CS918s Android TV Box - "No Signal or Out of Range"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know there is another post with the same title, but my situation is different. I really hope I can get some help. Just bought a CS918s Android TV Box and connected it to my Samsung HDTV 1080i(DVI) using a DVI/HDMI adapter (my TV doesn't have an actual HDMI port). But once I powered up the CS918s TV Box my TV displayed, "No Signal or Out of Range". I took it to work just to check how it would work on a newer HDTV we have there and it worked fine. So, I chalked it up to having an older HDTV. I then tried connecting the CS918s to my TV at home using A/V cables (RCA). It did work, but the picture was really distorted (no color, snow-like) and rolling like something was wrong with the vertical hold. I could understand why it may not display on an older HDTV using DVI/HDMI adapter, but I don't understand why the A/V connection didn't work properly. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome to freaktab

About hdmi:
    Try disabling hdcp
    -settings/developer/hdcp checking

About av-out:
    Try changing Display Output Mode to Pal or NTSC (default = hdmi 720p 60hz)
    -settings/display

I read.. that you have seen the other thread
    - using androidscreencast to change the settings -could be usefull in this case

Anyway goodluck

Comment

Just want to thank you for responding. I tired changing the PAL setting to NTSC, using the HDTV at work. It wouldn't change. I connected the A/V cables to the HDTV at work and went into Display settings, PAL was already selected, so I tried changing to NTSC. The screen went blue and returned to main menu. I went back into the Display setting, but it was still indicating PAL and not NTSC. I tried several times. Is there maybe some firmware update that could correct this? Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X