Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

root genious

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
    as far as I know root genius (from Windows) doesn't work, and kinguser is known to have some malware inside...
    Sorry, really link is to Windows aaplication. but I used Rootgenius- General mobile apk, installed it from Cube internal folder...
    Will check Kinguser, found different information, cannot exclude malware though.

Comment

Hi Brian,

Thanks again for your hard work.

New to this, but i flashed your last rom (4 gb app space). Is there a way of updating, so that I can keep all my data and installed apps?

Cheers

K

Comment

Re: Cube Talk 9x U65GT ROM based on Cube's V 1.8 firmware of 3 September 2014

You will probably get away with only flashing boot and system.

Backup anything important with titanium backup or similar, flash and then restore.

I just copy a few key apks to external sdcard and reinstall after flashing. I've flashed that often that I know the accout details I need to reenter.
        900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Hi, first of all, congratulations for this new rom.

I saw that the u65gt can't receive files (.apk) via bluetooth , is possible fix it ?

Comment

Hello,

Could you check if art runtime now is working with this rom? Its not run on previous 1.8.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by torokmate View Post
              Hello,

Could you check if art runtime now is working with this rom? Its not run on previous 1.8.

Thank you
              Good question, I'm interested on the same function too!
              If now it's working I can consider to reflash, otherwise I will wait for a possible 1.9 version!
              if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
              https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Could you maybe redo the ROM according to the comment HERE and possibly replace Superuser with SuperSU (2.06)? I also wouldn't mind updating all existing GApps to their latest version .

Also on my wishlist some cannot-do-without apps which could be placed in System or AutoInstall:
                - Xposed Framework 2.7 beta1
                - SystemCleanup
                - MobileUncle Tools
                - Lucky Patcher
                - AdAway 2.91

Maybe this is something we could vote on?
                Thanks for considering!

Comment

Originally posted by Poppeye View Post
                  Could you maybe redo the ROM according to the comment HERE and possibly replace Superuser with SuperSU (2.06)? I also wouldn't mind updating all existing GApps to their latest version .

Also on my wishlist some cannot-do-without apps which could be placed in System or AutoInstall:
                  - SystemCleanup
                  - MobileUncle Tools
                  - Lucky Patcher
                  - AdAway 2.91

Thanks for considering!
                  you can put those apps in a "autoinstall" folder on your MicroSD and as soon as installation of new ROM is completed at first reboot everything will be automatically installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Poppeye View Post

- SystemCleanup
                    - MobileUncle Tools
                    - Lucky Patcher
                    - AdAway 2.91

Thanks for considering!

I vote for a clean rom without any additional apps!
                    Come on, everybody can install special apps on it's own. Just a few clicks!!!

So Brians attempt to keep the rom as clean as possible is the right way imho.

And some words about rooting (insecure boot.img and other weird myths):
                    Only the chainfire superSU app has some strange effects when trying to access the sd storage.
                    With Brians rom the root access is 100% working. So dont worry.
                    You don't have to fiddle around with different superuser apps.
                    The already implemented CWM superuser app is a very good option and it is perfect working.

Comment

Originally posted by chris-mm View Post
                      I vote for a clean rom without any additional apps!
                      Come on, everybody can install special apps on it's own. Just a few clicks!!!
                      +1

Comment

Re: Cube Talk 9x U65GT ROM based on Cube's V 1.8 firmware of 3 September 2014

Thanks chris-mm I chose superuser as its open source. I've had no problems with root access and can use titanium backup either to internal or external sdcard.

I try to keep the ROM safe and robust.

BTW my experience of the 3 sept ROM is that if you are already on 1.8 with the permissions and chrome fixes its no benefit. I see no evidence of art working.
                        900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

Thanks Brian, then I'll wait for 1.9
                          This is the first tablet that I left a tablet with original version (only rooted and minor fixes) for such a long time! It's also the first time I see a so rock-solid first revision ROM. I'm really impressed about cube and this good device!

Comment

Yes if I see anything different in this 1.8 I'll post it.

I'd become disenchanted with the rk processors they seemed that chase a quite narrow band of performance. The median devices seem far better balanced, better battery, better performance, more robust. The fact it feels quality helps too.
                            900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

wifi

Hi,after about an hour WiFi stopped working but switching off/on it got working again.
                              Nave a noce day

Comment

AW: Cube Talk 9x U65GT ROM based on Cube's V 1.8 firmware of 3 September 2014

Originally posted by kascibon View Post
                                Hi,after about an hour WiFi stopped working but switching off/on it got working again.
                                Nave a noce day
                                I said "Captain", he said "What?"...

Comment

Working...
                                X