Sumvision Cyclone X4 ---S805

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sumvision Cyclone X4 ---S805

The Cyclone X4 is an S805 box, which has recently hit UK shops and online retailers, replacing the Cyclone X2 which was basically a rebadged Geniatech ATV1200 M6 box. The X2's proved to be great boxes, epecially running Croniccorey, J1Nx and Stane's MX Linux port. I've purchased a couple of X4s to set up for workmates, but I'm wondering if any of you experts know more about this box.

The box comes with Kodi 14.0-alpha2 preloaded and it seems to work well enough: the only major bug I could find is LiveTV mini-display not showing correctly under Amlogic H/W acceleration. This was noted as a problem in one of Stane's 13.2 releases too.

I tried SPMC and 14.0-beta2 but neither worked with Amlogic h/w acceleration enabled: giving the infamous black screen/no video problem. Mediacodec accel works OKish, but not good enough for HD.

The firmware is not rooted, and I haven't been able to find a successful method so far. Would rooting allow me to fix the Amlogic problem with stock Kodi/SPMC?

Are there any other custom f/w available for this box?

Does anyone know the true identity of the board/box?

Any tips appreciated.

PS Stock firmware is available at http://www.sumvision.com/product/cyc...x4support.html
    Last edited by JDfense; 01-02-2016, 14:42.

Sumvision Cyclone X4

I posted in the parent forum about the Sumvision Cyclone X4 in the parent forum here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ion-Cyclone-X4

As it's an S805 box, maybe I should have posted here instead. If you can help with any of my questions, please post in the thread above.

Comment

I merged the two threads...
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Working...
      X