X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dish500
    replied
    Need Openelec for MXIII 2g

Hey everyone, need help. I have MXIII box with 2gb ram. Looking for latest OpenELEC for my box. I'm running on 112k4 firmware. Everything seems to be fine, except from time to time XBMC reset itself to the default. That's why I'm looking to flush this box with different firmware. Can someone point me to the right place? Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• xoexpireu
    replied
    left it on overnight with live stream running. Checked it in morning stream was no loner playing but

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
    I am using my S89H as a stand alone DVR so I leave it powered on all the time. If I change sources while it is streaming a TV channel then come back to it, it is still streaming that live TV channel. It never freezes or locks up. I am also running OpenELEC 5.0. The stock remote will power it on and off.
    left it on overnight with live stream running. Checked it in morning stream was no loner playing but I was able to wake up the box now by hitting the home button. then I pressed and held the power button it turned off pressed and held power button again and it actually turned on. Did a complete system shutdown then held power button in again and to my surprise it actually turned back on. I'm not sure what the problem was yesterday but it is working today lol. so openelec S82 5.0 works great thats all i need for now. as far as the stream not playing when i wake-up that's not a big deal I just wanted to see if it would continuously run overnight without fail. My guess is that its not openelec failing its the stream I was watching was on CLIQ NJ news 12 it was over wifi so anything could have happened. not a big deal. I'm able to get through an entire movie now and power on off fast forward rewind and all that good stuff it plays on all the video settings 1080 1080p 1080i pretty damb good no problems now. I wish this mxiii had a gigabit Ethernet port on it I have some super fast internet 120 down some streams would be a crap load faster but its all good.
    Thankz
    Last edited by xoexpireu; 02-07-2015, 13:12. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    Originally posted by xoexpireu View Post
    I've read a few post but not clear if anyone got original remote to power box on? I have my remote working for everything else but does not power the unit back on after powered off. I know this was asked before but I didnt see any real answers or how to do it?

MX iii working much better now with S82 5.0
    I did leave a live stream on today before I left for work and powered tv off when I had my wife check it three hours later live stream stopped box had screen saver on dimmed and was unresponsive had to unplug power and back on not sure if there is a fix for that but thought i'd put it out there.
    Thankz
    I am using my S89H as a stand alone DVR so I leave it powered on all the time. If I change sources while it is streaming a TV channel then come back to it, it is still streaming that live TV channel. It never freezes or locks up. I am also running OpenELEC 5.0. The stock remote will power it on and off.

Leave a comment:

• xoexpireu
    replied
    I've read a few post but not clear if anyone got original remote to power box on?

I've read a few post but not clear if anyone got original remote to power box on? I have my remote working for everything else but does not power the unit back on after powered off. I know this was asked before but I didnt see any real answers or how to do it?

MX iii working much better now with S82 5.0
    I did leave a live stream on today before I left for work and powered tv off when I had my wife check it three hours later live stream stopped box had screen saver on dimmed and was unresponsive had to unplug power and back on not sure if there is a fix for that but thought i'd put it out there.
    Thankz

Leave a comment:

• freezer2k
    replied
    Hi guys,

I got an MXQ S85 from Gearbest a few days ago.
    My case looks different from the pics on their website, it's all matte, not shiny at all. New revision?

Only used it very briefly with stock firmware (seemed to work okay), now flashed this amlinux.ru image:

I'm having a few issues though, can you guys confirm this is 'normal' at this point, or am I facing a hardware defect?
    Also tried to post in xbmc.ru forums, but did not get a registration mail, so only read access for me

Issues:

- When playing BluRay over network, I'm getting a black screen for a split second, a few times per minute. Only for the video playing, OSD is still visible. MKV/h264 don't have this issue.
    - XBMC framerate (pressing o) varies all the time from like 17 to 34fps; movie seems to look okay though.
    - CEC is very flaky and stops working completely after a while, this seems to be a known issues.
    - Ethernet failed completely when i left the box running over night. reboot brought it back.

- I had audio dropouts when watching a movie, like a few seconds sound, then a few seconds not; or stuttering. This even continued after a reboot, after leaving the box idle for like 20min, i could watch a whole 90min movie without problems. I thought this could be an overheating issue, but at least according to the temp. sensor the box stays quite cool during playback:
    MXQ:~ # cat /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp

At the moment it seems fine, having a little crackling noise sometimes, but no dropouts.
    I read some boxes have issues with badly soldered HDMI connector, could this be it? The video does not drop out though.

- Optical SPDIF does not seem to work at all, even though dmesg would suggest so, no sound out of there. It works fine in Android.

