Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeD View Post
    Have a look at here:

There is a MX3 version. But I don't know if it's the right one for your model.

I did a test and it's the 1gb version. It also works on a 2gb version but shows only 1gb.

Comment

Originally posted by versus4582 View Post
      Does this rom support MX3 1GB ram version ???? If not do you guys have any other link for an OpenElec Rom for the Mx3 1gb version???
      If you have the older 1G Model. (i.e. RTL8188), then you'll probably won't need to worry.
      On the other hand, if you have the newer AP-6181 version.
      Then you'll find that WiFI is kind of a hit or miss. In my experience mostly a miss.

Though to be honest I haven't tried v5 yet to know for sure.
      But, prior versions had problem's though.

Given the nature and a lack of a real Serial Number care of IMEI or a MEID the Android ID is auto generated each time I either install, or reset the Firmware.
      As an upshot to that I'm only less inclined to want to play-test such Firmwares at the expence of adding more Devices to my Google Play Music List.

Though there are ways to get round it though...

Comment

This is my first time using Openelec, so please pardon my ignorance. I installed version 4.97.3 on my Vega S89H and all went well. I have my box connected to my A/V receiver, the video was great, but could not get any sound at all.

My objective is to get the tvheadend server installed so my box will be a self contained PVR box. It has drivers for my HDHomeRun tuners included. I think I installed the tvheadend server, but have no idea how to use it with the tvheadend PVR client.

Maybe someone can give me some pointers on my problems.

Thanks
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

If you have installed tvheadend server (backend) you should be able to connect to the webinterface this way:

There you have to make all needed configurations.

Maybe this could help:

But that's for the old 3.4 version. The new 3.9 looks a bit different.

If the backend is completely configured you just need to activate the pvr-client. I think all needed settings are preset.

Comment

If you have installed tvheadend server (backend) you should be able to connect to the webinterface this way:

There you have to make all needed configurations.

Maybe this could help:

But that's for the old 3.4 version. The new 3.9 looks a bit different.

If the backend is completely configured you just need to activate the pvr-client. I think all needed settings are preset.
            I am so used to android, I was looking for a browser. So I should use the built in browser and setup from there? Also, with my S89H, I had no sound or wifi or bluetooth, but was only looking to get tvheadend working.

thanks for your suggestions.
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I think there is no really good browser available for openelec. There is only a very rudimentary one (only text) to install from the repository.
              Tvheadend is working on this openelec release. I tested it with a USB DVB-S2 module but I still have problems with drivers. You have to install tvheadend from the service addons. In configuration you shouldn't enable "wait for adapter" to get it directly started on booting. Then you could enter it's webinterface from PC/Mac with BOX-IP:9981 typing in the browser.
              Sound should work, WiFi also (but isn't tested by me) but bluetooth isn't working at the moment (I think no drivers included).
              I use the latest 5.0 release but with 4.97.3 there shouldn't be a problem either.

Do you use these builds?

Comment

I think there is no really good browser available for openelec. There is only a very rudimentary one (only text) to install from the repository.
                Tvheadend is working on this openelec release. I tested it with a USB DVB-S2 module but I still have problems with drivers. You have to install tvheadend from the service addons. In configuration you shouldn't enable "wait for adapter" to get it directly started on booting. Then you could enter it's webinterface from PC/Mac with BOX-IP:9981 typing in the browser.
                Sound should work, WiFi also (but isn't tested by me) but bluetooth isn't working at the moment (I think no drivers included).
                I use the latest 5.0 release but with 4.97.3 there shouldn't be a problem either.

Do you use these builds?
                www.amlinux.ru/image
                Yes, that is where I downloaded my builds. I read on this thread that the 4.97.3 was the best, so that was the one I installed. After trying it out, I went back to Android, just to make sure I could revert ok, also, maybe someone could have an idea why I have no sound.

I am going through a new Denon A/V receiver, instead of directly to the TV, but maybe that is why I have not sound.

Again, thanks for your suggestions, and letting me know that tvheadend will work.

Comment

I use SPDIF to my audio receiver and enabled pass-through in audio settings. That's working for me. But if I enabled stereo upmix I also get no sound. I have to uncheck this.
                  Did you try out some settings to get sound working?

Comment

I use SPDIF to my audio receiver and enabled pass-through in audio settings. That's working for me. But if I enabled stereo upmix I also get no sound. I have to uncheck this.
                    Did you try out some settings to get sound working?
                    I tried the enable pass-through and disable pass-through, but did not look to see if stereo was checked. Will be later tonight to try again.

thanks

Comment

Also check if passthrough of AC3/DTS/etc. is enabled depending on your a/v receiver. It's below the common passthrough setting.

Comment

Also check if passthrough of AC3/DTS/etc. is enabled depending on your a/v receiver. It's below the common passthrough setting.
                        Yes, that was the first thing I have checked.

Comment

Hi,

is 1080p24 Hz movies supported in 24Hz with this version of Openelec? Does it play all content in 24Hz then?

Comment

Yes, it does. I can confirm it for S82 version.

Comment

square M8 1gb/2.4Ghz running 5.0??

Originally posted by nighthawk1975 View Post
                              I did a test and it's the 1gb version. It also works on a 2gb version but shows only 1gb.

Will this 5.0 build work on a Square S802 M8 1gb/2.4Ghz model???

Comment

Do you use these builds?
                                www.amlinux.ru/image
                                Woohoo, with your instructions I now have tvheadend running on my S89H. It was so simple since Openelec includes the tvheadend server and the HDHomeRun drivers. I switched over to my Beelink R89, which I am typing on now, and then typed my IP address and 9981. Bingo tvheadend setup screen popped up and it shows my HDHomeRun tuners. Now it will take me a month to figure out how to set it up.

I still did not get the audio to work, it shows a red speaker icon on the top right corner of the screen, and I tried all the settings. I did install the 5.0.0 version today. One thing I noticed on both versions I have tried, when in the settings menu, when my cursor touches the"audio" section everything freezes for a couple of minutes. This happens every time, using my air mouse or stock remote.

Anyway, my goal was to get the tvheadend server working on this Android box, and with your help I succeeded. Now to YouTube to figure out how to set it up.

Thanks a lot

Update: Using my computer I was able to scan all my channels and even play some HD channels on my computer. With out a file browser, it will be hard to add the xmltv file to the appropriate location inside Openelec.

Update 2: my Android boxes feed into my AVR, when I switched to my other Android box, my S89H with the Openelec froze. This happened every time it was not the active port on my AVR. Is there a way to keep it from freezing?
                                Last edited by clarkss12; 01-09-2015, 05:28.

Comment

Working...
                                X