Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyboard working please don't be put off by my above statement it was incorrect sorry
    keyboard space bar working the @ sign working shift 2
    thanks and sorry for incorrect post earlier mybad

Comment

Flashed V1.3 on M8N gets black display > 15 minutes?

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
      Post #1 Updated
      Thanks for the updated!
      Just flashed 1.3 on my Original M8N and got black display for > 15 minutes..Stayed Black (not sure it took that long?)

Then I used Toothpick Reset it to get Re-Flashing Menu, but Remote control does not seem to work any more! Can not select SD-Card even Press OK Button is not possible! Does it mean I just get Bricked M8N?

Any ideas? Please advise!

Comment

lowsumit worked! Nice. Thanks. But the stereo option didn't. I used other one (the one that is something (HDMI)).

Nice, another update. i will try it later. Good job JustMe.

Comment

Originally posted by LeMinh View Post
          Thanks for the updated!
          Just flashed 1.3 on my Original M8N and got black display for > 15 minutes..Stayed Black (not sure it took that long?)

Then I used Toothpick Reset it to get Re-Flashing Menu, but Remote control does not seem to work any more! Can not select SD-Card even Press OK Button is not possible! Does it mean I just get Bricked M8N?

Any ideas? Please advise!
          you should only get max of 30 blank screen after boot animation first time. for remote you need to use the square remote updator , plug usb mouse in for now
          Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

you should only get max of 30 blank screen after boot animation first time. for remote you need to use the square remote updator , plug usb mouse in for now
            No, I dont get that far for boot animation yet! I think the black screen happened right after the Full size of image displayed like "JustMe Production..." for 20 seconds!
            Tried USB mouse, LogiTech Keyboard as well as M8 (old) Remote Control, None of those seem to work!
            Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by LeMinh View Post
              Tried USB mouse, LogiTech Keyboard as well as M8 (old) Remote Control, None of those seem to work!
              Any ideas?

Thanks!

can you flash this in recovery mode the sqaure version http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...Remote-Updator
              Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

good but not as smooth

Post #1 Updated
                I used the reboot app to reboot to recovery and the install started automatically with no hiccup. Then factory reset as usual. I find this rom to be good but not as smooth as the previous versions. There is a noticeable lag. The Ethernet speed dropped but not significant. 78m download before this rom and 58m with it. The wake up power bug seems to have returned. The power won't turn on from sleep. I didn't see wake me Scottie app in this rom. When turning the unit off, the blue led took about 3 min to turn off. I am going back to your previous rom that has the metro style as i like the option to add short cuts to app on the first page. But first i have to install ver 1.2 final so i can extract Wakeme scottie app from it since i can't find that one online or in the app store. My box is EM8 with round remote.

Comment

Also, i couldn't use my remote on recovery mode to go install the previous ver rom. I had to plug a mouse.

Comment

can you flash this in recovery mode the sqaure version http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...Remote-Updator
                    OK! I will try it!
                    Quick question, which Remote Controller will work on the ROM, JustMe? I can find the (Beelink) Round one if it does! Edit: Yes, this Remote Ctrl does work!

Good news!
                    I just Flashed V1.2 (final) successfully (not stuck on black screen)!
                    Got LogiTech USB Keyboard and M8N remote Ctrl worked as well!
                    Ran Speedtest and having pretty good result: DL speed: 97.43Mbps, wow! Great ROM! Not sure about V1.3?

Not start XBMC yet! Will see!

BTW, Do you have a plan for "CPU control patcher"?

Thanks!
                    Last edited by LeMinh; 10-28-2014, 03:03.

Comment

Issues with NBC Live App

First of all can I say a big thanks to JustMe, Finless Bob and all the other devs who work so hard producing these ROMs's for the community I'm fairly new to this and the amount of info I've been able to learn from reading all the posts on here has been excellent.

