Cube Talk 9x U65GT ROM based on Cube's V 1.8 firmware of 3 September 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ac0935p View Post
    Good clarification - my misunderstanding. The point remains, that if that is the only downside, it's pretty minor for a lot of users - but not for you as you have stated. I've read/viewed a stack of reviews and they all come down to "poor charger"; "long charge time"; "boot logo"; "minimum brightness"... All of these points are being discussed here, which is great!
    I agree.
    I going nuts if there is an issue- even just for me
    The charging issue was the very first Problem I've had.
    The EU charger was blown, don't let me lie, in a hour or something...

So I ordered the 4A and this Problem was nearly gone. The original charging cable (USB) was not pretty good, I took another one I've had @home.
    Everything else I took from this forum here. Reading and just doing. Explanations are very good
    Sent from my U65GT via chrome

Comment

Originally posted by Spassknochen View Post
      Some answers:
      First oft all: This is NOT a "supercharger". It's just a normal charger with (real) 4amps @ 5volts.
      There is no overcurrent power from this electronical charger.
      The charger gives just the power the Tablet can handle.
      The more the tablet "ASK" for, the more the charger will deliver - the electronics inside the tablet can just get what the electronics and Pins, cables etc. can handle.
      Overvoltage can damage your Tablet, of course.
      The USB cables has various quality. So it could be, that one charges perfectly and another seems to charge but doesn't.
      The original from U65GT doesn't work for me as I want.
      I am using another one.

"Important things" or "nobody needs" are definations that every user might see different.
      Shure, working apps are very important and more interesting things, agree - depending on the apps you are using.
      Most oft the apps I'm using working fine.
      I like to have a working tablet, too. But style is important for me, also.
      Not completely true: it can happen that a device can "ask" more current than the pins (or wires) can handle, and in this case you will easily fry cables/pins.

I just want you to pay attention to use a 4 Amps charger because cube could not have designed pins and internal printed circuit big enough to support these Amps.
      if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
      https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Xda forum is basicly my first address, but for me freaktab is the better address for the U65GT
        Agreed - I have used xdaforum in the past. But for my china clone phone (Hero h9500+ AKA zopo zp900 leader) I used moviledualsim which is based in Portugal but had a very active community and would accept messages in Googugease - messages often mirrored on xdaforum. For my tablet (Ainol Novo7 Aurora 2) I used slatedroid.

For the Cube freaktab is definitely the place to be.

One day my Cube will come...

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
          Not completely true: it can happen that a device can "ask" more current than the pins (or wires) can handle, and in this case you will easily fry cables/pins.

I just want you to pay attention to use a 4 Amps charger because cube could not have designed pins and internal printed circuit big enough to support these Amps.
          You are right with the printed circuit. It could be...

But I'm using this charger since rd about two weeks and everything is fine.
          The Tablet stays cool at charging.

I've tried the original Samsung 2A charger, but
          1. It becomes very hot
          2. The battery drains down even if the charger is connected.

The only solution for me was increase charging power.

I would not recommend a cheap charger.
          , because the cheap chargers mostly delivers less Amps but overvoltage.
          And this is the biggest problem. This is the point where the electronics going defective.

I never had problems with bigger chargers. And I am doing this job over 30 years

Anyway. You could get problems as giouncino said, because the chinese hardware has very often quality differences in manufacturing.
          Use a bigger charger at your own risk, Plesse. I don't want to be at fault for your damaged tablet.
          For me it works pretty fine.
          I think everything is spoken about the bigger charger.

Comment

AOne day my Cube will come...
            Hopefully soon

Comment

One day my Cube will come...
              Just heard from home my Cube has come (only 4 days post from China).
              Here I am stuck in London till Friday
              B****cks

Comment

Just heard from home my Cube has come (only 4 days post from China).
                Here I am stuck in London till Friday
                B****cks
                That would p*sses me off, too
                But it has arrived

Comment

You are right with the printed circuit. It could be...

