They got away with it at first by including a dongle made by the real company. Amazon finally slapped them on the knuckles several times before they got religion. I don't have that box any longer, the dealer was forced to eat it not too long ago!

I have XBMC up and running now like I have never seen it before. No spooling, skipping, dropping out, tearing. Just plain old ordinary 1080p, 720, and yes SD for those shows that have yet to discover the wonderful world of HD, or (GASP!) those illegal channels. No bios issues such as updates every few weeks or days, just after you got everything the way you want it. Unfortunately if it comes from China, it probably has a problem, will have a problem, (after playing with 5 one hundred dollar boxes, I know) or else it came from one of the, (for lack of a better term), colonies such as Macau. My new shiny black and silver toy even has a hard drive in it, one heck of a CPU (overkill) and a pretty good GPU that just "does it"! 4 Meg of dual RAM, 260 Gb, SSD, built in Bluetooth with a real Bluetooth antenna! Gigabit Lan conection, Wifi with its own antenna, 4 USB slots, Multi SD slot. Yeah its exciting to have. Most important, for those of us who just don't want our wives complaining about our noses stuck inside of funny looking boxes and yet another excuse to play with the TV image, its really a delight.

The brand? I'm afraid if its not made on mainland China, it's illegal on this website!!
        But how many $$$$$ total, including the OS?
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
          But how many $$$$$ total, including the OS?
          Fair question, Just a tad over 300.00, OpenELEC, the SSD and the memory I already had. Could have gone for a lesser box low 2's but, got pissed off at all the hours spending on junk goods with poor firmware, bypassed the tack hammer and bought the larger one. Way I look at it, that is just about 3 months of Direct TV. I get to go to bed at night with my beautiful wife of 15 years. ( That alone is priceless ), and with the FTV Guide programmed, she can use it without being reduced to tears because the box froze or some other stupid thing that occurred. In my other life, besides my engineering duties, I was responsible for the companies certification labs for desktops, laptops and small servers. When we released a product to sales, that product worked. The manuals were in real English printed on high quality paper. They all had a proven Bios base that had already seen its baptism of fire over time so we were not reinventing the wheel like these Chinese boxes with their spaghetti code ship with. And oh yes, my Macu based box has REAL technical support, with live people who speak very good English, or something like 11 other languages.

Now if you will scuze me, the pretty little thing laying next to me just tapped me on the shoulder!!!

Comment

... one heck of a CPU (overkill) and a pretty good GPU ...
            Which one?
            Link?
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
              Which one?
              Link?

Woke up this morning to find my wife and our next door neighbor having coffee, flipping around the channels on FTV guide as if they were old pro's. Now that is priceless. Maybe overkill but it works 100% of the time (PERIOD) Looks like the good people on Macau have something mainland China does not have. They "Know" what they are doing.

Comment

Why do you think this?

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=MB-ZID91-U

Woke up this morning to find my wife and our next door neighbor having coffee, flipping around the channels on FTV guide as if they were old pro's. Now that is priceless. Maybe overkill but it works 100% of the time (PERIOD) Looks like the good people on Macau have something mainland China does not have. They "Know" what they are doing.

For close 500 bones it better work and make breakfast too!!!!!!
                  Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                    For close 500 bones it better work and make breakfast too!!!!!!

Honestly don't know how you streach 300.00 actually 312.00 to 500.00...... rhetorical answer, save your energy, you are going to need it working on shitzen plastic. I have time now to cook breakfast, lunch supper, play with the family, take dogs for walks, have sex with my wife, have dinner out with friends, Its called a life which I now have.....

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                      Why do you think this?

Bob

It was a joke Finless.... that's all, just a joke, nothing sinister..... BTW, since you aare the administrator of this farce, can you please delete my account? I have no use for it any longer

Comment

Re: General AML S802 Device release discussions

It was a joke Finless.... that's all, just a joke, nothing sinister..... BTW, since you aare the administrator of this farce, can you please delete my account? I have no use for it any longer
                        What a muppet.

Comment

Originally posted by noosk View Post
                          What a muppet.
                          This is the best laugh I have had in a long time.
                          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Re: General AML S802 Device release discussions

looking at your answers seems that you are angry with us, and I can't find why, let me tell you my story with android TV devices.
                            I had an HTPC in my main TV, mainly to download torrents, and use like a media center, first time I heard about Android sticks I found they funny, very cheap, and low power consumers, so I decide to try a mk808b, with it at stock, it was a pain in the ass, it works but with a lot of bugs, then I found this site, I tested my first custom by Bob, and the device improved a lot in stability and usage experience. It replaced my HTPC functions. Actually the rk3188 and S802 devices are a way better, I can use them to download, use xbmc, and my daughter can play Android games on it, low power consumption, and a lot of fun playing and learning about this devices, here you will not find anyone to say that this Android devices are powerful that an x86 PC, but they are cheaper, lower energy consumption, and for most of users are happy with them. They are not enough for you, that's OK, no all users need a HTPC. Some users are happy with their Android gadgets .

sent by my phone.
                            enviado desde mi teléfono.

leolas
                            REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                            My devices:
                            Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                            MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                            Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                            Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                            Gearbest.com)
                            MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                            Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                            Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Farce? Muppet. oh my, Oh well delete the account its what he wants. Sigh really going to miss you. ok i am over it now moving on

If i wanted a 500 dollar box id just buy a 300 lap top

ok look away everyone loooooooook away!!!!!! As he walks into the pc horizon.
                              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                                looking at your answers seems that you are angry with us, and I can't find why, let me tell you my story with android TV devices.
                                I had an HTPC in my main TV, mainly to download torrents, and use like a media center, first time I heard about Android sticks I found they funny, very cheap, and low power consumers, so I decide to try a mk808b, with it at stock, it was a pain in the ass, it works but with a lot of bugs, then I found this site, I tested my first custom by Bob, and the device improved a lot in stability and usage experience. It replaced my HTPC functions. Actually the rk3188 and S802 devices are a way better, I can use them to download, use xbmc, and my daughter can play Android games on it, low power consumption, and a lot of fun playing and learning about this devices, here you will not find anyone to say that this Android devices are powerful that an x86 PC, but they are cheaper, lower energy consumption, and for most of users are happy with them. They are not enough for you, that's OK, no all users need a HTPC. Some users are happy with their Android gadgets .

sent by my phone.
                                enviado desde mi teléfono.

leolas
                                Well Said
                                thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X