No announcement yet.

Cube Talk 9x U65GT ROM based on Cube's V 1.8 firmware of 3 September 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you sure you will not fry the battery very soon with that poweful charger?
    Is your tablet hot when charging with 4Amp?
    I'm a little bit worried in switching on another charger! I usually charge the tabet overnight now, this is not a big problem if it will increase battery life!
    if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Instructions wrong?

I am a bit odd that I actually read the instructions. I am reading them for this rom, and it says regarding drivers ...

"Driver installationIf you have not installed drivers then power off the Cube Talk 9x U65GT and connect to the PC. The PC should detect the U65GT and try to load in drivers, choose to locate the drivers yourself and browse to the Drivers Folder and install. "

The tablet is supposed to be off? How can the pc pick it up?

Also I assume the driver labeled xp is the 32 bit version??

Thanks
      Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
        Are you sure you will not fry the battery very soon with that poweful charger? Is your tablet hot when charging with 4Amp? I'm a little bit worried in switching on another charger! I usually charge the tabet overnight now, this is not a big problem if it will increase battery life!
        Just because the charger is rated at 4A doesn't mean that it will charge the Talk9x at 4A. To fully charge in 4 hours should need about 2.5A. On the original charger I have never seen mine charging at more than 1.75A and at the moment mine is plugged into the original charger and the charge is turning on and off because it cant supply enough current to maintain voltage correctly. This is very frustrating as a 6 hour charge has got it from about 50% to 80%. A properly voltage regulated charger should not damage the tablet, but should charge it much faster.

Comment

No. The Tablet is not hot nor warm while charging with the 4A charger.
          I am using the charger 2 or 3 days after the tablet was arrived...
          In off state the charger charges with ~2.5 Amps.
          In on state while you're working whith the tablet it's ~3.25 till 3.4 Amps. I figured out whith an Amp-Multimeter.
          This is an electronic charger that just deliver the power the Tablet takes. It does not force 4A to throw into the Tablet.
          So I think the Battery/Tablet will be safe.

The 2A charger from my Galaxy becomes very hot while charging. The 4A not. It's cool, even if you're working and charging the Tablet together

My display brightness is in automatic mode and I don't using energy saving modes.

The charger I am using is one specially for computer electronics.
          It's 100% DC whithout AC noise (I hope, you know what I mean)
          Don't know the right words for it

The Tablet will be warm if I'm playing real racing 3. But even then the charger gives power enough to play without decrease battery

Hope that is a useful information.
          Good nicht everybody
          Sent from my U65GT via chrome

Comment

@stuarts
            Exact you got it!
            Electronical Chargers just delivers the power that the device ask for, till the limit oft the charger

Comment

Now you've done it! I've ordered a USB multimeter so I can weed out bad cables! I've read that there are huge differences in how much different cables will allow the device to actually charge. I've also ordered a bunch of charge-only-cables since they supposedly have lower resistance and will thus allow faster charging.

Has anybody already tested if the Talk 9x supports MHL?

Comment

Re: Cube Talk 9x U65GT ROM based on Cube's V 1.8 firmware of 3 September 2014

Originally posted by Poppeye View Post
                Now you've done it! I've ordered a USB multimeter so I can weed out bad cables! I've read that there are huge differences in how much different cables will allow the device to actually charge. I've also ordered a bunch of charge-only-cables since they supposedly have lower resistance and will thus allow faster charging.

I use CurrentWidget to do the same thing on my S4. Bought some cables off of ****. They charged at 300mA. Less than the power consumed in standby. I wonder how accurate this is compared with multimeter

Comment

Good morning everybody..

Originally posted by Poppeye View Post

Afaik does Android since v.4.x supports MHL.
                  But it must be activated in kernel by Manufacturer vor CustomROM Brewer (and supported by chipset, but New chipsets should handle it).
                  This is something I've read while I was searching for USB audio on android, but I'm not shure...

My experiences in programming are not as good as Lepi's vor 900supersport's are...
                  I'm just tough in Hardware

Maybe 900supersport can make a rom without those very ugly cube Logo (blank would be fine, so everybody can customise bootscreen with their own bootanimations)

This is my wish I've got for the future.

Comment

Cube supplied the u65gt to me for free so that I can create English ROMs and offer some support. As such I've made a decision to go no further than to just add my handle to the boot image and animation. I may post a thread detailing the process for changing the images.
                    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
                      Cube supplied the u65gt to me for free so that I can create English ROMs and offer some support. As such I've made a decision to go no further than to just add my handle to the boot image and animation. I may post a thread detailing the process for changing the images.
                      I would absolutly love a detailled post on the process you use to produce your ROM!

