Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roolmapool View Post
    Hello guys,

5.06 seems to have a sleep issue with my Tronsmat S89 (i use S82).... i can't turn on box after that.

What version do you use without this bug?

Thx.
    I'm also experiencing that issue. If you go to the lower left I/O Button, and then Shutdown. The Device just reboots itself back up again. Assuming that your still using the Stock Remote, you can at least put the Device into Sleep Mode by directly hitting the Power Button there.

If you were like me however, and are using a modified remote.conf (@ /storage/.config).
    then you'll likely need to renumber a few of the commands again for it to be compatible with the OpenELES Stock Command list. For Ex:

POWER WAKE (Which was...) 704 under Android will need to change to 116 (Sleep Suspend)
    MENU (Which was), 125 is now 46
    Back / Del / Exit (Which was), 14 is now 14
    Backspace (which was), 14 is now 111

NOTE: - The above is thought out for those People using a Logitech Harmony Remote, (PIVOS Profile), again if your on the Stock Remote you should just simply be able to press the normal Power Button on the Remote. No it does not power off to a charging state. (i.e. It reboots on power). TBH I'm not sure it even matters considering.

Comment

after flashing openelec update doesnt work anymore

i have an s89-h and been trying various firmwares before. after flashing openelec (works ok but missing a .apk i regularly use, so thought i'd move back to finless). trouble i have is that the toothpick method doesnt do anything (boot happens very fast, ignores toothpick) and usb cable doesnt do anything as well.

is there a way to go into recovery otherwise?

Comment

Originally posted by picaye View Post
        i have an s89-h and been trying various firmwares before. after flashing openelec (works ok but missing a .apk i regularly use, so thought i'd move back to finless). trouble i have is that the toothpick method doesnt do anything (boot happens very fast, ignores toothpick) and usb cable doesnt do anything as well.

Have you thought of trying to...

a) Insert "Toothpick" then...
        b) Power on?

I don't think you can get into the Recovery Mode, any other way. So I fail to understand what it means by "Boot happens very fast..." If your pressing the Reset Switch BEFORE you power up the Device... (It could be that you need to remove the Power Supply, to ensure that its completely off first.), it should get you into the Recovery Mode.

The "Trick" is knowing if you have the kind of Box that lets you release the Reset Switch (i.e. Button), after the initial Google TV (Android), or Tronsmart (OpenELEC), Screen(s), or not...

Comment

When Openelec is started SSH into the box and type: reboot recovery

Should do the "trick"

Comment

Here is another way that I did.
            "Dear Mr.Clarkss12
            I am so happy that I am able to go back to android OS. Here is what I do.
            First, I convert the stock recovery S82B to tar file and put in openElec sharing update folder-Reboot-Reboot. Then I use your instruction for OpenELEC hard reset. Bingo, I flash back to Finless 2.1. Thanks a lot with all your help/research." Goodluck

Comment

Originally posted by winomat View Post
              When Openelec is started SSH into the box and type: reboot recovery

Should do the "trick"
              thank you - worked (had to enable ssh password and seems the password is openelec)

Comment

Originally posted by roolmapool View Post
                Hello guys,

5.06 seems to have a sleep issue with my Tronsmat S89 (i use S82).... i can't turn on box after that.

What version do you use without this bug?

Thx.
                "My Box won't shut down, only suspend"

Comment

Originally posted by annguyen4 View Post
                  "My Box won't shut down, only suspend"
                  That would, make Two of us.... But, as I understand it... This is a FEATURE, and NOT a Bug...

*EDIT* having a pok 'round the 'ol http://amlinux.ru/image/test, I managed to find a little something called "linux-0002-poweroff_instead_charging_reboot.patch".

Does anyone know exactly where this Patch needs to be applied to? And, can you even use the Patch command on OpenELEC, since its all basically Hard-Set to Read ONLY?

On that note, how can I make the MicroSD (External SD), Writable? I guess I can understand making /system RO, But the External MicroSD?! really WTF?!
                  Last edited by Ichijoe; 03-23-2015, 16:10.

Comment

Just wondering when OpenElec 5.0.7 Kodi 14.2 Final release would be out, it is out the on the official Openelec and Wetek. Any idea?

Comment

There's already 5.0.8 out. You have to wait until kerber got time to build it or you do it on your own.

Comment

Just a quick question... I know its probably never gonna be fully supported.. But does OpenELEC do AD2P (Headphones Ext. Speakers?). Cause it (OpenELEC), sees my Bluetooth Dongle, and I'm actually able to shoot Files at my MXIII (1G otherwise no Bluetooh), just fine. But I'd really like to use it with some External Speaker(s).

Another Question is it possible to eventually run RetroArch over these Builds of OpenELEC? I'll shall refrain from asking how.... Just if its even possible.

Comment

Does the latest version OpenELEC-Amlogic.MX3.arm-5.0.6-update.zip work with the 1GB and 2GB version of the MXIII. What is the easiest way to find out which I have? Download CPUZ from play store?

And if I am doing a fresh install I want the one that doesn't say update in file name?

And I should add to that if it does work with 1GB will it work with the older realtek chipset?
                          Last edited by superskid; 04-10-2015, 18:34.

Comment

Originally posted by superskid View Post
                            Does the latest version OpenELEC-Amlogic.MX3.arm-5.0.6-update.zip work with the 1GB and 2GB version of the MXIII. What is the easiest way to find out which I have? Download CPUZ from play store?

And if I am doing a fresh install I want the one that doesn't say update in file name?

And I should add to that if it does work with 1GB will it work with the older realtek chipset?
                            Yes the MXIII version is comparable with both the 1G, and 2G versions. As for the RTL8188 WiFi. I can't say in as far as I have the AP6181 WiFi. However the earliest v4.x.x Versions ONLY supported the RTL8188. So I don't think it would be a problem.

Comment

Maybe the MXIII build would work with 2GB MXIII but then you can only use 1GB RAM. I think if you have 2GB version you should use S82 build.
                              If you you don't know what RAM size you have you could look for information in your actual firmware. In Android under settings -> apps -> running apps.

Comment

Hello guys, i need to add a string for set a static physical address for CEC, because i have in the middle of the CEC chain an AVR not compatible.
                                So i need to set in cec_config:
                                physical address: 1100

how can i do that? On the RPi i can do that directly from the gui but here there isn't the part of the cec configuration so i must edit manually the cec_config file...
                                Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X