X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e123enitan
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeD View Post
    On www.amlinux.ru/image you can find different images for S82 (S89) round devices. Working without problem here (OE 5.0.3).
    Hi MD, I am considering upgrading from 5.0.3 > 5.0.5 (round box S89 Tronsmart), my question is, is it safe at this point to upgrade? I noted in the thread that users have issues with remotes following an upgrade, apology if I have misconstrued the issue with upgrade

Secondly what is diff between these 2 anyway? I am wondering if it worth the efforts, as I don’t want to make mess of my box, I spend hrs setting up in the first place.

Thirdly
    I have two of these box one elite and with H, I can safely use both remotes interchangeable with any issues, only thin I have noted is my TV samsung >CEC<openelec, I could power off the box with Samsung remote but couldn't power up the box, so I have to use the S89 remote. For me it is not an issue, but it would be nice having a single remote (Samsung) to do all the navigating any solution for this?

Appreciate your supports

Leave a comment:

• EGM92
    replied
    I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to linux. I know how to ssh into devices but when it comes to commands I don't know left from right.

I have an MXIII 2GB installed with a Openelec 5.0.5 it's working pretty solid. I'm trying to get some NHL streams to work, but I need to get java installed as editing the hosts files. Does anyone have a through tutorial or can give me a hand? I'd really appreciate the help.

Leave a comment:

• MikeD
    replied
    I would install the original Android rom and transfer the /etc/remote.conf to your PC. Then install openelec again and do the same. Those two files should be different if your remote doesn't work in OE but in Android. If they are different you could place the one from Android in /storage/.conf in OE and reboot. Maybe the remote works then.
    If they are identical I really don't know why they don't work.

And I want to make clear that I've never said that all S82/S89 remotes have to work. I've just said that until now you're the only one who got problems with that.
    Because you've said that the S82 releases from amlinux.ru don't work with original remotes I just wanted to say that this is not the common case.

If the manufacturers are shipping now different kinds of RCs it's clear that those new ones don't work in OE. Those images are build for one RC with a specific factory ir code. Maybe there are also some same looking RCs with different factory codes. I really can't know that. I have just one box.

And I have to say that I only know this from my experiences with editing the remote.conf to use OE with another RC. I'm not an expert on this and could be wrong about some points.

Leave a comment:

• wpb
    replied
    @MikeD -
    Back to our conversation about remotes. Strictly for academic purposes, I ordered two M8's / S82's during our conversation. They arrived today.

Strange thing is, they now appear to be shipping with a different remote (notice the clear power-button on the right with TV-remote (not M8 box) features associated with it):

Ignore the box itself, that is not the box I purchased, simply the only box I could find on Google Images that contains the new remote I wanted to show you.

Here's where it gets interesting..

You know how you said I was completely wrong, how all the remotes are the same, I'm the only one with the issue, etc?

The original S89 remotes (as we've discussed in the past), on all 4 of the S89 boxes, register NOTHING when I'm debugging in the OpenElec ROM. No IR commands whatsoever, including testing without the MCE receiver. Nothing has changed with that original issue.

Here's where it gets interesting...

Those same, original, S89 remotes *do indeed* register IR codes when I use them on the OpenElec ROM installed on the new S82 boxes.

However .. The *new* remotes, which worked great in recovery and the original Android ROM, *do not* work in the OpenElec ROM. In addition, there is no input recognized whatsoever in debug mode in OE.

In summary, I spent $170 to prove what I already knew -- but you caused me to wonder if maybe I was just crazy and somehow was unlucky enough to receive 4 flawed boxes.

The S89 box (without MCE receiver plugged-in) did not work with the original remotes that look identical to all other S89 boxes, not in OE. Yet that S89 remote does work fine with that remote when running the original Android ROM (Mediabox).

The new S82 boxes work with the S89 remote, but not this strange new remote shown above, yet that new remote does indeed work with the original Android ROM (Mediabox).

There is evidently some minor difference in either the IR receiver or some strange timing/compatibility issue. I don't proclaim to know the answer, but it's not as simple as "all S82/S89 remotes work".

To be clear .. I'm not talking about remotes that look different, of course those have differences -- but in remotes that look identical there can be differences, evidently. I've now tested on 6 boxes with very consistent results. Not everyone has the problem, sure. Maybe it has to do with different manufacturing runs, I don't know.

What I do know, is that I've spent a lot of time and money to prove this and it would be great if you'd agree: there may be an issue with remote compatibility beyond the scope of your knowledge, and that the S82 OE builds do not necessarily work with all S89 boxes despite the remotes looking identical.

With this experiment behind and moving on...

The problem is that I have no idea what to do considering no IR codes are being received by OpenElec. I know the remote is working great, I just go back into recovery and it works fine, so it's OE specifically.

But if there are no codes being received in debug mode, what is the next step to enable this remote in OpenElec?

