Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JustMe, i just wanted to say i now am using wifi for internet and i'm getting it to my max speed (10mb). I'm using 1.2...

Comment

Great firmware, but because of problems with the on / off remote control had to remove this firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by Abrikos View Post
        Great firmware, but because of problems with the on / off remote control had to remove this firmware.
        Yes, this is a great firmware but the power on/off button does not work.
        I have tried to load back to previous firmware on my M8 Square box , but it failed to install the old built version over the new built one .
        Please show me how I can go back to previous firmware version(s) .
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dsgregorio View Post
          JustMe, i just wanted to say i now am using wifi for internet and i'm getting it to my max speed (10mb). I'm using 1.2...
          Finally got my box working
          Regrettably sold my fire TV and reusing the m8

Gotta say justme very good rom
          Nice and fast
          But I am struggling with speeds
          I have a 70meg connection
          Ethernet picks up 5meg
          So does WiFi
          Not sure if I've done something wrong

Comment

Ok. Now I am even more confused. I have problems with playing MKV files from NAS on all versions of XMBC. It randomly stops, but it stops at certain points. I can repeat this error with starting to play at that exact minute:sec. What is funny, it plays from SD card without stopping at that point which makes absolutely no sense...

It means there is no problem with the Codec or with the release, but it is neither a network error nor a HHD sleep problem, because it always happens at the same time.

WTF is this??? I am really fed up with that...

Comment

I had problems in the past. They all turned out to be a router<->wifi repeater problem .
              Most mkv, avi, etc., won't even start, XBMC was a total failure...

As soon as I detected the problem (changed my WiFi repeater), the router started working fine and my Finless 1.7 and Gotham 13.1 (I believe the original one) are a wonderful combination.

ps - how I detected my problem? My Raspeberry Pi started to have problems getting time code from internet (it does that everytime I turn it on since it doesn't have internal battery)... just for us to see how things can be a lot more complicated and not just blame one equipment or the other...
              120" screen, EPSON 6100W, YAMAHA RX-V775, B&W 603 (front), B&W CC3 (center), B&W DS3 (surround), Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS (front heights), SVS SB-2000 (subwoofer)

M8 TV Box Codesnake's OpenElec 6.0.3
              Tronsmart MXIII+ (v108L1) + KODI 16.1 (Jarvis)

Comment

Check the speed of your wi-fi and Ethernet, I speed wi-fi 5-10 megabits per second maximum ethernet 17 megabits per second maximum at a preview performance of the network of high quality content without problems is not possible, the video will slow down, abort, hang, artifacts, naturally that with flash cards video plays fine! Network component of the device is executed on cans and works just awful!

Comment

WiFi Latency - Why videos stutter , stop and don't play right...

Here is a good read on why wifi latency may cause issues when playing videos:

Learn about latency, the different types of latency and how to measure and test latency, as well as how to reduce any latency. In addition, this definition will explain the difference between latency and throughput.

and another forum post on how the video cache buffers where changed in XBMC 13.2 - Gotham which may be adding to issues:

Here is a tool to check wifi latency for windows:

I haven't used one for android yet, but it's a start.

That being said , I tweaked my video cache buffers in XBMC , wiki here explains how :

Here are my setting that work for me - your mileage may vary and require some tweaking:

<network>
                  <buffermode>1</buffermode> <!-- Comment: Default is 1 -->
                  <cachemembuffersize>
                  </cachemembuffersize> <!-- Comment: Default is 20971520 bytes or 20 MB -->
                  <readbufferfactor>5.0</readbufferfactor> <!-- Comment: Default is 1.0 -->
                  </network>

hope that helps. please post your results to share

Comment

This tweak is known and it does not help, because the flow rate of the video above speed wi-fi and a buffer compensates for this difference for a while and then the problem resumed. Via wi-fi or watch that does not seem possible. Through Ethernet works better, but there are glitches, though not as often as through wi-fi.

Comment

Originally posted by Abrikos View Post
                      This tweak is known and it does not help, because the flow rate of the video above speed wi-fi and a buffer compensates for this difference for a while and then the problem resumed. Via wi-fi or watch that does not seem possible. Through Ethernet works better, but there are glitches, though not as often as through wi-fi.
                      Run a speed test to USA and Run Speed test to UK and what speeds do you get?

try zero cache also
                      Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

I will try it, however both the NAS an the M8 box connected to a gigabit router via cabel. I dont remember which rom was it, out of the several I have tried, but once I tried a speedtest with a preinstalled app, and the dl speed was around 85 mbit/sec.

Comment

First of all a big THANK YOU to the OP for this ROM it works very well and is also very quick.
                          I have one small issue with it that I have been unable to resolve, I am able to switch the M8 off using the remote but unable to turn it back on again without unplugging and reconnecting.
                          Is there a a patch or app or something I have missed?

Comment

In order to keep your M8 "alive", you have to launch this app : http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post246392

Comment

I have been a fairly content Finless 1.8 user for the past few months and decided to give this ROM a try. Here are my impressions on this ROM.

Installation was pretty straightforward (3 x M8 Boxes) using the tooth-pick method. Everything worked first time and booted normally. Remote control worked without needing the fix/patch.

Bootup logo and the Android Launcher used look better than the standard Metro-style used in Finless. Infact i thought the justme ROM uses something quite similar to what is on the Minix boxes, which is no bad thing.

Oman's XBMC 13.2 (the best, most stable version in my opinion) had to be installed by the user on Finless. Here is comes pre-installed.

Moving onto actually streaming with XBMC, I found this ROM to be a LOT faster than Finless. Buffering issues were greatly reduced, almost gone completely (running a 30m/bit wired connection) Still not sure if the interlacing issue is present on this ROM as well.

However though, XBMC did crash on me a few times. Finless was rock-solid in this regard. Another issue is the blue LED light standby issue which did not exist on Finless but is sadly present on this ROM. The only way to switch off the LED is to actually disconnect the power cable from the box.

I hope this ROM is further developed since there is tons of potential for what is essentially a "rough-around-the-edges" piece of hardware.

If you can live with a few glitches here and there and the ever-present blue LED light, then I strongly suggest this ROM. Streaming speed has increased dramatically and that is mainly what I look for.

Thanks Justme for a fantastic ROM and I hope you can continue further developing this little gem.

Comment

I have a solution to the blue led. Since it is really annoying. It's too bright.

I used brute force. Openned the M8box and taped over the led. kkkkkkk

Done!

Comment

Working...
                                X