OpenELEC for s82, M8, MXIII, Tronsmart S89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeD View Post
    I installed the latest Russian build (4.95.4) with Kodi 14 beta 4 but I got several freezes from time to time. Did a clean install with wiping data and did not restore any backup.
    Have you same problems or are you using other builds without any freezes?
    I have the same freezes, but this version works mostly good with video (finally), so I decided to live with it.

Comment

I installed the latest Russian build (4.95.4) with Kodi 14 beta 4 but I got several freezes from time to time. Did a clean install with wiping data and did not restore any backup.
      Have you same problems or are you using other builds without any freezes?
      Hi!

I had the same problem (installed amlinux for the moment) - the System was freezing all the time. Which device do you have? I have a Tronsmart S89-H.

Tom

Comment

I have the MEasy B4A same as tronsmart vega s89/beelink s82. I used stanes second amlinux build in the last time without freezes until I had an issue where my tv just showed the whole screen in a little window in the top left corner. Rebooting and reinstalling (without wiping data) did not solve it.
        With this openelec build I tried to restore my xbmc backup with an addon and I got the same bug again. So I think it has nothing to do with amlinux itself maybe with an addon.
        One big problem I got now with openelec is that I often have no sound over spdif. I switched passthrough on/off but nothing changed. But after a fresh install sound is working. Have to do more testing. When all is working I will test some avi's which didn't play smooth (audio yes/video no) with stanes build. I hope they work now.

Regarding the air mouse the box recognize the usb receiver normally I guess. dmseg showed a new device as a 2.4G mouse. So I think the connection between mouse and receiver doesn't work properly. Will test it with my windows PC now.

Update: Ok, the sound problem was because of the air mouse receiver. It was used by kodi as the new standard sound device. Already read that somewhere but I forgot.
        Last edited by MikeD; 12-03-2014, 14:44. Reason: Update

Comment

I have the MEasy B4A same as tronsmart vega s89/beelink s82. I used stanes second amlinux build in the last time without freezes until I had an issue where my tv just showed the whole screen in a little window in the top left corner. Rebooting and reinstalling (without wiping data) did not solve it.
          With this openelec build I tried to restore my xbmc backup with an addon and I got the same bug again. So I think it has nothing to do with amlinux itself maybe with an addon.
          One big problem I got now with openelec is that I often have no sound over spdif. I switched passthrough on/off but nothing changed. But after a fresh install sound is working. Have to do more testing. When all is working I will test some avi's which didn't play smooth (audio yes/video no) with stanes build. I hope they work now.

Regarding the air mouse the box recognize the usb receiver normally I guess. dmseg showed a new device as a 2.4G mouse. So I think the connection between mouse and receiver doesn't work properly. Will test it with my windows PC now.

Update: Ok, the sound problem was because of the air mouse receiver. It was used by kodi as the new standard sound device.
          Wouldn't the /system/etc/ remote.conf file be more to blame?
          Assuming that the Scancodes coming off of aren't actually paired to anything in the *.kl File?
          Unfortunately I'd be at a loss as to how to get the Power On to work. Sans learning that One Key to the Air Mouse. It can send IR too not just IF right?!

Comment

Originally posted by dankec View Post
            I have the same freezes, but this version works mostly good with video (finally), so I decided to live with it.
            Same here... a lot of freeze on 4.95.4 (or others BTW).
            I use stock IR or CEC with LG remote to command Kodi.

I suspect linux graphic drivers issue...
            Last edited by roolmapool; 12-03-2014, 18:49.

Comment

AW: OpenELEC for s82, M8, MXIII, Tronsmart S89

Originally posted by Ichijoe View Post
              Wouldn't the /system/etc/ remote.conf file be more to blame?
              Assuming that the Scancodes coming off of aren't actually paired to anything in the *.kl File?
              Unfortunately I'd be at a loss as to how to get the Power On to work. Sans learning that One Key to the Air Mouse. It can send IR too not just IF right?!
              Yes, IR learning is also supported and that works well. But I didn't want to use IR anymore because I have to aim directly on the box otherwise it doesn't work.
              With Windows 8.1 the air mouse doesn't work too. I think the mouse does not connect to the receiver.

Comment

Yes, IR learning is also supported and that works well. But I didn't want to use IR anymore because I have to aim directly on the box otherwise it doesn't work.
                With Windows 8.1 the air mouse doesn't work too. I think the mouse does not connect to the receiver.
                Does anyone know if these "Air Mice" thingies can even send the required Power On Signal to these Boxes. So allowing us to "ditch" the Stock remotes? Or is learning that One IR Code still a requirement?

I'm kinda half-interested in getting One of these with the full set of Media Buttons on the Face Side (Play, Pause, Stop, Record... Ch+ Ch+ etc... etc...), and hopefully a German style QWERTZ Keyboard on the Reverse.