Leave a comment:

• EGM92
    replied
    If you want to go back to Android just flash your zip in recovery with "update from EXT" like you have done with openelec. After flashing Android rom you have to make factory reset in recovery before you reboot the box.

If you don't want to lose your kodi database you have to use addon "xbmc backup". Backup all your files to SD card or transfer it via ftp to your pc. In Android you can restore it again with this addon.
    Awesome, thank you, you're a great help.

Leave a comment:

• MikeD
    replied
    If you want to go back to Android just flash your zip in recovery with "update from EXT" like you have done with openelec. After flashing Android rom you have to make factory reset in recovery before you reboot the box.

If you don't want to lose your kodi database you have to use addon "xbmc backup". Backup all your files to SD card or transfer it via ftp to your pc. In Android you can restore it again with this addon.

Leave a comment:

• EGM92
    replied
    Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
    Doduong had similar problems getting back to Android from OpenELEC, here is his solution.

Read this link and maybe it may work for you.
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...mlogic-devices

First, I convert the stock recovery S82B to tar file and put in openElec sharing update folder-Reboot-Reboot. The I use your instruction for OpenELEC hard reset. Bingo, I flash back to Finless 2.1

Stock recovery in flashable zip:
    - Beelink S82b (108k4)
    - Beelink S82b (109k4)
    -
    Tomato M8 updated
    -
    Minix X8-h beta9 r2

Edit, these roms are for those boxes, you will need the rom for your box.
    Sorry I'm a bit confused. That link was just for TWRP on AMlogic boxes, is there a specific post I should be looking at? I searched and didn't find any posts by Doduong in that thread. I'm not sure what openelec sharing update folder-reboot-reboot is.. Sorry I'm just a little lost.

I have the correct ROM for my box. I've extracted it, found the recovery file. I samba'd into my box. I can access any of the folders required, I'm guessing the update folder is the \\IP\Update folder in samba. I'm not sure what Openelec hard reset is.

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    Originally posted by EGM92 View Post
    I know what box I have MXIII 2GB. I've tried getting into recovery via the toothpick method with no avail. I put the firmware files on my microSD, pressed and held the recovery button, pressed the power then it just keeps restarting to the Amlogic screen.
    Doduong had similar problems getting back to Android from OpenELEC, here is his solution.

Read this link and maybe it may work for you.
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...mlogic-devices

First, I convert the stock recovery S82B to tar file and put in openElec sharing update folder-Reboot-Reboot. The I use your instruction for OpenELEC hard reset. Bingo, I flash back to Finless 2.1

Stock recovery in flashable zip:
    - Beelink S82b (108k4)
    - Beelink S82b (109k4)
    -
    Tomato M8 updated
    -
    Minix X8-h beta9 r2

Edit, these roms are for those boxes, you will need the rom for your box.

Leave a comment:

• EGM92
    replied
    Originally posted by wpb View Post
    @EGM92 - Yes, you have a few options. Boot to the custom recovery and backup your current system before installing (highly recommended), or just make sure you have a compatible ROM prior to flashing this. If you do, you can restore back to your compatible ROM with settings overwritten.

First thing you need to know is which specific box/chipset (and partition structure) you have, to determine which ROM you'll use.
    I know what box I have MXIII 2GB. I've tried getting into recovery via the toothpick method with no avail. I put the firmware files on my microSD, pressed and held the recovery button, pressed the power then it just keeps restarting to the Amlogic screen.

Leave a comment:

• wpb
    replied
    Originally posted by EGM92 View Post
    Is it possible to restore and go back to android after installing this?
    @EGM92 - Yes, you have a few options. Boot to the custom recovery and backup your current system before installing (highly recommended), or just make sure you have a compatible ROM prior to flashing this. If you do, you can restore back to your compatible ROM with settings overwritten.

First thing you need to know is which specific box/chipset (and partition structure) you have, to determine which ROM you'll use.

Leave a comment:

• EGM92
    replied
    Is it possible to restore and go back to android after installing this?

Leave a comment:

• wpb
    replied
    I'm sure your most recent post where you went through your debug ideas, can be very helpful, no doubt.

I did test without the MCE receiver plugged-in. I haven't tested that again in some time .. I think the last time I tested it I was running 4.97. I'll test again and post here if better results in 5.0.5.

Leave a comment:

• MikeD
    replied
    If you don't want to use original remote than I don't need to help you get it working.
    But I think my posts could help others struggling with remote configs and help to understand how it works.

Prior to you posting, I had setup logging and went through the log to look for any IR codes. I had nothing from the built-in IR. My only codes are from a USB receiver I have plugged-in for an MCE remote.
    Just to be sure but you already tried debugging without any usb receiver plugged in? Maybe this overrides internal ir receiver and only usb is used...

