Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Share files between 2 Minix Neo x7 and a computer

Hi,

I have 2 Minix Neo x7 and would like to share files between both.

Living Room unit have a hard drive connected with all my media and would like to access those files from my bedroom unit.

what is the best app to do so?

Also I have a Sony network connected receiver which I would like to access those files aswell.

The reason is because I would rather keep the Minix neo X7 on all time time rather than my computer to share files.

thanks in advance.

I set this up just a few days ago.

Host device
    First of all I'd go into your minix internet settings and set a static ip address. This avoids having to adjust the address which your other devices use to connect to your minix box.

Mine looks like...

IP address: 192.168.1.9
    gateway: 192.168.1.1
    netmask: 255.255.255.0
    dns1: 192.168.1.1
    dns2: (leave blank)

Then download and install Samba Filesharing for Android on your Minix x7.

Set a username and password from within the settings then enable the sharing. This is now your host minix.

Other devices
    Now on your other device. Install ES File Explorer. Others apps can do the same job, I just prefer this one.

Once in ES Explorer, click on Network>LAN and click on scan. It should bring up your host device displayed as the static IP address you set.

Long press the location and click on 'edit server'. Here you can add the username and password that you set earlier on your host device and if you want you can specify a specific folder location to jump straight to.

So it should look a little something like this: (untick anonymous checkbox)
    Domain: (leave blank)
    Server: 192.168.1.9 (optionally followed by a specific folder such as '/sdcard/Movies')
    Username: (as set on Samba Filesharing app)
    Password: (as set on Samba Filesharing app)
    Display as: (whatever you want to call connection)

Connect to Minix x7 from Windows
    Open any folder and type in the address bar '\\192.168.1.9' (or whatever you device IP address was set to)

And that's it!
    Last edited by FredQ; 08-19-2014, 15:34.

Comment

or just try an app like dropbox

Comment

Originally posted by joostvanmourik View Post
        sorry bad sugestion didn't read right

Comment

Originally posted by joostvanmourik View Post
          Dropbox may be useful for sharing documents, applications, images etc but if you're dealing in TV shows and movies, or anything at all sizeable, Dropbox is definitely not an appropriate solution. You'd have to first upload your 2gb video file to Dropbox before any of your other devices could access it.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

Comment

Thank you FredQ

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey.. where is the internet settings? I can't locate static ip on my box

Comment

Long press whatever network you are connected to and a menu should pop up. Advanced settings.

Comment

Originally posted by vic_singh View Post
                  Living Room unit have a hard drive connected with all my media and would like to access those files from my bedroom unit.

what is the best app to do so?
                  You could also try the BubbleUPnP app. It's free and will effectively turn your minix into a media server.
                  I use it to stream media between my minix's and other network devices.

Just my 2ยข

*Edit - Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bbleupnp&hl=en

Comment

Couldn't it all be shared with XBMC?
                    FLHT = Harley
                    HEMI = 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT
                    Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Working...
                    X