Comment

I've been thinking of that for a while. Will see what I can make time for.
                        900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Originally posted by Spassknochen View Post
                          Hi@all
                          I am using this ROM and I am vers happy with this!

A short reviev:
                          Got this U65GT since rd about 2 Weeks.
                          Took the ROM 1.8 vom 900supersport, root and the lib something.so to get chrome working fine.

Also the brighness patch from Lepi to have more battery lifetime.

You both could have some Beer from me ;-)

The one and only thing I don't like (yeah, I am hating this!) is the inkredible ugly cube Logo on start sequence.

The EU Wallcharger was gone in a few minutes...

I habe bougt a 5V 4A Charger with a round plug.
                          I have soldered a USB to it and now the U65SG is charged inbetween rund about 3 to 4 hours from 10%☺

I am using a Kingston 64GB SDXC uSD. But exFat doesn't work. I need the uSD Format in fat32 to work!

Navigation is working perfectly.
                          I' m using iGo Primo.
                          It's a special Version for Tablets with higher resolutions.

The GPS Fix is nearly in a minute (Outside, off course)...

I am a technician. And I had a lot oft mobile devices to test.

But the U65GT is one oft the fastest and smoothest I have ever tested...
                          I would buy it again. :-D

Fazit:
                          Fast, with 900supersport's ROM incredible, with all the mods from freaktab.com unbelievable!

The charging issues can only fixed with a big (I'm using 5V 4A "FSP020-DGAA1") charger.
                          This one has real 4 Amps! Those little wall chargers mostly has only 2 Amps - even if the seller say it has 4 Amps...
                          So you can charge from 10% to 100% in rd about 3-4 hours...

I hope, that is enough Information for you all guys.
                          If you have some questions, Please feel free to ask...

Wish you happy "tabletting" with the incredible U65GT ;-)

Sorry for my lousy english
                          Hi thanks for your review but i want to know how you solder the usb connector to it because i want to buy it and put it together myself. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Spassknochen View Post
                            Hi@all
                            The one and only thing I don't like (yeah, I am hating this!) is the inkredible ugly cube Logo on start sequence.
                            So if all we have to complain about is the ugly boot logo then I guess we have a pretty good deal - at least I will have when the postman finally knocks on the door. Meanwhile zzzzzzz...

BTW instructions have been given on changing the boot animations elsewhere. If you get Rom Toolkit Lite it provides some boot animations that you can just install and even has a boot animation randomizer... For any "whovians", there's a Tardis animation.

Enjoy...
                            Last edited by ac0935p; 09-16-2014, 09:21. Reason: Fix typo

Comment

Originally posted by enyiuwa View Post
                              Hi thanks for your review but i want to know how you solder the usb connector to it because i want to buy it and put it together myself. Thanks
                              I have used the USB EU charger it was delivered by seller.
                              Took all the electronics out but the USB port, cutted the rund powerplug it was at the end oft the New charger and soldered it directly to the USB port in the old charger.
                              Looks little bit crappy but works fine

@ac0935p
                              How to change bootanimation I know and I changed already.
                              But before the bootanimation there is the cube logo I don't like.
                              The Tablet looks noble at all. But the Boot logo doesn't and kills the ensemble.
                              It's my subjective opinion.

Comment

I wonder how hard could be to change boot animation for few guys....to copy/paste an archive with proper permission set in ESExplorer app and restart Cube should take ~1 min.
                                When things like app incompatibility on Store still unsolved (Dead Trigger 2_invisible for Talk 9X users, UC Browser HD_incompatible, etc - maybe you should work in this direction @900supersport with Playstore fixes, like Riley on all Pipo ROM's), battery percentage wrong reported, external SD/devices formatted in NTFS/exFat unusable, default brightness very high without Lepi's patch, rear camera out of focus sometimes, etc - we complain about bootanimations and logo's.
                                I will not flash 900supersport just for a slightly mod (few chinese app removed, rooted, and almost stock boot animation)
                                This things i could do by myself, china apps could be uninstalled very easy after first boot, 4GB EBR1_2 from your ROM-thank's, rooted very easy with @mmrrdd patch).
                                ROM is stable but not perfect.

Comment

Working...
                                X