X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dadme
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeD View Post
    I don't think this box can real dual boot. It's only in the title and isn't mentioned in the description again.
    This one actualy has dualboot, but it's necessary to boot first on android and after that with an application it boots to Linux. And developers are working on full dualboot right now from what i understand. http://www.dotsmart.ro/ Its a S802 H based player.

Leave a comment:

• roolmapool
    replied
    Anyone with random black screen in 5.08? with old version, we can use off button and select reboot.... now, i have do unplug AC, and reboot...

Leave a comment:

• MikeD
    replied
    I don't think this box can real dual boot. It's only in the title and isn't mentioned in the description again.

Leave a comment:

• dadme
    replied
    iIt is possible to dualboot openelec and Android like this http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...01894231.html?

Leave a comment:

• Ichijoe
    replied
    Just use a different "logo.img" File from a different Souce Ex: OpenELEC 5.0.6, or the One from inside your Stock ROM. (Of course you'll have to find the corresponding MicroSD Three File *.zip) File(s) first. Unless you already have 'em. Then you just go into TWRP and hit Install, and point to the *.img (Note you may have to hit the bottom Button to switch from Zip to Image though.), File and, then swipe to install it.

As to a more custom job I'd recommend you go read this first, and if you still have any questions to ask Uncle Google.
    it's enough to say its possible, but its neither as simple or as ultimately safe as re-using a different logo.img. As the encoded *bmp's have to be the same Size (in deminsions, as in File Size!), for it to work. Its not something I've really gotten all that into TBH.

Leave a comment:

• e123enitan
    replied
    Originally posted by Ichijoe View Post
    my guess would be to try swapping out the "logo.img" File... Or using something like TWRP (Where you can! And, I gather the S82 indeed can!), to flash a different logo.img File to your Device. I've done this a few times with MediaTek Phablets, and as long as the Files are "compatible", this shouldn't be a problem. Though I take no responsibility for whatever you decide to do.
    Thanks Jeo, I am not tek savey, but it seems U have a vast knowledge of the process, could you please drawn-out a simple guide for the benefit of novice like me, just a dummy steps if it not too much of work for you.
    I have TWRP
    so, what is the foramt and size the replace logo?
    where to save the logo .img file, and
    and how to point TWRP to log locate or point to the file
    something alonge these lines with less techno bubbles
    Thanks for your kind supports most appreciated in advance

Leave a comment:

• Ichijoe
    replied
    Originally posted by e123enitan View Post
    Does anyone have knowledge of have to change the splash which populate before the Openlect splash, in the version 5.0.6 for s82 it have Tronsmart which is the maker and the name on the box, but in s82 5.0.8 new update it have Google TV splash, which suggest that the splash is replaceable, but the question is HOW, please kindly share your knowledge, must appreciated
    my guess would be to try swapping out the "logo.img" File... Or using something like TWRP (Where you can! And, I gather the S82 indeed can!), to flash a different logo.img File to your Device. I've done this a few times with MediaTek Phablets, and as long as the Files are "compatible", this shouldn't be a problem. Though I take no responsibility for whatever you decide to do.

Leave a comment:

• e123enitan
    replied
    Does anyone have knowledge of have to change the splash which populate before the Openlect splash, in the version 5.0.6 for s82 it have Tronsmart which is the maker and the name on the box, but in s82 5.0.8 new update it have Google TV splash, which suggest that the splash is replaceable, but the question is HOW, please kindly share your knowledge, must appreciated

Leave a comment:

• e123enitan
    replied
    Hi I am good now, I flashed my box finlessbob rom 2.1 which restored to Android, then I launched TWRP tools to flash openelec 5.0.8 everything went well, big thanks to the developer of unofficial openelec, a well done job

Leave a comment:

• e123enitan
    replied
    Originally posted by vermillion View Post
    If failed to install try recovery from your specific device ie: if MXIII use MXIII recovery instead of bundled recovery.
    Thanks I failed to mentioned that my system is S82, sorry I am not tek guy, what do mean by recovery-Thx for your assistant.

Leave a comment:

• vermillion
    replied
    Originally posted by e123enitan View Post
    Hi vermillion you had ref 5.0.8 is becoming available" does this mean is still work in progress or fully functioning? Any way I gave s82 a try yesterday but it fails to completely installation, although it displayed Google TV logo but did not launch openelec, has anyone tried, pls share your experiences.
    Cheers

Cheers
    If failed to install try recovery from your specific device ie: if MXIII use MXIII recovery instead of bundled recovery.

Leave a comment:

• e123enitan
    replied
    Hi vermillion you had ref 5.0.8 is becoming available" does this mean is still work in progress or fully functioning? Any way I gave s82 a try yesterday but it fails to completely installation, although it displayed Google TV logo but did not launch openelec, has anyone tried, pls share your experiences.
    Cheers

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• vermillion
    replied
    5.0.8 is becoming available: http://amlinux.ru/image/5.0.8/

Leave a comment:

• Condorello
    replied
    Hello guys, i need to add a string for set a static physical address for CEC, because i have in the middle of the CEC chain an AVR not compatible.
    So i need to set in cec_config:
    physical address: 1100

how can i do that? On the RPi i can do that directly from the gui but here there isn't the part of the cec configuration so i must edit manually the cec_config file...
    Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• MikeD
    replied
    Maybe the MXIII build would work with 2GB MXIII but then you can only use 1GB RAM. I think if you have 2GB version you should use S82 build.
    If you you don't know what RAM size you have you could look for information in your actual firmware. In Android under settings -> apps -> running apps.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X