Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bluesmanuk
    replied
    Another new kid on the block from October, with a twist.

You boot Android or Linux from an SD card by default.

Supposedly from the same people that launched the Popcorn Hour box a few years ago.

Leave a comment:

• rceccleston
    replied
    Re: The latest news about RK3288

Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
    Protect the IC adequately from over-voltage stresses caused by ESD (electrostatic discharge) or CDE (cable discharge events).

We have been talking about this here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...x-%28square%29

And here the most "curious":

"I was looking the board, touching the components with the fingers (without anti-static globes or similar) and after connect the board DID NOT WORK ANYMORE! (and even we know the board can be powered). It's curious, I was explaining what is the ESD and asking why just can find "the empty place" without anything there....

Examples:

More cost cutting, just like the RK3188T, never mind the last minute design changes on the RK3288 due to the DTS certification.

What do you think to Rockchip misrepresenting / advertising the RK3288 as an A17, since its actually an A12, because it doesn't feature bigLITTLE.

Considering Allwinner have recently released their A80, with ARMs bigLITTLE architecture, Rockchip are playing dirty marketing trick since their already a generation behind.

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    ...And later someone will copy me again

Leave a comment:

• Javimetal
    replied
    Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    OT
    @Javimetal: I like your style, specially your picture-in-picture guy
    If I can follow my "road-map" you probably will see my style frecuently...

And later someone will copy me again

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    OT
    @Javimetal: I like your style, specially your picture-in-picture guy

Leave a comment:

• Javimetal
    replied
    Originally posted by marcuspresident View Post
    And ESD protection is @javimetal?
    Protect the IC adequately from over-voltage stresses caused by ESD (electrostatic discharge) or CDE (cable discharge events).

We have been talking about this here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...x-%28square%29

And here the most "curious":

"I was looking the board, touching the components with the fingers (without anti-static globes or similar) and after connect the board DID NOT WORK ANYMORE! (and even we know the board can be powered). It's curious, I was explaining what is the ESD and asking why just can find "the empty place" without anything there....

Examples:

Last edited by Javimetal; 09-06-2014, 17:45.

Leave a comment:

• marcuspresident
    replied
    And ESD protection is @javimetal?

Leave a comment:

• Javimetal
    replied
    Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
    What is new/different about the new board that you are receiving?
    After see the board 5 seconds I said: "Does not have ESD protection for the HDMI, so I don't like"

Now they asked make a list of wrong things for them

I'm beginning to feel tired about everybody here (in china) ask me these things, next time I'll ask money to be their adviser. Anyway finally most of them just think about themselves and make money at the expense of others...
    Last edited by Javimetal; 09-06-2014, 17:18.

Leave a comment:

• bluesmanuk
    replied
    I think even factories does not know where is the problem....

Today another factory is coming to our office with a new RK3288 board. I don't know how many tested until now.
    What is new/different about the new board that you are receiving?

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Originally posted by Haba View Post
    ... with many firmware issues for every new SOC for Android TV box...
    not only NEW soc's ... have a look at rk3188(t) also with e.g still bad fw and e.g fake ram size at kernel (real existing 1GB instead of shown 2GB) and so on...

Leave a comment:

• Haba
    replied

Today another factory is coming to our office with a new RK3288 board. I don't know how many tested until now.
    There sure seems to be a pattern of releasing flawed hardware with many firmware issues for every new SOC for Android TV box. Buyer beware, terrible way to do business IMHO. Should a new customer buy one these they will likely be so upset, they will never buy another.

Leave a comment:

• Javimetal
    replied
    Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
    I would have thought that as long as a box has an HDMI 2.0 port then physically, it is ready to support 4K at 60 fps.

Leave a comment:

• bluesmanuk
    replied
    I would have thought that as long as a box has an HDMI 2.0 port then physically, it is ready to support 4K at 60 fps.

Leave a comment:

• PolloLoco
    replied
    Originally posted by Talas View Post
    H.D.M.I 2.0 60 is not ready yet on RK3288..it doesnt work..but you can see the box WILL be able to do it,ive tested dozens of 4k 30/60 files in mp4/h.265/ few mkv and this player can play them even at an early software stage.The Beelink box is very stable apart from some sound issues but it can play anything i throw at it games,media files,music without virtually any issue,RK3288 has a bright future if RK can update the firmaware quickley but as things are its a very very strong chipset in all regards.
    Are you sure that this box will be able to output 4k60 via software updates? I've read a lot of arguments that hardware updates will be needed.

Just to be clear, I know the processor is powerful enough to do it. I just don't know if the port will ever output good 4k as is.

Leave a comment:

• DarkCyrix
    replied
    Originally posted by PolloLoco View Post
    I think the primary concern for early adopters of Rk3288 devices is whether or not the hdmi port is hdmi 2.0, and whether or not the output is really 4k. Early reports from the RKM devices are that it's up scaling 1080p. If you could test these features, that might set people's minds at ease about the state of the hardware. I know I don't want another device who's hardware is due to be replaced and left behind in firmware updates.
    I confirm, on the RKM, there is no 2106p@60 and when in 2160p@30 Android runs in 1080p upscaled BUT the stock video player is able to run in real 4k.
    So you can watch H264 and H265 videos in 4k30.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X