Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finless
    replied
    In "general" most electronic chips these days are rated for about 165F and above that is considered too hot. So if you can measure the chip itself and if it is getting above 150F I would do something about it.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Lokie
    replied
    Originally posted by nutzu View Post
    because they use tape to stick the heatsink is getting very hot if u use the box more than 4 hours my advice like Bob say on other post open it and use termopaste.
    Yes I can't fault your logic - agreed... But only if the unit gets too hot and how do you quantify that? When is too hot - really too hot? Also this will be different for every CPU. Some will still work well when "too hot" others will fail. I think we will see problems occur for some users when we crank the CPU frequency up to 2Ghz and they have very high ambient temperatures - say 30degC - 40Degc. Its a difficult thing to pin point. Another (less invasive solution for non-techies) would be to under clock the CPU a bit?

I did have some crashes with earlier FW versions which I though might be temperature related but after keeping some tabs on when it happens it turned out that it was only when using XBMC. I did not see these crashes with XBMC RC1 or Gotham final though so I guess it was resolved.

Leave a comment:

• nutzu
    replied
    Originally posted by Lokie View Post
    Should be fine... The unit runs very cool & has good thermal design (for chinese product).
    Worse case you will need to drill some breather holes but I suspect this will not be necessary.
    see http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...x-%28square%29
    (The beelink m8 is exactly same as tronsmart vega s89)
    because they use tape to stick the heatsink is getting very hot if u use the box more than 4 hours my advice like Bob say on other post open it and use termopaste.

Leave a comment:

• Lokie
    replied
    Originally posted by eduardosmelo View Post
    I'm very concerned about temperature freezing because here in Brazil it is 95ºF, usually. My unit hasn't arrived yet.
    Should be fine... The unit runs very cool & has good thermal design (for chinese product).
    Worse case you will need to drill some breather holes but I suspect this will not be necessary.
    see http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...x-%28square%29
    (The beelink m8 is exactly same as tronsmart vega s89)

Leave a comment:

• eduardosmelo
    replied
    I'm very concerned about temperature freezing because here in Brazil it is 95ºF, usually. My unit hasn't arrived yet.

Leave a comment:

• saor11
    replied
    Please ad reboot app to your new ROM comes in handy thanks

Sent from my NX403A using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• joemamasan
    replied
    thanks for your hard work!

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    Yes there will be.

Bob
    wooty

Leave a comment:

• Brinis
    replied
    Originally posted by rad View Post
    There's a sticky for just the rooting, have you tried that?
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...oot-ZIP-update

I love you.well I did. But thank you. Kind of feel blind I been looking at that but don't know why I did not use. We'll all is fine now. And I learned some things

Leave a comment:

• rad
    replied
    Originally posted by Brinis View Post
    For some reason I can't root it. It doing the same again after I try to root it.
    There's a sticky for just the rooting, have you tried that?

Leave a comment:

• Brinis
    replied
    For some reason I can't root it. It doing the same again after I try to root it.

Leave a comment:

• Brinis
    replied
    I did that I did not work I'm just trying to do it with the standard rom and right now it's rebooting and the mbox just came up now I'll just have to se if the rest will come also.
    and now there is a welcome
    but I still need to root it so I can use xbmc on it
    So will have to try one more time with the finless now

Leave a comment:

• rad
    replied
    I got it to where it says
    reboot system now
    apply update from adb
    apply update from ext
    apply update from cache
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition

and I don't know what to do
    You are not bricked, don't worry, you need to highlight apply update from ext then usb then the finless rom zip file, then let it run until it goes back to the reboot screen, then reboot.

I've never installed just using the remote, I use a usb mouse, I don't know if you can do it without a mouse plugged in.

Remember though only flash a rom that is for your device or you'll end up like me :-)

Leave a comment:

• Brinis
    replied
    I got it to where it says
    reboot system now
    apply update from adb
    apply update from ext
    apply update from cache
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition

and I don't know what to do

Leave a comment:

• Brinis
    replied
    Yes I did it the same way i did it with the first one. And it's still doing the same thing. But thx I'll look at the like you gave me

Leave a comment:

• Lokie
    replied
    Think something went wrong at me. My box is just showing the robot where it says a finless bob rom it's been like that for 20 min now. Is there something I can do about that ?

It should not take that long. Seems like you're in a boot loop.
    I just followed this nail biting thread here : http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-ve-bricked-it

Are you sure you flashed the correct rom - Vega standard vs vega elite?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X