Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PMID701i 10 Polaroid rom with Onda ROM recovery mode

Hello,

I Have a some what long story with some questions and some news about PMID701i
    I bought the Polaroid PMD701i at Big Lots and my buddy also bought one,
    Both in sealed boxes.
    His is a PMID701i 10 mine is a PMID701i X10 I went through the forum on Freaktab on how
    to gain root access with SuperOneClick and install Market/Play and Gmail.
    I done this to both Tabs.
    I'm happy with the unit.
    My buddy decides its too slow for him so I bought his, this is where the story slash questions start
    Run a recovery on his unit and reset it with software this ends up being the one I use the most it seem faster than the PMID701i X10 I got.

Decided to try Ubuntu/ICS dual boot on PMID701i booting off of ext 16gb micro SD card loaded with an android rom on sd.

All-winner U boot should boot from an ext micro SD card or so I'm reading /trying.

Now starts the questions and problems with the Polaroid

1. Power down the unit put in micro SD card loaded with an android rom
    2. Hold down the menu button while Holding down the power button.

Wait for unit to boot,no rom boot but unit goes into Onda ROM recovery mode?

So I reboot and try to look at my ext 16gb micro SD card loaded with an android rom to see what i might have done to have this happen PMID701i 10 says it cant read the sd card?
    Ok so back to windows,card is good so i give up and format card will try again later.
    so back to the PMID701i 10 Proceed to format the sd in the unit,this is when I see the internal data storage menu under settings reads 0.00B
    available and the home button did not work.

Still not sure what went wrong to cause this,But happy to find Onda ROM recovery mode

Looked on forum and Google the only fix seems to be re-flash unit but I try
    to reset through the tablet no good,tried to reset the tablet with the RESET button on the back of the tablet, and let the tablet reboot. no good
    I try to reset through the tablet with Onda ROM recovery mode.no good
    I flash the stock rom using live suite,was able to erase the unit and recover.
    This fixed It.

unit boots,and still is able to go into Onda ROM recovery mode?

So can anyone else with the PMID701i 10 try this,give it some time to boot 30 seconds or so

1. Power down the unit from home screen power widget "shut down"
    2. Hold down the menu button while Holding down the power button
    and see if you get Onda ROM recovery mode.

Sorry for long post but trying to give back story of how i found this

Thanks,
    Blissfully Dead

PMID701i 10
    Has the ability to go into recovery mode using the tablet buttons.

PMID701i X10
    Has no ability to go into recovery mode using the tablet buttons.
Working...
X