But, reading stuff like this... It makes me wonder it its even worth the deflated China Store (Aliexpress) Prices. I mean if if only works half-fast. (Thanks Verizon!) Then I'd rather just stick to my Harmony One.

Comment

I think if the air mouse works you could resign any button with the addon "keymap editor". I resign some buttons on my harmony to have play/pause, stop, etc.

Comment

New openelec (s82, tv110...)

http://amlinux.ru/img/OpenELEC-Amlog...arm-4.97.1.zip - clean install
                    http://amlinux.ru/update/OpenELEC-Am...arm-4.97.1.tar - update

Last edited by dankec; 12-04-2014, 16:35.

Comment

I think if the air mouse works you could resign any button with the addon "keymap editor". I resign some buttons on my harmony to have play/pause, stop, etc.
                      That would make Two of us... Though I had to use the PIVOS Preset to get a larger pallet of Buttons then One generally finds on the Stock Remote. The Problem then becomes One of the PIVOS not being able to reawaken the Device from either Deep Sleep, or Suspend Modes. Since those Functions are hardcoded to the Stock Remote.

Not that big of a deal for the Harmony to be honest. I just have Two (Soft) Power Buttons to act as On, and the other to shut it off again. The problem with the Air Mouse... Is that it again seems to only has a limited amount of actual Buttons. That could possibly be remapped. And in all likely hood not in such a convenient place as the Soft Buttons on my Harmony.

Its kinda of a shame that the IP-Remote thingy on my Tablet doesn't seem to be fully working. For some reason both the OK, and US QWERTY (Enter), buttons don't seem to work right with my revised remote.conf. Heck I'm not real sure it ever worked with the Stock One either.. The Enter Key that is... The "OK" Button did work, on my Tablet.

Trying to examine this though dmesg, was an utter failure though. Apparently it must use either a different *.kl File? One that bypasses the remote.conf File entirely, or I just don't know. I just know that pressing Buttons on my Tablet didn't register in the same way as they would with either the Stock, or Harmony IR Remotes.

FWIW: I think this could have been a winner if it had actually worked.

The Server-side APK is already on the MXIII, you can find the Phablet APK here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ient.RemoteIME

Perhaps it may work better for you?

Comment

Try "yatse" from Playstore. It is similar to the official xbmc app/remote but has more functions including a full virtual keyboard.

Did you try other presets than pivos and original remote? I also wanted to try another preset and look if it works with the box but didn't until now. Maybe other working presets have a working power button...
                        Or you can let learn the harmony from the original remote only this button and still use the pivos preset.

Comment

...did anybody already install this Versoin who had the freezes with the last one? I would be interested if there are some impovements...

Thank you!

Comment

Try "yatse" from Playstore. It is similar to the official xbmc app/remote but has more functions including a full virtual keyboard.

Did you try other presets than pivos and original remote? I also wanted to try another preset and look if it works with the box but didn't until now. Maybe other working presets have a working power button...
                            Or you can let learn the harmony from the original remote only this button and still use the pivos preset.
                            The difference between Yatse, and that "Remote" App that I was speaking of... Is that the One I was speaking of wasn't just for XBMC only. In fact its the same identical App that you may have seen if you let the Screen Saver go on your M82 / S82 Box.

It has Four Screens,

1) The top half of the Stock Remote (Back, Home Menu, Cursor + OK, Vol+, Search and Vol-)
                            2) (Media Remote), Play Pause, Previous, Next, FFW, RW, and the Volume + & - Keys again...
                            3) Mouse Pad, that works like a Touchpad, a Mouse or a (I think) Gyroscope sensor (for Games), I haven't tested that part of it as such.
                            4) A near full size QWERTY (US Layout Keyboard).... <- Perhaps the most useful feature.... If it actually worked...

I really need to switch back to the stock remote.conf and see whats going on with the OK and, Enter Buttons, and why they aren't working with my new layout. No doubt I just have to find the "right" command, and add it to the remote.conf File.

Comment

Ok, but we're in the openelec thread. So I assumed you're running only xbmc. I used this remote app already in Android so I know it. But I only want a fully working xbmc on this box.
                              I get in dmesg the IR signal codes when I used my harmony. That way you should get the code for your power button and resign it in configs.
                              With the harmony preset of the original remote (I think Tronsmart) powering off and on is working.

Comment

Originally posted by frumshey View Post
                                ...did anybody already install this Versoin who had the freezes with the last one? I would be interested if there are some impovements...

Thank you!
                                Yes, it's more stable and very fluid with 720 and 1080 24Hz. Just one stutter every 2-3 minutes, but no other bugs.

Comment

Working...
                                X