Leave a comment:

• MikeD
    replied
    OpenELEC for s82, M8, MXIII, Tronsmart S89

Originally posted by d3ft View Post
    My current setup is a Win7 box running MediaPortal backend and XBMC front-end. The tuner is connected directly via ethernet while I get internet via wifi. I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to recreate this setup on my S89, except replacing MediaPortal with TVHeadend.

Can the S89 running OpenELEC not assign an IP address perhaps? Seems a bit weird.
    I think the problem is that openelec can only use one ethernet adapter at the same time.
    If you want to use the tuner directly connected to your backend both ip addresses have to be in the same range (e.g. 192.168.1.*). I don't have a hdhomerun but that is the normal case for communication in networks.
    But when you use WiFi on openelec you can't manually set an ip address for your wired connection, right?

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    My current setup is a Win7 box running MediaPortal backend and XBMC front-end. The tuner is connected directly via ethernet while I get internet via wifi. I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to recreate this setup on my S89, except replacing MediaPortal with TVHeadend.

Can the S89 running OpenELEC not assign an IP address perhaps? Seems a bit weird.
    That could be the reason, not really sure. But if you verify that it will see your tuner by WiFi, then you can go from there.

Leave a comment:

• d3ft
    replied
    I have read that before but don't recall where. I am old and my memory is not very good. If your router is in a different room, how do you get internet to your computer? One way to verify if plugging directly into your box is the problem, disconnect the Ethernet from your box and do your setup using WiFi. Just remember your WiFi connection will have a different IP address.

I will almost bet you will see your tuner in the config page on your browser.

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    made it through one full movie firat time in a long time and it recognizes wifi so far so good s82 5.0 on mx iii working good so far ill keep testing.
    Good news.

Leave a comment:

• xoexpireu
    replied
    woohoo made it thrpugh one full movie an hour 37 minutes no reboots ill keep testing so far so good s82 5.0 on mx iii working

loaded s82 5.0 running it now keeping fingers crossed
    made it through one full movie firat time in a long time and it recognizes wifi so far so good s82 5.0 on mx iii working good so far ill keep testing.

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    Hmm that is interesting. My current Windows based setup has the HDHR plugged in directly using a MediaPortal back-end and works perfectly through XBMC. Is there some reasoning behind why you think it should be run through the router?

Given my router is in a different room to my aerial, I'd much prefer to hardwire it rather than have to stream the feed over wifi.
    I have read that before but don't recall where. I am old and my memory is not very good. If your router is in a different room, how do you get internet to your computer? One way to verify if plugging directly into your box is the problem, disconnect the Ethernet from your box and do your setup using WiFi. Just remember your WiFi connection will have a different IP address.

I will almost bet you will see your tuner in the config page on your browser.

Leave a comment:

• d3ft
    replied
    It is my understanding that most devices should go through a router or Ethernet switches. I have all my devices going through switches then to the router. I have three 5 port switches in different locations, but only one connection to my router. One of my tuners connect one switch, and the other tuner to a different switch. From my understanding, connecting the tuner directly to your box will not work.
    Hmm that is interesting. My current Windows based setup has the HDHR plugged in directly using a MediaPortal back-end and works perfectly through XBMC. Is there some reasoning behind why you think it should be run through the router?

Given my router is in a different room to my aerial, I'd much prefer to hardwire it rather than have to stream the feed over wifi.

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    So just to confirm, the tuner is connected directly to your OpenELEC box via ethernet? Given it's a direct connection, the router should have no part in it anyway.
    It is my understanding that most devices should go through a router or Ethernet switches. I have all my devices going through switches then to the router. I have three 5 port switches in different locations, but only one connection to my router. One of my tuners connect one switch, and the other tuner to a different switch. From my understanding, connecting the tuner directly to your box will not work.

Leave a comment:

• d3ft
    replied
    Yes it detected both my tuners right away. I don't recall, if I had to open any ports on my router. Check your router ports, and also make sure your firewall is not blocking it. I do have ports 9981 and 9982 opened on my router that I opened, but can't remember why I opened them.
    So just to confirm, the tuner is connected directly to your OpenELEC box via ethernet? Given it's a direct connection, the router should have no part in it anyway.

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    I'm accessing the TVheadened interface from another PC on the network so there's no issues there.

I tried with an without the config file so I don't think that is the problem.

You just plugged yours in and it worked straight away? No setup in OpenELEC required?
    Yes it detected both my tuners right away. I don't recall, if I had to open any ports on my router. Check your router ports, and also make sure your firewall is not blocking it. I do have ports 9981 and 9982 opened on my router that I opened, but can't remember why I opened them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X