Originally posted by zambu View Post
    same problem
    whit me
    Same here.... Boring with cec.
    A new release today... I ll check.

[Update]
    No more switch off/on issue with 15/10 release

Process i used:
    I used backup openelec function, copy .tar file on PC (via Samba), flash with 15/10 release (reboot recovery in SSH), Launch 15/10, copy back on device .tar, and reboot... you have to wait 15min (be patient, it seems stuck but no..., and voila!
    Last edited by roolmapool; 11-15-2014, 10:37.

Comment

I prefer nfs over samba. Easier to setup and streaming seems to be better over wifi.
      So if you are streaming from a nas you should give that a try.

Comment

Originally posted by roolmapool View Post

[Update]

Process i used:
        I used backup openelec function, copy .tar file on PC (via Samba), flash with 15/10 release (reboot recovery in SSH), Launch 15/10, copy back on device .tar, and reboot... you have to wait 15min (be patient, it seems stuck but no..., and voila!
        What is 15/10 relesae? You mean 15/11?
        Last edited by dankec; 11-15-2014, 18:25.

Comment

Originally posted by roolmapool View Post

[Update]

Process i used:
          You talk about this one?

=> http://amlinux.ru/img/OpenELEC-4.95.2-s82-20141115.zip
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
            I tried to update with http://amlinux.ru/update/OpenELEC-Am...s82-4.95.2.tar
            Completely the same after update, bug is still present.
            Last edited by dankec; 11-15-2014, 19:08.

Comment

Yep, sorry guys. I mean 15/11 release.

Switch off/on device issue is still present... less in my case than 14/11 release.
              If you insist to push on/off stock remote, device finaly turn on... not really perfect but better than nothing

Someone tried openelec 4.2.1 15/11 release? i think it's build with final xbmc 13.2, maybe CEC is ok...

Comment

Could someone kindly explain the DO NOT USE, In:
                http://amlinux.ru/img/OpenELEC-4.95....2-DONT_USE.zip (1G/8G MXIII?)

Oddly enough its the ONLY version that has working Wi-Fi (AP-6181) out of the Box!
                The only problem I have with it is the same problem with Stain1983's AMLinux Port, and something doing the 'rounds on Google Play called SPMC where the Video 720p & 1080p is only displaying the Upper Left Quarter of my Media, on my Screen. With no real way of fully correcting it.

In fact the only versions that seem to be working are the stock XBMC that came with the Box, and the current Vanilla XBMC 13.2, from http://kodi.tv

At the risk of going OT, has anyone ever managed to get Clockwork Mod Recovery to work on the MXIII? At this point I'd love to be able to just do a single Nandroid Backup, and be done with it. Recovering everything Google is becoming a huge PITA! Just to play test these ROMs, only to find that they don't work. Being able to fully recover at will without all this needlessly tiresome remote typing though the OSD Keyboard. Would be a huge time saver. I'm really shocked to discover. Or more to a point.... Haven't yet discovered a CWM Recovery for the MXIII yet.

Comment

Why don't you use TWRP?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeD View Post
                    For One thing... It doesn't work with the Remote... HUGE FAIL!
                    Two... Not having a better option e.g. Clockwork Mod... I opted to install that TWRP, and nearly perma-bricked my poor MXIII...

I'm absolutely sure the fault was mine in having confused the S82, for some shorthand S802, When what I probably needed was the Version for the EM8?!

But, having been burned once on TWRP, and the very simple fact that you have to use a USB Mouse to access it. Doesn't really make TWRP much of workable option IMHO.

Comment

But as far as I know that's atm the only way to make a full backup. Running TWRP from sdcard should be save so far. Others have no problem with backing up and restoring. If I want to switch from stanes build to this openelec I will test TWRP to make a backup. Better having this than nothing I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeD View Post
                        But as far as I know that's atm the only way to make a full backup. Running TWRP from sdcard should be save so far. Others have no problem with backing up and restoring. If I want to switch from stanes build to this openelec I will test TWRP to make a backup. Better having this than nothing I guess.
                        Ok I may give the EM8 Build a shot, at some point again. Considering that the S82 Build seemed had seemed to have almost left me with a Brick the last time. If anything this is why I'm learly on this whole subject. I guess knowing what I hadn't back then that the Remote didn't work I'd have perhaps given it a miss. But, its not like I'm not willing or able to crack of my Mouse from my PC long enough to use it.

I'm just perhaps being a bit to over cautious here. Because, although the 2G/8G MXIII seems to share quite a bit of the same Hardware in it as the Devices in the TWRP Thread. The 1G/8G seems to be a bit different. Though TBH not really enough to where it should have bricked as hard as it had the last time... But, like I said before that was probably on me for confusing the "S82" for somehow being an S802. Which AFAIK should be the exact ARM CPU in my MXIII.

But, until the rendering in XBMC / Kodi gets fixed for 720p/1080i/p HD material. As I may have mentioned before, it only displays the upper left quadrant of the Render. I really have no use for either AMLinux, or OpenELEC just yet.

In the case of OpenELEC. I don't know exactly what they did in the 2014 11 12 DO NOT USE BUILD. But, they must have done something right, as the AP-6181 Wifi was actually working in that Version.

So I'll keep an Eye or Two, out for the next update for the MX3, and if I feel lucky enough I'll run though those hurdles once more. But, for now, knowing what I know. I'm just gonna stick to Stock ROMs for the moment.

Comment

recovery mode

My vega elite doesnt boot into recovery mode anymore. I tried twrp and stock recovery on several sdcards.
                          Does anyone know how to solve this ?

Comment

Originally posted by daanw View Post
                            My vega elite doesnt boot into recovery mode anymore. I tried twrp and stock recovery on several sdcards.
                            Does anyone know how to solve this ?
                            if you have installed openelec linux, to go back on android you have to:
                            - launch openelec device
                            - rename recovery file on root of linux device like old.recovery
                            1. via SAMBA with a PC
                            2. via SDcard reader, your pc ;-)
                            (or you have just to remove sdcard from your linux device)
                            - launch a ssh client (putty for example), connect on linux device witth id/password = root / openelec
                            - enter ssh command : reboot recovery
                            - Linux device will reboot, and prévious android recovery 'll be launch ...
                            - recover your android backup

Comment

Thanks man. Got twrp booting.

Comment

The website doesn't seem to work, is there anywhere else to download this file from?

Comment

Working...
                                X