X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccadi
    replied
    Originally posted by mboka View Post
    Thanks! I was sure I read the whole thread... Sorry for not seeing it :-)
    No problem, hope it helps

Leave a comment:

• mboka
    replied
    Thanks! I was sure I read the whole thread... Sorry for not seeing it :-)

Leave a comment:

• MikeD
    replied
    Originally posted by gazrob View Post
    Where do you get 5.0.6 files from please?

Leave a comment:

• ccadi
    replied
    Originally posted by mboka View Post
    Just installed 5.0.6 (S82), works fine so far. But when I switch off my TV, the box switches off too. That was no problem with 4.97 but since 5.0.3 it does not come out of suspend right. My MCE USB with Harmony is not working anymore, I have to restart with the sh*tty Original remote. That was something I could (and even more my wife :-) ) handle. But with 5.0.5 it totally freezes after reboot, I have to reset the power. Same thing with 5.0.6 :-(

Now I just want to prevent any automatic shutdown/suspend/whatever. The WAF is more important than a few cents for the power.

How do I do that? I searched the openelec forums etc. but no luck.

Thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

• gazrob
    replied
    Where do you get 5.0.6 files from please?

Leave a comment:

• mboka
    replied
    disable suspend/shutdown completely

Just installed 5.0.6 (S82), works fine so far. But when I switch off my TV, the box switches off too. That was no problem with 4.97 but since 5.0.3 it does not come out of suspend right. My MCE USB with Harmony is not working anymore, I have to restart with the sh*tty Original remote. That was something I could (and even more my wife :-) ) handle. But with 5.0.5 it totally freezes after reboot, I have to reset the power. Same thing with 5.0.6 :-(

Now I just want to prevent any automatic shutdown/suspend/whatever. The WAF is more important than a few cents for the power.

How do I do that? I searched the openelec forums etc. but no luck.

Thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

• dankec
    replied
    5.0.6 is out!

OpenELEC - The living room PC for everyone. Contribute to OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv development by creating an account on GitHub.

Leave a comment:

• dankec
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeD View Post
    I have no problem with non 3D movies. They play just fine.
    I got only blackscreen if Kodi wants to set GUI side-by-side or top-and-bottom to match 3D video file.

Anywhere in settings (don't know exactly right now) you can set "Ignore" 3D mode. But that only has an effect if you start a 3D video. For 2D it doesn't matter.

Maybe this is a common problem if Kodi wants to change video screen settings on movie beginning. Try to set same screen settings (resol. and fps) like video and test again.
    I have problems only when sys resolution is 1080p. With lower resolution no black screens appeared, but it's not that smooth when playing videos. Fi, 1080/24 videos are not nearly that smooth on 1080i or 720p sys resolution.

Leave a comment:

• MikeD
    replied
    I have no problem with non 3D movies. They play just fine.
    I got only blackscreen if Kodi wants to set GUI side-by-side or top-and-bottom to match 3D video file.

Anywhere in settings (don't know exactly right now) you can set "Ignore" 3D mode. But that only has an effect if you start a 3D video. For 2D it doesn't matter.

Maybe this is a common problem if Kodi wants to change video screen settings on movie beginning. Try to set same screen settings (resol. and fps) like video and test again.

Leave a comment:

• dankec
    replied
    What do mean with "black screen" bug? On boot or on starting a video?

I got black screen (more exactly losing video output, sound is still playing) if I want to start a 3D movie and want use 3D GUI. If I set in Kodi to ignore 3D mode I have no problem.
    I could also set 3D mode (SBS or TAB) before starting the movie. Then it works with 3D GUI.

That is for me currently the most annoying bug.

When I start a video. Video is playing, but I have no picture...
    I'm not interested in 3D so "ignoring 3D mode" will be a solution for me, if then everything else is fine...
    How did you force kodi to ignore 3D?

Leave a comment:

• MikeD
    replied
    What do mean with "black screen" bug? On boot or on starting a video?

I got black screen (more exactly losing video output, sound is still playing) if I want to start a 3D movie and want use 3D GUI. If I set in Kodi to ignore 3D mode I have no problem.
    I could also set 3D mode (SBS or TAB) before starting the movie. Then it works with 3D GUI.

That is for me currently the most annoying bug.

Leave a comment:

• dankec
    replied
    No, I just installed the S82 version from recovery without wiping anything.
    In his method he made a factory reset so you will lose all your settings if you do that.

BTW: He just installs mx3 version before s82. These two files (recovery.img and factory_update_param.aml) are optional and don't have to be used. If you have recovery.img in root of sdcard your box will boot into this recovery instead of recovery on flash which will be installed with every rom (open a image zip and you see recovery.img).
    The other file is just for automatic flashing. If you open this file with text editor you see that it defines which zip image should be flashed on start of recovery. If this zip isn't found it doesn't do anything.

Be sure to use latest recovery (extract from latest openelec) to install zip. Maybe you have an old version in root of sd and that could cause problems too.
    Thanks, MikeD! With this version form 6th of March I have no problem installing.
    But there's still "black screen" bug which appears occasionally and only when system resolution in 1080p

Leave a comment:

• vermillion
    replied
    Originally posted by Ichijoe View Post
    Stupid question time... Are you a 100% sure that its a 2G, and not a 1G version?
    Does your Device have both 802.11a, and Bluetooth 4.0? If so the its definitely the 2G version.
    If not... Then its just the 1G version.
    It's the 2G With Bluetooth
    Edit, Sorry i thought you were asking me

Leave a comment:

• Ichijoe
    replied
    Originally posted by giglife View Post
    I have a MXIII branded to HausBell dont know if this means anything, Its a 2GB ram version.
    I have downloaded a bunch of the OPENELEC images with the name MX3 in the file name. NONE will work. I get boot logo for about 4 secs and then black screen. the box just does nothing. I can then recovery and reflash to a working stock or another rom.
    I even tested : OpenELEC-Amlogic.S82.arm <--- bad move after flashing this image the system folder seemed to have moved. anything I did after that would = ERROR 7 and abort the install.
    I then used USB BURNER TOOL to reflash the box to a stock M82_108k4.img , That was fine. right after it flashed it rebooted.

So my list
    OpenELEC-Amlogic.MX3.arm-4.97.2 to OpenELEC-Amlogic.MX3.arm-5.0.3
    I have tested and all result in a blackscreen after the boot logo

anyone know whats up
    Stupid question time... Are you a 100% sure that its a 2G, and not a 1G version?
    Does your Device have both 802.11a, and Bluetooth 4.0? If so the its definitely the 2G version.
    If not... Then its just the 1G version.

Leave a comment:

• vermillion
    replied
    In my case to get out of black screen and back to working Openelec I had to factory reset. I tried to do it without but Openelec would not fully boot. This was all on a MXIII 2G so black screen boots on other devices may need differing methods.
    PS you may be able to restore your settings by using ftp to replace your userdata folder in .kodi/userdata/ with a backup if you have one. I have not tried this so it would be at your own risk..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X