X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by manero View Post
    Thanks JustMe

Congratulations for the work

if you have new remote then use my remote updater script in this post after you flashed the rom

Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by warlock09 View Post
      Will this be the new version of the M8...its called M8N now..and the PCB IS

M9&M8_V1.0
      2014/07/07

@justme, Is this the firmware you tweaked ...may i know who have tested this already, thanks, b4 i try to flash.

That's the exact same box i got with the same board. However, the one I got has the August 27 2014 dated firmware. Does anyone have a link to where I can get the new stock firmware for M8N that this firmware is based on.

Comment

Graças JustME!!!!
        Click image for larger version

Name:	08.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	434952

Comment

Thank You

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
          version 1.1 is out give that a go Zahir.
          Downloading now, will report back soon, many thanks, JM.

Comment

Feels Nice & Smooth but Internet Speeds is still a problem for me.

Nice job JustMe. Nice to know someone continues to work on the ROM trying to make the box great.

ROM feels very smooth. I like it.

I however continue to have internet connections speeds issues which I also have with other ROMS.

This is the ONLY thing that is not making my box great.

I have 50Mbps connection at home.
            On my wireless pc I get over 30 Mbps
            On my iPhone I get 33 Mbps

Currently with your latest ROM.....

On my M8 wireless I get:
            0.18 Mbps download
            0.79 Upload

On my M8 with Ethernet I get:
            9.61 Mbps download
            11.52 Mbps upload
            (yes, more upload than download)

I guess my box is a clone:

H8&M8 V2_0

Is there any information I can provide you to see if there is a solution?

Everything else is awesome. Is just the internet speed connection. I have more than one box so its not isolated to one box.

Thanks.
            borikua

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
              Nice job JustMe. Nice to know someone continues to work on the ROM trying to make the box great.

ROM feels very smooth. I like it.

I however continue to have internet connections speeds issues which I also have with other ROMS.

This is the ONLY thing that is not making my box great.

I have 50Mbps connection at home.
              On my wireless pc I get over 30 Mbps
              On my iPhone I get 33 Mbps

Currently with your latest ROM.....

On my M8 wireless I get:
              0.18 Mbps download
              0.79 Upload

On my M8 with Ethernet I get:
              9.61 Mbps download
              11.52 Mbps upload
              (yes, more upload than download)

I guess my box is a clone:

H8&M8 V2_0

Is there any information I can provide you to see if there is a solution?

Everything else is awesome. Is just the internet speed connection. I have more than one box so its not isolated to one box.

Thanks.
              borikua

Be interesting to see what others get first to see if it is what I think it is
              Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

I have 130Mbps connectionI use ethernet with m8.

Ethernet
                - download - 85.71 Mbps
                Ethernet - upload- 6.37 Mbps

the internet for me this good, I use ethernet

wireless - download 20.59 Mbps
                wireless - upload 6.41 Mbps

first all good job with the rom, congratulations

About firmware, in my opinion I think this JustMe M8N Rom v1.0 is slightly faster android menu,.... and with more free memory.

The xbmc is excellent +++++

bluetooth does not work right, I'm using a mouse from HP, and when you turn off and power on box, the bluetooth takes a long time to connect .... sometimes you have to turn on and off bluetooth

something that I can help just saying .....

fastest rom ever (M9&M8_V0.92)..... congratulations ...

thank you
                Last edited by xc0rpi0n; 10-07-2014, 06:00.

Comment

OUTSTANDING

JM, this is outstanding. Simply wonderful. I've had no dropped LAN connections for an hour, and the brilliance of this rom continues to dazzle.

- easy install, with no issues. Unique boot-screen and custom-colored launcher are distinctive extras. The set-up screen identifies the M8 as an S82, but this makes no difference to its sparkling performance.

- the snappiest interface of any M8 rom out there - yes, beats even Stane at his fluid game. Using his kernel helps..

- the fastest ethernet speeds I've ever had from an android device on my very fast broadband: see my Speedtest result here, close to the theoretical maximum for a 10/100 device.

- tested three 4K YouTube videos, which are even smoother than on version 1

- tested 2 1080p movies on XBMC - smooth as butter, no a/v sync problems. Fast forward worked well, and caused no buffering.

Repeat, no dropped connections at any time, blazing internet speeds and the all-round quickest "feel" of any M8 rom out there. I've tried them all.

NOTE: Play Store downloads did not work - initially - but I reinstalled the rom and everything is now good!

Brilliant.
                  Last edited by Zahir; 10-07-2014, 12:36.

Comment

Cant seem to get this to install on an M8.

Getting the following errors:

This package is designed for 'eny_em8' devices, this is a k200

E: error in tmp/sideload/package.zip

(status 7 installation aborted)

It's definitely an M8 - was preordered from Geekbuying and it's the square M8, label on the bottom says OTT TV Player M8.
                    Last edited by firestorm2yk; 10-07-2014, 12:41. Reason: correction

Comment

M8

Can confirm this is the best rom yet.....now holds wifi ....very very fast ..buttery smooth...the only issue after a few hours use is the bluetooth connection....every now and then it needs to be turned off and back on....other than that it is superb..

Comment

Originally posted by firestorm2yk View Post
                        Cant seem to get this to install on an M8.

Getting the following errors:

This package is designed for 'eny_em8' devices, this is a k200

E: error in tmp/sideload/package.zip

(status 7 installation aborted)

It's definitely an M8 - was preordered from Geekbuying and it's the square M8, label on the bottom says OTT TV Player M8.
                        Extract the zip file to an sd card then flash using toothpick method it will install ok,i had the same message and that method sorted it for me.I've been using it for a couple oh hours now and so far it is working well.

Comment

This is the box I just bought in Canada. I've flashed the finless roms and now the JustMe rom and the JustMe M8N rom is working the best and also has the proper remote codes (setup and app button works).

The only issue i'm seeing is quite slow Ethernet speeds. I have a 30Mb down, 10Mb up connections. My speedtests showed:

Ethernet:
                          Download Speed: Around 10Mb/s, slowing down to around 5Mb/s
                          Upload Speed: Around 10Mb/s

Wireless:
                          Download Speed: 30Mb/s
                          Upload Speed: 10Mb/s

I haven't played with the bluetooth much, but I'll let you know if I see any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by snelsy View Post
                            Extract the zip file to an sd card then flash using toothpick method it will install ok,i had the same message and that method sorted it for me.I've been using it for a couple oh hours now and so far it is working well.
                            Have already tried that and same issue - but i think ive worked out what the issue is.

I installed TWRP before and I think it may have partitioned the internal sdcard to something the system does not recognise.

Will revert to stock recovery and repartition internal sd and see how it goes.

Comment

PS3 Controller

I can't seem to get the PS3 controller to work (with OTG cable, I know bluetooth won't work). Anyone else? Any fix?

Comment

Is it worth trying this rom or i will stay with finless 1.8? Anybody done a thourough testing..?

Comment

Working...
                                X