• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xoexpireu
    replied
    loaded and running s82 now keeping fingers crossed

Originally posted by MikeD View Post
    Yes, S82 is also the same than S89. If you have 2GB model better try the S82 version.
    loaded s82 5.0 running it now keeping fingers crossed

Leave a comment:

• d3ft
    replied
    Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
    My oldest HDHomeRun tuner is an HDHR3. And no problems at all. In your configuration page did you setup a network?

I did not have to add an additional HDHomeRun config file.
    I'm accessing the TVheadened interface from another PC on the network so there's no issues there.

I tried with an without the config file so I don't think that is the problem.

You just plugged yours in and it worked straight away? No setup in OpenELEC required?

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    Originally posted by d3ft View Post
    I've installed the HDHomerun drivers, the TVheadend backend as well as the TVheadened PVR add-on. I can access the web interface at localhost:9981 but my tuners don't show up in the tuner tab. The config file is the one referenced at the OpenELEC wiki for the HDHomerun driver. It tells you to copy info from the sample file and replace the default device ID with the one written on the bottom on the tuner box.

The network connections info in OpenELEC settings shows I've made an ethernet connection to my HDHomerun but I can't see any evidence of OpenELEC seeing the tuner. I've tried all manner of disabling and re-enabling each add-on and still no joy.

Does the driver work for all HDHomerun versions or only the newer ones? I have the old DVB-T dual tuner.
    My oldest HDHomeRun tuner is an HDHR3. And no problems at all. In your configuration page did you setup a network?

I did not have to add an additional HDHomeRun config file.

Leave a comment:

• d3ft
    replied
    Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
    What config file? You did install tvheadend? You did access the configuration page using your web browser, by typing in your IP address with :9981? If tvheadend configuration page on your computer web browser does not show your tuners, go into the system settings on Kodi running on your OpenELEC box, and disable tvheadend and wait a couple of seconds and then enable it. The configuration page on your web browser should show the HDHomeRun tuners.
    I've installed the HDHomerun drivers, the TVheadend backend as well as the TVheadened PVR add-on. I can access the web interface at localhost:9981 but my tuners don't show up in the tuner tab. The config file is the one referenced at the OpenELEC wiki for the HDHomerun driver. It tells you to copy info from the sample file and replace the default device ID with the one written on the bottom on the tuner box.

The network connections info in OpenELEC settings shows I've made an ethernet connection to my HDHomerun but I can't see any evidence of OpenELEC seeing the tuner. I've tried all manner of disabling and re-enabling each add-on and still no joy.

Does the driver work for all HDHomerun versions or only the newer ones? I have the old DVB-T dual tuner.

Leave a comment:

• vermillion
    replied
    I am using the S82 version on my MX3 2G and think it's very good, the wifi and the ram are used in this version. the only problems I have come across so far is if you shut down from the menu it will reboot. and if you suspend from the menu it will appear to suspend but is not able to awaken, you have to cycle the power to regain the box.
    Am I able to edit keymap to address these problems. If suspend is a problem can I just remove the option from the GUI.
    PS using: OpenELEC-Amlogic.S82.arm-devel-20150130094357-r20557-g8fc79be-update.zip
    CPU temperature is much lower in this build I think.

Leave a comment:

• MikeD
    replied
    OpenELEC for s82, M8, MXIII, Tronsmart S89

Originally posted by xoexpireu View Post
    im using my phone to browse these pages but on page 9 theres a post from slappy saying to use s82 5.0 on the mxiii 2g version can anyone confirm this i will try tonight when i get home?
    Yes, S82 is also the same than S89. If you have 2GB model better try the S82 version.

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    Originally posted by d3ft View Post
    Firstly, great work from all involved. I've got 5.0 installed and everything is working beautifully - except I can't get my HDHomerun connected no matter what I try.

I've seen a few posters who have managed to get one working, can you post exactly what you did?

I have the HDHomerun drivers installed and have copied the sample conf file but my tuner just refuses to show up.
    What config file? You did install tvheadend? You did access the configuration page using your web browser, by typing in your IP address with :9981? If tvheadend configuration page on your computer web browser does not show your tuners, go into the system settings on Kodi running on your OpenELEC box, and disable tvheadend and wait a couple of seconds and then enable it. The configuration page on your web browser should show the HDHomeRun tuners.

Leave a comment:

• xoexpireu
    replied
    if u go back to page 9 on this thread post from slappy says use s82 5.0 for mxiiii

Originally posted by gendo View Post
    s89 is for 2g box whilst mxiii is for 1g box
    im using my phone to browse these pages but on page 9 theres a post from slappy saying to use s82 5.0 on the mxiii 2g version can anyone confirm this i will try tonight when i get home?

Leave a comment:

• d3ft
    replied
    HDHomerun

Firstly, great work from all involved. I've got 5.0 installed and everything is working beautifully - except I can't get my HDHomerun connected no matter what I try.

I've seen a few posters who have managed to get one working, can you post exactly what you did?

I have the HDHomerun drivers installed and have copied the sample conf file but my tuner just refuses to show up.

Leave a comment:

• gendo
    replied
    5.0 stiil reboots reflashed 4973 still going strong I just read in some earlier posts people flashed s89 on the mx III 4k 2g and its running I think im going to try that tomorrow and see what happens. thinking mx3 was built for 1g version with different wifi chip. almost ready to throw in towel on these cheap boxes and get a zotac zbox or a gigabyte brix i dont want to spend hours and hours on this with no progress.
    s89 is for 2g box whilst mxiii is for 1g box

Leave a comment:

• xoexpireu
    replied
    5.0 stiil reboots reflashed 4973 still going strong

keeping my one box on 5.0 and the other on 4.9.7.3 been running another movie on 5.0 for an hour now no reboots yet ill keep testing but no wifi on it has to be hardwired.
    started from scratch on my other box fresh install 4.9.7.3 going to start testing in a minute

5.0 stiil reboots reflashed 4973 still going strong I just read in some earlier posts people flashed s89 on the mx III 4k 2g and its running I think im going to try that tomorrow and see what happens. thinking mx3 was built for 1g version with different wifi chip. almost ready to throw in towel on these cheap boxes and get a zotac zbox or a gigabyte brix i dont want to spend hours and hours on this with no progress.

Leave a comment:

• xoexpireu
    replied
    keeping my one box on 5.0 and the other on 4.9.7.3

flashing back to custom m8 4.9.7.3 at least that recognizes the box properly
    keeping my one box on 5.0 and the other on 4.9.7.3 been running another movie on 5.0 for an hour now no reboots yet ill keep testing but no wifi on it has to be hardwired.
    started from scratch on my other box fresh install 4.9.7.3 going to start testing in a minute

Leave a comment:

• xoexpireu
    replied

no good dont recognize nothing crap this sux

Leave a comment:

• xoexpireu
    replied

found an M8 5.0 in dev files section flashing now will see what happenss

Leave a comment:

• xoexpireu
    replied