My issue is this. I use the NBC sports live App to stream the EPL games and NFL. the App works great with any of Finless bobs ROM's. My current favorite is 1.7 due to the interlace issues with 1.8. I've been testing the justMe Rom's for the last week and really like the improvements you've made with the 1.2 release. Unfortunately when I run the NBC App the streaming video resolution seems to be stuck very low and there is no setting in the app to adjust this. This is happening on all versions of the JustMe Rom, I've even tried the new 1.3 release this morning. I've been playing with the build.prop file for a few days to see if spoofing different devices has any effect but so far I've had no success. FYI the app also works fine on my Minix X7 running Quickshot 3.1.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this?

Comment

TRmk1 using V1.3

Excellent work JustMe!!!

So i got this loaded up on the Total Revolution box (TRMk1), so far seems to be running flawlessly except it can not find wifi connections. (waiting patiently)

Cheers and keep up the great work!!!

For those who want to try it out on the TRMk1 I used these steps:

JustMe_1.3_EM8 Install Instructions for TRMk1:

a) Download JustMe_1.3_EM8.zip here---> http://www.freak-tab.de/finless/justme/justme_1.3.zip
                        b) extract the contents (3 files) to thumbdrive
                        c) the only files you should have on thumbdrive are:
                        JustMe_1.3_EM8.zip + recovery.img + factory_update_param.aml
                        d) put your box into recovery mode by pushing pin/paperclip into the reset hole on back of box
                        e) while still pushing pin in hole turn on device do not release the pin until you are in recovery screen

Once in recovery screen do the following steps exactly in order:

1) wipedata/factory reset
                        2) wipe cache partition
                        3) apply update from EXT
                        4) click on the file" JustMe_1.3_EM8.zip "
                        5) wipe data/factory reset again
                        6) reboot system now

This worked for me.... USE AT OWN RISK!!!
                        Three days of testing can save 10 minutes reading manuals

Comment

Hi just wondering if its only me who's having problems with both versions 1.2 and 1.3 once I switch into standby I cannot wakeup again without disconnecting power

Comment

Originally posted by Crows View Post
                            Hi just wondering if its only me who's having problems with both versions 1.2 and 1.3 once I switch into standby I cannot wakeup again without disconnecting power
                            You need to load the Wake Me Scottie app and select 'Turn On'. App was provided with the 1.2 version but not with version 1.3 according to a post above from Userofthenet.

I'm currently running version 1.2 and not tried version 1.3 as yet so haven't verified this myself.

App needs to be turned on again if power to unit is ever lost due to socket being turned off or power cut.

Comment

Bugga Ive flashed finless back on...that works so I'll stick with it.
                              Originally posted by Pedronam View Post
                              You need to load the Wake Me Scottie app and select 'Turn On'. App was provided with the 1.2 version but not with version 1.3 according to a post above from Userofthenet.

I'm currently running version 1.2 and not tried version 1.3 as yet so haven't verified this myself.

App needs to be turned on again if power to unit is ever lost due to socket being turned off or power cut.

Comment

Wake with remote touchy.....

I flashed V1.3 and it does not require Wakeme Scottie to wake with remote...

Have noticed that this is a bit more sensitive. It seem to require a 3 second button press to wake, but anything more or less than 3 second will either not turn on the box or turn on the box and put it back to sleep

I have a CEC compatible HDTV and with CEC one-button turned on. It shows when there is a signal when the box is awake or not.

JustMe -

1) Powering-down the TV should put the box to sleep if the HDMI port is switched to the box...I think this happens but not for a long time (fell asleep - must have been at least 15 mins watching a blue light - boring , before I could tell, woke up and the box was asleep.

2) Can timing be adjusted for the Remote Wake ? Need to shorten the time to wake up and increase the time before it goes back to sleep.

3) For Bonus points - wake on USB activity sensed on a Air/Wired Mouse/Keyboard.

Thanks for a great ROM!
                                Last edited by dy57; 10-28-2014, 18:40.

Comment

Working...
                                X