No announcement yet.

OpenELEC for s82, M8, MXIII, Tronsmart S89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't say why it freezes. I actually have no freezes at all.

I also recognized this behavior for a while that it takes a long time until the box responds again after choosing audio settings. I don't know where it come from but I didn't have these problem any more.

Compare your audio settings to mine from this post:

Maybe the red speaker icon on the screen is the mute sign. I had in the past sometimes also the problem that I pressed a button and suddenly mute was activated although this button wasn't configured to it. So I had to use "keymap editor" addon to assign the mute function to any button from my remote to deactivate it. Then I deleted these assignment again to have the original function.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeD View Post
      I can't say why it freezes. I actually have no freezes at all.

I also recognized this behavior for a while that it takes a long time until the box responds again after choosing audio settings. I don't know where it come from but I didn't have these problem any more.

Compare your audio settings to mine from this post:

Maybe the red speaker icon on the screen is the mute sign. I had in the past sometimes also the problem that I pressed a button and suddenly mute was activated although this button wasn't configured to it. So I had to use "keymap editor" addon to assign the mute function to any button from my remote to deactivate it. Then I deleted these assignment again to have the original function.
      You are correct again, it was muted, both versions, working now. I removed my air mouse and just used the stock remote, that seems to correct the freezing problem. I think WiFi works, but not tested.

Thanks
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

And I forget to say if you're using an airmouse with mic included it overrides the audio output. It seems that openelec recognize this as a new audio device (input/output).

Comment

Hey,

im using the IPTV Simple Client on my S82B/OE 5.0. I got occasionally video freezes. Sound runs smooth.
          I tried playin around with advancedsettings:

<pvr>
          <minvideocachelevel>50</minvideocachelevel>
          <minaudiocachelevel>30</minaudiocachelevel>
          </pvr>

But buffering goes up and down all the time. Did put the Box on highest priority at my Router.
          The used playlist works in VLC without Buffer problems at all.
          Is there anything else to tweak?
          When i stream a movie locally there are no buffer problems as well.
          Is it a problem from the Simple Client?

Greetings

EDIT: Ok i just recogniuzed that it freezes even thos cache is full occasionally
          Last edited by winomat; 01-10-2015, 11:50.

Comment

Originally posted by razdolbaev View Post
            roolmapool, hello. Thank you for your feedback. Yes, i have payapl, click, or via direct paypal account, thanks.

Edit:
            winomat, you can also manually change governor
            Code:
            echo "ondemand" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
            available governor:
            performance
            hotplug
            ondemand
            conservative
            interactive

More details can be read here
            Update 1/13/2013: IO Scheduler, TCP Congestion Avoidance Algorithm Please go to Post #27 Sources and credit go to: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1792369 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1369817 Android CPU governors explained...

To view CPU load through SSH, you can use this add-on

command - htop

I tried it. when i change it to performance does it work instantly? Because when i reboot box its back to hotplug. Also its not possible to change min_cpu_freq.
            I think my vdr freeze issue might be related to those settings. i Would like to raise min_cpu_freq and the governor permanently.

When i do this command with performance i dont see any difference at all. The CPU clock is still the same but it should be max for all cores.

Greetings

EDIT: As soon i start Live TV only 1 CPU core out of 4 is left beeing active. There must be some issues related to governor. There must be a way to boot with performance governor instead of hotplug. I also tried the option which is known from PI with config.txt. But none of those edited options are beeing active after reboot. I tried all day today to get it working somehow, but no luck. Kerber dont you know any solution ?
            Last edited by winomat; 01-10-2015, 19:27.

Comment

And I forget to say if you're using an airmouse with mic included it overrides the audio output. It seems that openelec recognize this as a new audio device (input/output).
              Yes, that was my problem exactly, I had the adapter for my wireless remote that has a built in speaker and mic plugged into my box. When I removed the adapter, it worked without any problems.
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

PVR Working

Thanks to JustMe, MikeD and the others that have created and taught me how to install and use OpenELEC on my Tronsmart Vega S89H. With the tvheadend server and drivers for my HDHomeRun tuners included in OpenELEC it was very easy to create a stand alone PVR (personal video recorder). I am still learning about OpenELEC and tvheadend, so I have not got it perfected yet. I still need to figure out to get the pause/play and recording feature to work.

I would appreciate any assistance that you can provide to finish.

Here is a video showing what I have accomplished so far.

http://youtu.be/TU_hJBmfm7o

Thanks for all your help

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                  With the tvheadend server and drivers for my HDHomeRun tuners included in OpenELEC it was very easy to create a stand alone PVR (personal video recorder).
                  Have you also tried it with the DVBlink backend software?

Comment

Originally posted by ASW1 View Post
                    Have you also tried it with the DVBlink backend software?
                    I run DVBLink server on my synology NAS and it gives me a great PVR for pause/play and record, my clients are my android boxes. My goal is to eliminate the NAS and have the server and client from the same box. I was watching an HD TV channel on my S89H and another HD channel on my computer, both channels played flawlessly, and the CPUs never got above 40% on server and the video had no dropped or skipped frames.

Comment

Openelec on S82 Shutdown issue

Have a look at here:

There is a MX3 version. But I don't know if it's the right one for your model.
                      Hi Mike
                      I have tested .2 .3 and v5 on my s82 and all suffer from the same issue whereby after a period of inactivity the device shuts down, I can confirm that the Power Saving option is OFF.

Any ideas?

Thanks
                      Nik

Comment

Originally posted by nstapley View Post
                        Hi Mike
                        I have tested .2 .3 and v5 on my s82 and all suffer from the same issue whereby after a period of inactivity the device shuts down, I can confirm that the Power Saving option is OFF.

Any ideas?

Thanks
                        Nik
                        I also have S82 openelec..
                        Is it possible that maybe your TV has a "stand-by" mode for power-saving and is sending a CEC command to s82? the unit shuts down since standby is not supported on the box?
                        I personally have disabled everything on my TV and left the "CEC poweroff connected devices" when TV is powered off.

On the S82 CEC set all to disable/ignore leaving only
                        - Make Kodi active source when starting
                        - Devices to power on/off >> TV

Comment

Originally posted by winomat View Post
                          Hey,

im using the IPTV Simple Client on my S82B/OE 5.0. I got occasionally video freezes. Sound runs smooth.
                          I tried playin around with advancedsettings:

<pvr>
                          <minvideocachelevel>50</minvideocachelevel>
                          <minaudiocachelevel>30</minaudiocachelevel>
                          </pvr>

But buffering goes up and down all the time. Did put the Box on highest priority at my Router.
                          The used playlist works in VLC without Buffer problems at all.
                          Is there anything else to tweak?
                          When i stream a movie locally there are no buffer problems as well.
                          Is it a problem from the Simple Client?

Greetings

EDIT: Ok i just recogniuzed that it freezes even thos cache is full occasionally
                          Ok i just solved the choppy Live TV with changing from video Hardware decode to Software decode
                          So dunno if its a good hint for devs. Instead of choopy playback im just having occasionally little picture erros. But it runs smooth. Thats especially better when watching sport. Its now enjoyable.

Comment

Time is off

Is there a setting that I can change the time? I am using version 5, and the time is off by 5 hours. The minutes are correct, but not the hour.

Comment

In "Settings - Appearance - International - Timezone" you should set the right one for your location.

Comment

In "Settings - Appearance - International - Timezone" you should set the right one for your location.
                                Thank you, that worked. I never knew that setting existed.

thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X