Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android Lollipop?

Hi , i just found this online : http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?p=4316

Will it works on X7 ?Also I found a kernel called RK31 Kernel 3036 Box X7 Minix in the post

I dare not to try it because i don't know will it brick my devices or not.....

Originally posted by weihan1102 View Post
    Hi , i just found this online : http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?p=4316

Will it works on X7 ?Also I found a kernel called RK31 Kernel 3036 Box X7 Minix in the post

I dare not to try it because i don't know will it brick my devices or not.....
    You won't get the Lollipop experience because it runs JB kernels, too old.
    It hasn't been fully developed by Rockchip, so have to wait a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
      You won't get the Lollipop experience because it runs JB kernels, too old.
      It hasn't been fully developed by Rockchip, so have to wait a few months.
      Thanks for reply~
      What you mean by “Lollipop experience"? Some lollipop feature won't work?

Comment

Thanks for reply~
        What you mean by “Lollipop experience"? Some lollipop feature won't work?
        You will get all the Lollipop apps and user interface, but hundreds of fixes and improvements to drivers, stability, video playback, speed etc. won't be there that are included in the kernel. Latest RK3288 run 3.10 kernels, RK3188 still run 3.0.36 kernels. Even KitKat that run 3.0.36 kernel has more than 200 changes compared to 3.0.36 Jellybean kernel.

Comment

You will get all the Lollipop apps and user interface, but hundreds of fixes and improvements to drivers, stability, video playback, speed etc. won't be there that are included in the kernel. Latest RK3288 run 3.10 kernels, RK3188 still run 3.0.36 kernels. Even KitKat that run 3.0.36 kernel has more than 200 changes compared to 3.0.36 Jellybean kernel.
          WOW! i learned something today , Thanks~
          So rockchip is currently developing a 3.4.0 kernel for RK3188 ?

Comment

WOW! i learned something today , Thanks~
            So rockchip is currently developing a 3.4.0 kernel for RK3188 ?
            No, a 3.10.37 or something kernel
            Here is RK3288 Chromebook kernel 3.14.0, go back until you find 3.0.36 kernel, it will be several hundred/thousand pages of changes.
            GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

They are more interested in RK3288 devices, so RK3188 support is going to be limited.

Comment

So this is something I am interested in, because my device has two firmware available, 4.2.2 and 4.4.2 but the 4.4.2 has the same kernel (3.0.36) as the 4.2.2. Am I just as well off using the 4.2.2 aside from the interface? And if I use the 4.4.2 will I have difficulties rooting it because of the kernel version?
              Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
              I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
              RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by budgetgeek View Post
                So this is something I am interested in, because my device has two firmware available, 4.2.2 and 4.4.2 but the 4.4.2 has the same kernel (3.0.36) as the 4.2.2. Am I just as well off using the 4.2.2 aside from the interface? And if I use the 4.4.2 will I have difficulties rooting it because of the kernel version?
                The 4.4.2 has over 200 improvements and better video playback & fullscreen apps even if it's the same kernel version. Rooting is the same regardless of Android version.

Comment

Lollipop

No, a 3.10.37 or something kernel
                  Here is RK3288 Chromebook kernel 3.14.0, go back until you find 3.0.36 kernel, it will be several hundred/thousand pages of changes.
                  GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

They are more interested in RK3288 devices, so RK3188 support is going to be limited.
                  Mo,
                  I have ran Lollipop (WOW Nice) with the JB and KK kernels on my radxa, with really no noticeable difference. From what I understand is that the 3.0* are basically 32 bit and usually involve a nand storage which can't recognize the higher chip functions without a u-boot from a MMC source, which I haven't heard anyone solving yet. Have got my firefly on the way with an emmc nand storage.
                  Last edited by cappybob; 11-25-2014, 19:41.

Comment

Originally posted by cappybob View Post
                    Mo,
                    I have ran Lollipop (WOW Nice) with the JB and KK kernels on my radxa, with really no noticeable difference. From what I understand is that the 3.0* are basically 32 bit and usually involve a nand storage which can't recognize the higher chip functions without a u-boot from a MMC source, which I haven't heard anyone solving yet. Have got my firefly on the way with an emmc nand storage.
                    Witch kernel and box are you using?

Comment

The 4.4.2 has over 200 improvements and better video playback & fullscreen apps even if it's the same kernel version. Rooting is the same regardless of Android version.
                      Just tried the Lollipop...found some strange things

With the 720P kernel provided (RK31 Kernel 3036 Box X7 Minix) , Wifi is working but SystemUI keep crashing

With JB 720P kernel, SystemUI keep crashing and Wifi doesn't works.

With JB 1080P kernel, SystemUI works but Wifi is not working.

Comment

Witch kernel and box are you using?
                        I am using the Radxa RKCrew JB kernel (Nice, Tweaked). Are you using the rkcrewtablet build, if so, did you use the parameter fix if needed and the CWM 160DPI.zip fix (system.mui has occurred for me w/o this fix). Wifi is rt8723, look for Fix for yours if another.

--cappybob--RadxaRock, Firefly

Comment

Originally posted by cappybob View Post
                          I am using the Radxa RKCrew JB kernel (Nice, Tweaked). Are you using the rkcrewtablet build, if so, did you use the parameter fix if needed and the CWM 160DPI.zip fix (system.mui has occurred for me w/o this fix). Wifi is rt8723, look for Fix for yours if another.

--cappybob--RadxaRock, Firefly
                          Thanks! wifi works and system UI won't crash anymore!

Comment

Working...
                          X