Cube Talk 9x U65GT ROM based on Cube's V 1.8 firmware of 3 September 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bimbo10 View Post
    I have for android devices and noticed that on three of them I can install fifa15 and Microsoft office while on our tablet I cannot. I can live without that two app definitely. But I would like to understand why.
    MS Office Mobile won't install on either of my tablets (one being the Cube). Chances are, though, if you can get the APK from somewhere else it will work perfectly fine. I use TuneIn Radio and after a release update it stopped being available on my Ainol tablet. It's also installed on my phone, so whenever an update comes through I simply backup the app using TiBu Pro, upload it to my cloud storage then download and install on my other device. No worries.

There is a download available through XDA-Developers, but you will have to keep up with updates manually...

FIFA15 is marked as compatible with Ainol, but not with Cube. Given that Cube is much more capable than the Ainol (screen, memory, cpu...) one is left wondering why?

The mysteries of the Google Play...
    Last edited by ac0935p; 09-28-2014, 19:45. Reason: Add XDA-Dev link.

Comment

My question now is: which are the build.prop lines that Google play looks for to show compatible apps?

Comment

MIUI interface

Originally posted by Edius View Post
        MX Player is the best one, at least for me.
        No sound output only when playing videos with DTS audio in HW/HW+ mode with original codec.
        In settings you'll find an option to load codec needed for DTS audio downloaded from http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps...pport-t2156254
        I normally use in HW+ mode(much better for battery) with custom codec loaded.
        BSPlayer is also a very nice player, used in conjunction with MX Player in the past on my PiPo M9Pro..with CUBE will work only in SW Mode(battery will be discharged faster)

Cube updates all firmwares to MIUI on official page http://www.51cube.com/ch/DownList.asp?Page=1 , maybe Talk9X will get an update on next days.
        Sure it is impressive to see that several recent fws are ported to MIUI interface. Could we be in a row soon?
        Last edited by valerima; 09-30-2014, 12:36.

Comment

Originally posted by valerima View Post
          Sur eit is impressive to see that several recent fw are ported to MIUI interface. Could we be in a row soon?
          http://www.51cube.com/ch/DownList.asp?SortID=7
          Browsing through the google translate of the cube bulletin board the use of MIUI seems somewhat controversial. So who knows if it will become the norm for these tablets???

Comment

First thing I do after flashing a new firmware on the cube is to change the launcher as I can't live with the miui look.
            900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
              First thing I do after flashing a new firmware on the cube is to change the launcher as I can't live with the miui look.
              I'm the same. It seems strange to have such a different look and feel fem the standard android. Seems bound to make a lot of friends and a lot of enemies at the same time. But the up side would be a very open implementation of android that would hopefully keep pace with evolution for a few years.

Comment

Seems promising, hoping that going to MIUI will not prevent a possible upgrade to Android L for our Cube....
                if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
                https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

So my Ainol Aurora 2 died last night. It might just be a corrupt partition table, but I suspect the hardware has been getting flakey for some time. Sound the last post. The A2 was a real bargain and has run continuously for well over two years.

The good news is, now I have this cube. It's even better than the A2, with the exception of the sound from the speakers. Onwards and upwards...

Comment

drivers windows 7

Hi, I'm looking for Windows7 drivers in order to flash U65GT rom, the are not in the ZIP from 900ss.
                    Thanks

Comment

I thought I had included cubes driver pack with the ROM.
                      900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Originally posted by benua View Post
                        Hi, I'm looking for Windows7 drivers in order to flash U65GT rom, the are not in the ZIP from 900ss.
                        Thanks
                        They were certainly there when I downloaded the zip. There are two drivers one for 32 bit and the other for 64 bit. There is not a specific driver for Win 7 rather than XP, though.

Comment

thanks

ok, thanks
                          rooted
                          Ben

Comment

AOSP Browser

The AOSP browser installed in the Cube seems to have some interesting features (no incognito, for example). It's also quite a big beast of an apk. Found this post that gives a version of AOSP that is much closer to the JB experience. Downsides sonfar are that is has no debug mode so you can't change the user agent string at all (but you can check request desktop site in the menu). Bizarrely there doesn't seem to be any history either... Weird. Works well though. In the post the link to play store no longer works, but the manual download and install is fine.

When will Cynaogenmod release a version of their browser for other versions of Android???

Comment

Hi

I have just bought this tablet and must say that it's not what I though it would be...it's BETTER!! One thing I just want to check with those who have installed the ROM. Which builtin launcher do you have? My tablet was already in English with all Chinese apps removed, bu not rooted. I'm just wondering whether there's any need for me to install this ROM. The launcher which cam with the table was laggy. I install Nova launcher and things are much better. However, I there is a Android stock launcher which is even better. Can somebody please check and let me know.

Thanks

Comment

As I said many many times, the cube talk 9x is absolutely THE BEST chinese tablet in the market so far in terms of build quality and stability!
                                Performance is not the best but for me is more than sufficient (i don't feel the need of more power).
                                Battery life reach 10 hours with screen on and wifi/3G connected, I think it's a record for an android device.

Which launcher did you find laggy?
                                Stock launcher is working really well for me!
                                if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
                                https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Working...
                                X