Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xoexpireu
    replied
    it only rebooted once but i was playing a movie and scrolling through settings really fast

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
    Has the rebooting problem been solved with that OpenELEC?
    it only rebooted once so far but i was playing a movie and scrolling through settings really fast ive learned to only do one thing at a time with these boxes they are not that powerfull right now movie is still play no probs yet but I still need the WiFi to work as well I was thinking of loading the 5.0 M8 instead of the MX3 and see what that does?

Spoke too soon it just crashed in the middle of a movie damb?????
    Last edited by xoexpireu; 02-04-2015, 00:05. Reason: fals post

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    Originally posted by xoexpireu View Post
    everything so far so good but i dont jave amy Wifi???? i need that for my second box in bdrm im thinking the openelec mx3 i downloaded above is no good for my mx III ?????
    Has the rebooting problem been solved with that OpenELEC?

Leave a comment:

• xoexpireu
    replied
    tested with 5.0 everything works well so far but theres no Wifi?

everything so far so good but i dont jave amy Wifi???? i need that for my second box in bdrm im thinking the openelec mx3 i downloaded above is no good for my mx III ?????

Leave a comment:

• xoexpireu
    replied
    ok im locked and loaded with 5.0 watcjing movie now i will let u guys know

locked and loaded with 5.0 so far so good watching movie now i will let u guys know what happens Thankz

Leave a comment:

• roolmapool
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeD View Post
    Maybe there are differences in the versions of MXIII and S82. I also have no problems with 5.0 on S82.
    And you should make a fresh install and test some videos without installing any addon if you haven't done yet.
    +1

Almost perfect with S89 and 5.0....
    Release 5.1 in pipe (i see empty folder at the moment)

Leave a comment:

• xoexpireu
    replied
    im going to try fresh install tonight with version 15 im on 14 now so maybe thats it

Originally posted by MikeD View Post
    Maybe there are differences in the versions of MXIII and S82. I also have no problems with 5.0 on S82.
    And you should make a fresh install and test some videos without installing any addon if you haven't done yet.
    maybe its just a bad flash or something i didnt know i could put 5.0 on mine yet so i will try that tonight and let u guys no what the outcome is and thankz for the help and replies and i meant version 4.9.7 and 5.0 above not 15 and 14
    Last edited by xoexpireu; 02-03-2015, 18:10.

Leave a comment:

• MikeD
    replied

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    mine works great 720p 1080p 1080i picture video quality everything works great except i keep getting random reboots mostly approx 1/2 hour to 45minutes it just reboots for no reason right at all the good part of the damb movies lol sometimes if I try to skip back to the chapter too fast of the movie it will justvreboot as well i think this is a kodi issue not elec but im not 100% it could just be my MK III m8 2/8 is not powerfull enough anyone have any ideas about this problem anything i can check????? I may have to wait untill the weekend to really dig into this again but anyones suggestions or solutions is greatly appretiated Thankz

I really don't have any ideas unless it is your power supply. If you have another one to try, that would be the first step.

I am using the latest 5.0 version from this link.

And this one specifically.

OpenELEC-Amlogic.S82.arm-5.0.0.zip

I think this is the one you should be using.
    OpenELEC-Amlogic.MX3.arm-5.0.0.zip

Leave a comment:

• xoexpireu
    replied
    mine works great 1080p 1080i except random reboots i cant figure out why

Originally posted by Condorello View Post
    +1, very shuttering and delayed. Impossible to watch, but the dame video (1080p) works fine if i set 720p@60
    mine works great 720p 1080p 1080i picture video quality everything works great except i keep getting random reboots mostly approx 1/2 hour to 45minutes it just reboots for no reason right at all the good part of the damb movies lol sometimes if I try to skip back to the chapter too fast of the movie it will justvreboot as well i think this is a kodi issue not elec but im not 100% it could just be my MK III m8 2/8 is not powerfull enough anyone have any ideas about this problem anything i can check????? I may have to wait untill the weekend to really dig into this again but anyones suggestions or solutions is greatly appretiated Thankz

Leave a comment:

• Condorello
    replied
    Originally posted by dankec View Post
    Could anyone try 1080/60Hz videos? Very jerky playback with 5.0 onwards...

+1, very shuttering and delayed. Impossible to watch, but the dame video (1080p) works fine if i set 720p@60

Leave a comment:

• xoexpireu
    replied
    no no problem at all using android other than being really slow and laggy

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
    I am using a Tronsmart Vega S89H, and I have never had a reboot issue with this box, running Android or OpenELEC. I am not sure that OpenELEC is causing your reboot. One my other Android boxes that had constant reboots, it was usually a driver or something in the firmware.

Did you have any problems with rebooting while using Android?
    no no problem at all using android other than being really slow and laggy some times lockup if i went through differnt field too fast. but openelec solved those issues and picture is 1000 times better. but for some reason it reboots randomly. also i noticed if i pause a move and step away for 20 minutes the box will no longer respond i have to unplug power amd reset.

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    as of yesterday i still get random reboots i hant changed any xml files but i will take a look at it. is there something specific to look for?
    I am using a Tronsmart Vega S89H, and I have never had a reboot issue with this box, running Android or OpenELEC. I am not sure that OpenELEC is causing your reboot. One my other Android boxes that had constant reboots, it was usually a driver or something in the firmware.

Did you have any problems with rebooting while using Android?

Leave a comment:

• xoexpireu
    replied
    i will take a look at the xml tonight but as of yesterday it was still rebooting randomly

Originally posted by papampi View Post
    I'm on 4.97 too and never had random reboots,
    do you have any additional settings in advancedsettings.xml ?
    as of yesterday i still get random reboots i hant changed any xml files but i will take a look at it. is there something specific to look for?

Leave a comment:

• dankec
    replied
    Could anyone try 1080/60Hz videos? Very jerky playback with 5.0 onwards...

Leave a comment:

• papampi
    replied
    thanx for reply clark i got it working now with 4.97. i do have one issue though if im watchin g a move about a 1/2 hour into the movie openelec just reboots for no reason. i just turned off samba and acceleration to see if that fixes it i hope so cause openelec is running awesome on this box now other than the random reboots.
    I'm on 4.97 too and never had random reboots,
    do you have any additional settings in advancedsettings.xml ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X