This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank You, Excellent Job

I want to thank you for the time you spent and overcome the criticism he has received. You with this latest firmware has achieved an excellent job.

Every day I wonder who needs my M8 Box

This is my list,

1. Being able to adjust the brightness
    2. the player internal codecs work
    3. be able to use my external hardisk
    4. improve the speed of streaming xbmc
    5. A launcher made ​​for elderly people

I have tried the OpenELEC, almost perfect. I can not use my bluetooth keyboard.

I hope to learn more from you in the future.

Thank you

Comment

Hello,

ROM works perfect but i have only one issue. Intergrated XMBC works perfect but SPMC is not working correctly (movie is starting and you can hear audio but the screen is black). Reinstalling SPMC did not solved this issue. Any tips?

Anyway thanks for this great ROM

Comment

Audio through the headphone does not work.

Audio through the headphone does not work. stane came back to install firmware for sure. stane in the firmware work fine

Comment

still some issues on v1.3

First of all can I say a big thanks to JustMe. I've try to use both ver 1.2_Final and 1.3

v1.2_Final: Smooth, but have issue with mount usb, although I set the StickMount app auto start. My USB stick still can not be mounted.

v1.3:
          - Not smooth as v1.2_Final
          - Can not update SuperSU binary data although I install newest SuperSU_2.14 (maybe SuperSU integrated with Kernel 3.10.54 Stanes)
          - Not compatibility with portrait screen app (small portrait screen). While the v1.2_Final full compatibility with it (Full landscape screen).
          Last edited by pth83; 10-31-2014, 01:18.

Comment

While I certainly appreciate the efforts of people like JustMe who work on these ROMs, is there any reason I should be using this instead of Finless 1.8?

Finless is working fine for me minus a couple of freeze ups during Anutu, which is worrying.

Any thoughts?

Comment

sleep mode

I'm on the 1.3 ... congrats! nice rom m8. I also have the non working sleep mode issue.
              I got the wake me up scottie from the 1.2 and installed it successfully on the 1.3. I'm quite worried that the build quality of the m8 isn't super and not having it in sleep might even shorten it... Is there something we can do to have the deep sleep working?
              Another thing i've noticed is that usb doesn't work on this build either.

Rest I really like! nice effort, keep it up!

Kind regards,
              Anubis

Comment

Originally posted by userofthenet View Post
                i can extract Wakeme scottie app from it since i can't find that one online or in the app store. My box is EM8 with round remote.

userofthenet yes you will not find online because it's a andriod application I created, I have yet published it on google playstore as I still want to add 1 or 2 more feature before I do it.

This was just an idea which i didn't think it would work, but it did as temp fix or work around.

Any coder/developer would know it fustrating and time consuming some people don't relise how much time goes into it. researching and trialing etc

Will update today if successful

Originally posted by anubis012 View Post
                I'm on the 1.3 ... congrats! nice rom m8. I also have the non working sleep mode issue.
                I got the wake me up scottie from the 1.2 and installed it successfully on the 1.3. I'm quite worried that the build quality of the m8 isn't super and not having it in sleep might even shorten it... Is there something we can do to have the deep sleep working?
                Another thing i've noticed is that usb doesn't work on this build either.

Rest I really like! nice effort, keep it up!

Kind regards,
                Anubis
                I don't think you need to worry about it shortning the life span the box does not warm up at all it just keeps 1 cpu processor partial alive as before all processor go to full sleep mode

Thanks
                Last edited by JustMe; 10-31-2014, 01:02.
                Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

usb is not working?

mine is. i am using the m8 (square) with my external hd and a minix A2. Working fine.

just 3 buttons on the A2 doesn't work.

I am still using 1.2 because it's working great for me. It's lightning fast.

the power problem i solved with a wireless power adapter that i controll with my cel (edup is the brand).

i am being able to do this:

1 - in my work, i can turn m8 and my external hd with my cel.
                  2 - search for a movie to download with transdroid. (no-ip.com successful enabled)
                  3 - m8 starts downloading with ttorrent.
                  4 - Go home, open xbmc and watch the movie.

NICE!

Comment

Originally posted by dsgregorio View Post
                    usb is not working?

mine is. i am using the m8 (square) with my external hd and a minix A2. Working fine.

just 3 buttons on the A2 doesn't work.

I am still using 1.2 because it's working great for me. It's lightning fast.

the power problem i solved with a wireless power adapter that i controll with my cel (edup is the brand).

i am being able to do this:

1 - in my work, i can turn m8 and my external hd with my cel.
                    2 - search for a movie to download with transdroid. (no-ip.com successful enabled)
                    3 - m8 starts downloading with ttorrent.
                    4 - Go home, open xbmc and watch the movie.

NICE!

wifi or ethernet speed?
                    Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

hi i love your rom but i can not using OTA update

thanks

Comment

Alright... since no one answered my question about the differences between this ROM and Finless 1.8...

What are some of the Antutu scores people are getting on this ROM?

Comment

I obtain about 38000 with JustMe and about 30000 with Finless 1.8.

Can't give you the differences between the 2 ROM because I did not use Finless 1.8 enough time.

Comment

That is... a dramatic difference. What PCB are using? Does it have samsung RAM chips?

Comment

I got 38000 with M8 and M8N models, both have Samsung rams (original models).

Yes difference is important but, I checked init files in boot.img and it seems like CPUs with Finless 1.8 are limited to 1.68ghz while it is 1.99ghz for JustMe. But I am not sure of that, maybe someone can confirm it

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
                                wifi or ethernet speed?
                                ethernet.

Originally posted by servo386 View Post
                                Alright... since no one answered my question about the differences between this ROM and Finless 1.8...

What are some of the Antutu scores people are getting on this ROM?
                                i'm using 1.2. i got 35000 - 38000 with my M8.

Comment

Working...
                                X