Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems play .vob files

Hi,

it tried the last releases on my S82B they work well but ....... all my .vob files are stuttering in playback

Can someone confirm this ?

thanks.

Comment

Can anyone conform this working on a cx-s806 unit with s812 8/2g board? How does h.265 play?

Comment

I have this box. Working good and h.265 too, but some video with h.265 does not work (i don't know why).
        Latest firmware - http://amlinux.ru/image/devel/OpenEL...7-ga84d7b4.zip
        Unpack onto usb drive and flash via recovery.

Also availible in http://amlinux.ru/image/devel/test/
        *add disable HW accel for SD video.
        *fix VC1
        *anything else

Comment

OpenELEC for s82, M8, MXIII, Tronsmart S89

Originally posted by razdolbaev View Post
          I have this box. Working good and h.265 too, but some video with h.265 does not work (i don't know why).
          Latest firmware - http://amlinux.ru/image/devel/OpenEL...7-ga84d7b4.zip
          Unpack onto usb drive and flash via recovery.

Also availible in http://amlinux.ru/image/devel/test/
          *add disable HW accel for SD video.
          *fix VC1
          *anything else
          awesome, thanks for your feedback. I'll order one and give it a go, it definitely looks like the most powerful device out of all these. Which h.265 files don't play on the s806? The mxiii specs say it can decode 720p h.265 but I've tried and playback is really jerky. Maybe it's an openelec/kerbers release issue?

Comment

Which version to choose

Hi!

I have a Tronsmart S89 Elite box. Can I install the 5.0 version from amlinux.ru? If yes, which file should I download? Can someone point me into the right direction?

Will the S82 version work on my box?
            OpenELEC-Amlogic.S82.arm-5.0.0.zip

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Yes, S82 is the right one. Beelink S82 and Tronsmart Vega S89 are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by razdolbaev View Post
                roolmapool, hello. Thank you for your feedback. Yes, i have payapl, click, or via direct paypal account, thanks.

Edit:
                winomat, you can also manually change governor
                Code:
                echo "ondemand" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
                available governor:
                performance
                hotplug
                ondemand
                conservative
                interactive

More details can be read here
                Update 1/13/2013: IO Scheduler, TCP Congestion Avoidance Algorithm Please go to Post #27 Sources and credit go to: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1792369 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1369817 Android CPU governors explained...

To view CPU load through SSH, you can use this add-on

command - htop

Im stryin to work with autostart.sh.
                So when i ssh in to box and do the following command:
                'echo "performance" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor' it works,
                and when i do:
                'echo "performance" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor && echo "1608000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq' it works as well.
                So far adding to autostart.sh:
                'echo "performance" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor' it works.
                Governor is in performance.
                But when i add to autostart.sh:
                'echo "performance" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor && echo "1608000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq'
                none is working. No governor, no min freq.

What am i doing wrong?

Comment

How easy is it to return to Android from OpenElec? I want to install it tonight and give it a go (android is far too buggy) on my S89.
                  Tronsmart s89 | MK808B Plus | MXQ S805

Comment

Originally posted by CodeRedin519 View Post
                    How easy is it to return to Android from OpenElec? I want to install it tonight and give it a go (android is far too buggy) on my S89.
                    Very easy.
                    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by winomat View Post
                      :
                      But when i add to autostart.sh:
                      'echo "performance" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor && echo "1608000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq'
                      none is working. No governor, no min freq.

What am i doing wrong?
                      Why not
                      Code:
                      'echo "performance" >  /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor'
                      'echo  "1608000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq'
                      But maybe the problem is, that you place the ' wrong, I think you have to use it like this:
                      Code:
                      'echo "performance" >  /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor[B]'[/B] && [B]'[/B]echo  "1608000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq'
                      RK3288 Devices
                      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

You don't actually need all those quotes. This should work:

Code:
                        echo performance>  /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor && 
                            echo  1608000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
                        The '&&' operator is probably superfluous too: it basically says only execute the 2nd command if the 1st is successful (i.e. 1st command has a return value of 0) so keeping it simple:

Code:
                        echo performance>  /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor 
                        echo  1608000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
                        I've read you also need to "chmod +x autostart.sh" but I think it may work without setting the execute bit as I think it is invoked as an argument to the shell eg. "sh -c autostart.sh". (You can test your script by typing that at the command line)

Comment

thx bobones and no_spam_for_me..
                          working now

Edit:

ok the wierd part now is that even thos i did set 1608000 min_freq after a while it set down the cpu to 1200000.
                          Anyone knows why? Kerber?
                          Last edited by winomat; 01-21-2015, 19:23.

Comment

PVR working on my S89H

After months of trying to find a solution to stream live TV and with a guide at a reasonable cost, I have finally succeed. After trying several different Android TV boxes, I finally found that the newer quad core Amlogic plays all my over the air broadcast channels flawlessly.

However, I wanted more, I wanted to have 14 days of guide data. I also wanted to be able to pause and play and even record from one Android box without any extra devices. I knew these $100 US Android box had the power, but information on how to implement my expeditions is severely limited. So, with my two HDHomeRun tuners and my Android box, I got exactly what I wanted.

I installed OpenELEC (Linux version of XBMC) on my box. Since OpenELEC has the HDHomeRun drivers built in and tvheadend also built in, it was very easy to set up my PVR. I use mc2xml (a free program) to create my guide data, however, it only gives 12 days of guide data.

To test my setup, I recorded 3 channels, 2 SD and 1 HD all at the same time. While they were recording, I was channel surfing both SD and HD channels and they played flawlessly. My android box is connected to my A/V receiver, so I got real Dolby Digital surround sound from the HD channels. All my devices are connected via Ethernet.

I do not have an external USB hard drive, so I could not test recording to that. Since my Android box has 16 gig of RAM, I had 12gig available for recording. But the video quality is better than my cable box, and I like the guide much better on my Android box. It only takes 2 seconds for channel switching.

Here is my video showing what it looks like when I just got it running. Since then, I have improved it a little more.

Here is my latest video showing my PVR on my TV.

One more thing, since my box is now a TV server on my network, I can watch and record, pause and play on any device on my network.
                            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                              After months of trying to find a solution to stream live TV and with a guide at a reasonable cost, I have finally succeed. After trying several different Android TV boxes, I finally found that the newer quad core Amlogic plays all my over the air broadcast channels flawlessly.

Nice work, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by winomat View Post
                                thx bobones and no_spam_for_me..
                                working now

Edit:

ok the wierd part now is that even thos i did set 1608000 min_freq after a while it set down the cpu to 1200000.
                                Anyone knows why? Kerber?
                                Because the thermal throttling ignores the min_freq... means, if the SoC reaches a temperature where the kernel have to throttle under the min_freq the kernel will do so...
                                RK3288 Devices
                                - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                                - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                                UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                                Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                                Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                                Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Working...
                                X