No announcement yet.

OpenELEC for s82, M8, MXIII, Tronsmart S89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to give this try. Is 5.0.8 worth it or i rather use an older build?. what version to start

Comment

So i have mxIII 2g that i have running openelec 5.0.0 work great but i just bought another one and in recovery it says wrong footing . recovery is the newest KOT49H 20150518 has a newer google slash screen i tried the latest 5.0.8 and still nothing . Has anyone had this going on with them .

Comment

I used the openelec-amlogic.s82.arm-5.0.8.zip and I used Zip to Extract it....Rar and Izarc did not extract it correctly and I have installed this successfully to 4 Boxes!

Comment

Ill change it and see . Thanks so much

Comment

So openelec 5.0.8 - 5.0.0 has no wifi working. going to try stock fw to see if i can get it back because 111k4 wifi will not turn on as well do you think this mxIII 2g has a new wifi adapter ? never had this happen. it was on 115k4 out of the box im looking for the right stock one and going to give it a go. thanks .

Comment

ya nothing is working to get openelec with wifi i even went to mxIII plus 202 hoping wifi would kick in but no luck . kinda fd thinking of tronsmart img 06032015 trying now. any help

Comment

Originally posted by backintheday View Post
                ya nothing is working to get openelec with wifi i even went to mxIII plus 202 hoping wifi would kick in but no luck . kinda fd thinking of tronsmart img 06032015 trying now. any help
                Isn't the MXIII Plus just a rebranded Minix Neo x8 Plus? Without the External Antenna? e.g. An Amlogic S812 SoC with 2G RAM, and whatever on shared Storage?! 'Cause I'm fairly sure the MXIII, and the Tronfy MXIV are, just simply S812 SoC Devices... So it seems to me that the Neo x8 Version of OpenELEC would be the correct One to use in this instance. Since neither the MXIII Plus, nor the TronFY MXIV are actually related to the MXIII S802 SoC designs.

Thus why you have 202k4 Firmware (IIRC), AND NOT 11xk4 Firmware.11xk4 are for K200 devices such as the M8, S82, S89, or the MXIII (M82), which again should all be S802 SoC Devices.

Comment

MX3 For those who have problems with Openelec 5.0.8 WIFI...I have run into this and the way I fixed it was to go to Settings....openelec .....Network and tun OFF the Wired connection and turn on The WiFI...then all works very well!!! Hope this helps!

Comment

Ill try that. Kezz but when its in openelec 5.0.8 the light turns red with no on /off and remote doesnt work at all and I've tried 5.0.8 for s82.

Comment

Sometimes when you are uploading the MX with Openelec it is best to do a reset a couple of times with the toothpick then pull the power and begin the upload I sometimes upload it twice back to back and that seems to solve the problem!!! Good Luck!!!

Comment

Hi All
                        I have what appears to be an MX3 however when I load OpenElec 5.0.8 there is no wifi (I have tried turning off wired) and no bluetooth, apart from that all works well
                        The board in the device is marked MX3-M82-v3.1 and on board appears to be a chip marked AP6234 which I assume is the 6234 WiFi/Bluetooth chip.
                        Is there any way to load a driver for this chip ?
                        Thanks in advance

Comment

Just a quick question, any plan OpenElec 6 beta 2, can one of the developer treat us to this new gooddy, I have heard from friends using Kodi 15, that is perfromace is noticeable .
                          Cheers!

Comment

...//amlinux.ru/target/?C=M;O=D

check this one have installed it in my mx3 1g working OK some bugs that it is only a version test

Comment

Could someone help out, I currently have 5.0.08 working fine on tronsamart round box, so I wish to upgrade to Kodi 15 beta 2, so which of these file do I need, I am guessing is the one with .tar at end.
                              if so what is the used for the other two system and Kernel, do they have to be install too.
                              Thanks for your imput.

Comment

All those images from target folder are test builds. Some may work more or less. But for stable releases you have to wait until developer puts the final images to amlinux.ru/image.

e123enitan I think best is you use OpenELEC-Amlogic.arm-S82-5.95.1-update.zip for updating in recovery. Only this way you also updating system and kernel if there were made any changes in new version.

Comment

Working...
                                X