Clear All

• giglife
    replied
    i was just wondering if it can be cached to a diffrent location
    i ratter not have the cache be using the internal storage

Leave a comment:

• MikeD
    replied
    1/2GB of RAM and internal flash is big enough for buffering and faster than any usb drive or sdcard. So why would you want that?

Leave a comment:

• giglife
    replied
    can we buffer cache to a diffrent location.
    I would like to have the SD card or USB drive in the unit be able to cache the buffer.
    I know the advanced.xml but how and can this device support caching to a 2nd location.
    I would like not to cache to the internal memory.

I would like to take a 8GB SD or 8GB pen drive and cache to it

Leave a comment:

• vermillion
    replied
    Originally posted by vermillion View Post

I think the problem may be to do with the userid and group id that will own files on the filesystem.
    what is in the fstab of a working version of openelec with sd write access.
    I am completely wrong with what I have said previously. I have noticed that the SD card shows as 0 bytes even though I have files on it and can see them so this may be the reason it is not writable. ( no space to write to)

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied

I think the problem may be to do with the userid and group id that will own files on the filesystem.
    I am back to Android now, and will reinstall OpenELEC Monday.

Leave a comment:

• vermillion
    replied
    Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
    I am a newbie with Linux, but I tried to ssh into the box using putty, but could not find a way to change permissions on that external SD card.

thanks for your information.

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    Mac address is fixed
    But sd card is not writeable, may be fixable via ssh permissions?
    I am a newbie with Linux, but I tried to ssh into the box using putty, but could not find a way to change permissions on that external SD card.

thanks for your information.

Leave a comment:

• vermillion
    replied
    Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
    Can you write to the micro SD card with this update?

Does the mac address change with a reboot?
    Mac address is fixed
    But sd card is not writeable, may be fixable via ssh permissions?

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    Version 5.0.5 s82 dated today the 06/03/2013 is working great for me on my MXIII 2G. With Power menu and full shutdown working.
    I did have black screen at boot but this worked for me:
    copy mx3 openelec to sd card with the recovery.img but without the " factory_update_param.aml " I used (OpenELEC-Amlogic.MX3.arm-devel-20150113192703-r20272-g0481f0c-update) but I thing any mx3 version should work.
    Place in MXIII and boot using toothpick method
    In recovery select factory reset
    once complete, select update from external sd card and select the openelec mx3 file.
    Then reboot system
    MXIII should now boot.
    Now flash the s82 version using all three files and let it do it all automatically.
    It should now boot up.
    Can you write to the micro SD card with this update?

Does the mac address change with a reboot?

Leave a comment:

• vermillion
    replied
    Version 5.0.5 s82 dated today the 06/03/2013 is working great for me on my MXIII 2G. With Power menu and full shutdown working.
    I did have black screen at boot but this worked for me:
    copy mx3 openelec to sd card with the recovery.img but without the " factory_update_param.aml " I used (OpenELEC-Amlogic.MX3.arm-devel-20150113192703-r20272-g0481f0c-update) but I thing any mx3 version should work.
    Place in MXIII and boot using toothpick method
    In recovery select factory reset
    once complete, select update from external sd card and select the openelec mx3 file.
    Then reboot system
    MXIII should now boot.
    Now flash the s82 version using all three files and let it do it all automatically.
    It should now boot up.

Leave a comment:

• MikeD
    replied
    Originally posted by pelops View Post
    1. You say that, while in S82 version, copy the M8 update tar to /storage/update folder and reboot?
    2. there is no .tar file, only m8...zip (clear instalation -toothpeek method) and m8....update.zip ( I don't know how to use that ).
    You're right. There is no .tar for M8.
    Then try installing M8...update.zip just like you do with normal zip file. I think the M8 version have to work. Others say in official thread on xbmc.ru that it does.

@Scooby-Doo
    I don't have any problems with OpenELEC. For me the big advantage is that I can install tvheadend backend and use the device as a all-in-one media center incl. live tv.
    Others say that openelec runs more smooth instead of Android Kodi. But I can't say because I can't remember how it was in Android. And because I'm only use this box for Kodi it's nice to not see any Android launcher. Last time I've installed Android, XBMC launcher wasn't working well.

Leave a comment:

• Scooby-Doo
    replied
    Originally posted by pelops View Post
    1. You say that, while in S82 version, copy the M8 update tar to /storage/update folder and reboot?
    2. there is no .tar file, only m8...zip (clear instalation -toothpeek method) and m8....update.zip ( I don't know how to use that ).
    So guys, what is the advantage of open elec, if so many things donĀ“t function at all?
    With finless 2.1 and Kodi 15 Beta I get perfect VOD-streaming results (something betwwen DVD and blueray qualitiy) on S82b. And everything functions without any need of comlicated configuration.

Leave a comment:

• pelops
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MikeD
    replied
    You could use original remote.conf from the stock firmware (or from M8 openelec) and place it in /storage/.conf. Then this will load on every booting and you can use your RC with openelec. But you won't be able to boot the box with your original remote because that is fixed to a remote in every build and can't be changed.
    Try updating to the M8 version by placing the update.tar in /storage/update and reboot. Maybe that works without freezes.

Leave a comment:

• pelops
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeD View Post
    Use this version:

This is build for M8 and your remote should work with it.
    I have allready tried this version but the device freezes after the first configuration screen.
    With the s82 version the device works perfect except the rc which is not so problem because of sec and I prefer that. I wnder if I could replace the "remote.conf" file from the m8 version, will it works?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X