But I'm using this charger since rd about two weeks and everything is fine.
                  The Tablet stays cool at charging.

I've tried the original Samsung 2A charger, but
                  1. It becomes very hot
                  2. The battery drains down even if the charger is connected.

The only solution for me was increase charging power.

I would not recommend a cheap charger.
                  , because the cheap chargers mostly delivers less Amps but overvoltage.
                  And this is the biggest problem. This is the point where the electronics going defective.

I never had problems with bigger chargers. And I am doing this job over 30 years

Anyway. You could get problems as giouncino said, because the chinese hardware has very often quality differences in manufacturing.
                  Use a bigger charger at your own risk, Plesse. I don't want to be at fault for your damaged tablet.
                  For me it works pretty fine.
                  I think everything is spoken about the bigger charger.
                  This is right, overvoltage will destroy the battery for sure.
                  The quality issue is why I told you to pay attention advising for a bigger charger!
                  if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
                  https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

About charger, if you really want to change it for a better quality one, just buy the original Onda charger for the V975M/V989 on Banggood... 5V 2.5A. Good quality, good price, will charge your tab a little faster and won't damage your battery for sure.

Here's the link: http://m.banggood.com/Original-5V-25...-p-928952.html

Comment

[QUOTE=Spassknochen;227363]Hi@all

Navigation is working perfectly.
                      I' m using iGo Primo.
                      It's a special Version for Tablets with higher resolutions.

The GPS Fix is nearly in a minute (Outside, off course)...

/QUOTE]

Hi Spassknochen,
                      could you help me in making iGo Primo work in my Cube? I always get an error telling that the "igo user interface resolution 4096x2834 is not supported"

Could you share your settings (data.zip, sys.txt, skin, etc..) so that I can try to fix my issue?
                      Which version you are running in your dievice?

Thanks for your help!

pluto69

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
                        This is right, overvoltage will destroy the battery for sure.
                        The quality issue is why I told you to pay attention advising for a bigger charger!
                        And the chips on MB can heavy damaged, too.
                        Even the battery can explode @overvolting!
                        If the voltage is correct, the more ampere should be no problem

Comment

Originally posted by pluto69 View Post
                          "igo user interface resolution 4096x2834 is not supported"

Could you share your settings (data.zip, sys.txt, skin, etc..) so that I can try to fix my issue?
                          Your Tablet has not a resolution like that!
                          I cannot share those data, because I'm using a simple, limited GSM internet-connection.
                          It's ~200MB only for the Programm and folder structure without maps and so on...
                          Sorry for that.
                          But, if you have some time to wait, i can send you pm with needed links.
                          I'm back @my computer friday or saturday.

Comment

Your Tablet has not a resolution like that!
                            I cannot share those data, because I'm using a simple, limited GSM internet-connection.
                            It's ~200MB only for the Programm and folder structure without maps and so on...
                            Sorry for that.
                            But, if you have some time to wait, i can send you pm with needed links.
                            I'm back @my computer friday or saturday.
                            I know, the resolution is wrong, but it is what the error says!!!!

However, Thanks in advance for your pm!

in the meantime I'll try a fresh install of iGO.

Bye.

Comment

And the chips on MB can heavy damaged, too.
                              Even the battery can explode @overvolting!
                              If the voltage is correct, the more ampere should be no problem
                              i bought this charger on **** and its awesome charge the tablet from 10% to 100% within 4hrsGenuine LA-530 5V 3000mA 3A Mains AC-DC Adaptor Power Supply Charger MICRO B USB

Comment

Originally posted by enyiuwa View Post
                                i bought this charger on **** and its awesome charge the tablet from 10% to 100% within 4hrsGenuine LA-530 5V 3000mA 3A Mains AC-DC Adaptor Power Supply Charger MICRO B USB
                                Best of luck, several users on Amazon say that it broke after just a few uses.

Comment

Working...
                                X