Leave a comment:

• wpb
    replied
    And what box do you have exactly? In this thread you said Tronsmart and in the other M8:

Does your remote really looks like these on your photos?
    If you notice, I posted the exact same image in all cases, that is the box I have, the Tronsmart S89. The problem, when I posted "M8" was that I was going by what others wrote in the post, thinking the term "m8" was the generic term being used for this box. That post was prior to my investigating the nuances between s802 boxes and learning that the S89 is indeed its own beast.

I technically have four S89, which is an s802B, plus two 812's as mentioned previously in the thread.

Prior to you posting, I had setup logging and went through the log to look for any IR codes. I had nothing from the built-in IR. My only codes are from a USB receiver I have plugged-in for an MCE remote.

Fortunately, as part of this process, it occurred to me that I could map the CEC-Power button to disable it. I was able to do that and have disabled CEC power-save. Now that CEC-power save is disabled, I don't need to determine the reason the Russian builds will not work with my S89 boxes. I would continue the fight if it would help others, but you seem to be certain that I'm the only person to have issues with this, so I might as well be happy with disabling CEC.

For anyone that stumbles on this post, my solution to disabling CEC Power-Save was to add a standard keymap ( \storage\.kodi\userdata\keymaps\keyboard.xml ) with the CEC key ID that I found from logging.

After having some trouble with this and talking to others, I tried using the Keymap Plugin for Kodi and that worked as well.

For anyone finding this thread by searching, the following code gives you an example of how I disabled the power-button with a simple keymap. Just keep in mind your "Key ID" will be different. This particular one comes from a 70" Sharp Aquos TV:

Code:
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace]<keymap>[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace]  <global>[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace]    <keyboard>[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace]     <key id="[/FONT][/COLOR]61662[COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace]">Stop</key>[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace]    </keyboard>[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace]  </global>[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace]  [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace]</keymap>[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Hope that can help someone else out there with the CEC issue. I see it posted frequently on the Russian forums.

Thanks to @MikeD for his input on the remote issue. Unfortunately for me, the S89 build and debug logs don't show any activity, but I've always used the MCE remote and only needed the native remote for purposes of restoring power, which is no longer an issue now that I was able to use the keymap.

Leave a comment:

• MikeD
    replied
    It sounds like with your emulated setup you are the definitive expert on the topic.

I'm so glad to run across someone that knows so definitively that these work. What a great relief to learn that it's just my four boxes that are bad, and the entire remainder of the world has no issue.

Being that you've got so much background on this, can you show me the information of all the others ("everyone") posting about how the S89 802B works great with the S82 builds? I didn't realize that everyone is running around posting about how the remote works great on the S802B S89 box and I'm the only one with the issue, and worse yet, that I happened to get FOUR boxes with this same problem.
    I know that many people use these S82 builds and nobody had problems so far with RC besides you. They won't say explicitly that their RC works because that should be normal for an image of their devices.

But here you can see, someone was confirming this who got problems before with codesnakes M8 builds:

And what box do you have exactly? In this thread you said Tronsmart and in the other M8:

Does your remote really looks like these on your photos?

If you copy the remote.conf from /etc to /storage/.conf, open it and set "debug_enable = 1" you can see after a reboot in dmesg if your box receive any ir signals from your RC. Just start a ssh session, hit some buttons and exec "dmesg".
    If debug_enable is already set to 1 you don't need to copy it. I don't know what is standard setting.

The following is an example of remote.conf and should be the original one.
    The factory code in first line sets the specific ir code which every RC has. With changing that you can use any other RC you want to. The other codes after "key_begin" define every button on the RC.
    So without having a remote.conf for your RC you can just build your one by getting first your factory code and then every button code from dmesg if debug is enabled.

Code:
    # Visson S82 / Beelink S82 remote
    factory_code= 0x7f800001 
    work_mode  = 0
    repeat_enable = 1
    release_delay= 121
    debug_enable = 1
    reg_control= 0xfbe40

key_begin
    0x51 116;POWER
    0x4d 66;MUTE
    0x09 61;MEDIA
    0x11 60;MUSIC
    0x56 74;VOL-
    0xbd 51;MEDIA_PREVIOUS
    0xbb 52;MEDIA_NEXT
    0x4e 78;VOL+
    0x53 1;HOME
    0x1b 14;EXIT
    0x25 105;LEFT
    0x26 103;UP
    0x27 106;RIGHT
    0x28 108;DOWN
    0x0d 28;OK
    0x49 46;MENU
    0x31 2;NUM1
    0x32 3;NUM2
    0x33 4;NUM3
    0x34 5;NUM4
    0x35 6;NUM5
    0x36 7;NUM6
    0x37 8;NUM7
    0x38 9;NUM8
    0x39 10;NUM9
    0x30 11;NUM0
    0x44 111;DEL   
    key_end
    Last edited by MikeD; 03-10-2015, 08:56.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X