This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frhdt007 View Post
    You would love TWRP!!! no SD card burning, no pc, everything done on the same box!!! Not even unplug and plug power cord !!!
    I understand that you try to force this way because YOU like and prefer TWRP, but I like and prefer the SD-card-way...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

hello guys, I'm new on this forum and I'd like to say hello to everyone.

Just today I received my draco telos and I tried to flash new finless 1.1 rom and I found some problems. First of all I follow regular flashing method by USB cable but my PC (win7) not recognized draco. I've tried many times pressing FN key and connecting USB wire and no positive resultat. Next one I used alternative way with SD card. I prepared SD card with PHOENIXCARD 3.09 and connected with draco...than I disconnected power plug and connect again with hope that flashing process will start. Unfortunatelly nothing happened...I wait for about 15min and nothing. Blue LED on draco not flash at all, no status bar on screen...nothing. When I removed SD card from draco slot and turn device ON than original tronsmart stock rom appear again. Anybody can help?

When I check SD card it include only one folder LOST.DIR which is empty...is it normal?

PS
      sorry for my english it is not my nationality language...

Comment

Hi
        I would recommand try different SD-Card, had probleme with some, and also with a different SD-card reader if changing SD-Card is not enough, had problem with some also. A 8, 16 or 32 GB should be good enough normally to make it happens. I had the same problem that you have with the usb method, all seems OK driver OK but not recognize by the tools, but managed to flash finless Rom ith SD-Card method

Comment

Alternative Flash Method

Originally posted by marsini View Post
          hello guys, I'm new on this forum and I'd like to say hello to everyone.

Just today I received my draco telos and I tried to flash new finless 1.1 rom and I found some problems. First of all I follow regular flashing method by USB cable but my PC (win7) not recognized draco. I've tried many times pressing FN key and connecting USB wire and no positive resultat. Next one I used alternative way with SD card. I prepared SD card with PHOENIXCARD 3.09 and connected with draco...than I disconnected power plug and connect again with hope that flashing process will start. Unfortunatelly nothing happened...I wait for about 15min and nothing. Blue LED on draco not flash at all, no status bar on screen...nothing. When I removed SD card from draco slot and turn device ON than original tronsmart stock rom appear again. Anybody can help?

When I check SD card it include only one folder LOST.DIR which is empty...is it normal?

PS
          sorry for my english it is not my nationality language...
          1) write the image file to an SD card with PhoenixCard V309.
          You should have a successful burning message at the end.

2) insert the SD card in Draco and then power cycle the box. It'll boot and flash .

3) At the end you have to take the sd card out, unplug and plug the power cord to make it boot again .

IMPORTANT NOTE: Just make sure the "Product"; option is checked in PhoenixCard V309 before writing the image to SD card.

Comment

thanks for information...I found what was wrong, SD card which I used was probably to slow or something. When I change to new one fast card everything works fine. I have new ROM on my draco.

PS
            I thought that finless ROM include METRO UI louncher but it doesn't. Which louncher I should install - which one you guys prefer?

Comment

Are These Adapter's safe to flash the Tronsmart Draco AW80 Tellos With

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
              You don't have to flash the box via your PC, USB cable, reset button and Phoenix Suite.

You can also a) write the stock factory image to an SD card with PhoenixCard V309, b) insert the SD card and then power cycle the box. It'll boot the image and flash it straight to nand memory. No cable, no reset required.

Image to SD card = 7 - 8 minutes
              SD card to nand memory = 8 minutes

Not the fastest route, perhaps, but avoids possible issues with drivers, USB and the burning tool.

I've uploaded PhoenixCard here (new link):

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

The link below summarizes this "Production SD Card Method". Just make sure the "Product" option is checked before writing the image to SD card.

The tools, drivers and Android image for Arches (pcDuino8 beta) can be downloaded from: http://www.linksprite.com/?page_id=861  There are two ways to re-flash the image: a production SD card method and OTG method.   1. Production S ...

Note: with our board, you do get a helpful on-screen progress bar during the flashing stage.
              Hello everyone! i'm new here and just diving into the Android mini-pc/tv box scene. I have a bunch of sd adapters laying around as well as some usb readers and am considering flashing a custom rom to the Tronsmart Draco AW80 Telos. Has anyone tried using any of this type or actually used these exact adapters? Thank you
              Click image for larger version

Name:	20141229_195731.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	435738

Comment

Originally posted by Android_User5000 View Post
                Hello everyone! i'm new here and just diving into the Android mini-pc/tv box scene. I have a bunch of sd adapters laying around as well as some usb readers and am considering flashing a custom rom to the Tronsmart Draco AW80 Telos. Has anyone tried using any of this type or actually used these exact adapters? Thank you
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]9490[/ATTACH]
                Any SD card adapter will work providing you have a working SD reader/writer and a good micro-card with which to do the writing. Just follow my original guidelines carefully. You are aiming to end up with an SD card-size image burned with the .img rom you want to install and ready to insert into your AW80.

Comment

Yes I used the middle top with sansung 64gb card first partition the img to be flashed and second my APK's

Comment

Like Zahir said any Sd card, I was gonna try a thumb drive in the OTG usb and see if it would boot. Also going to try a lunix update server and see if I can get stock update app to work. Working 12 hrs but should slow next week and I'll have time

Comment

Error loading the image

Hi Zahir, getting an error loading stock rom image. See attached.
                      Any idea whats going wrong? I am assuming this works for any image or is this only for Draco?
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	error.png
Views:	1
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	435739
                      Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta
                      CS968 -> HTC_T018 v4 20131216 with MTK
                      GM282 (aka CX 919 II aka J22) - dead

Comment

Originally posted by otisrhw View Post
                        ... first partition the img to be flashed and second my APK's
                        FYI, no need to place the img at the partition, because PhoenixCard (v3.0.9) place it in front of the partition (I think also in front of the MBR) like the SD Card Maker at Amlogic devices (not the whole img but the uboot)...
                        RK3288 Devices
                        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Alternative Flash Method

Originally posted by ghanashyaml View Post
                          Any idea whats going wrong? I am assuming this works for any image or is this only for Draco?
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]9493[/ATTACH]
                          Did you choose Product option ?

Comment

Originally posted by frhdt007 View Post
                            Did you choose Product option ?
                            It is giving error when I select the image; after error it clears the image textbox.
                            Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta
                            CS968 -> HTC_T018 v4 20131216 with MTK
                            GM282 (aka CX 919 II aka J22) - dead

Comment

Ensure there is no characters(non english) in the .img name I recall this problem.

Cheers
                              treboR
                              Please consider
                              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by ghanashyaml View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]9493[/ATTACH]
                                As Trebor advises, remove any Chinese lettering from the .img label before burning to SD card. Make sure "Product" is selected in the Phoenix Card tool.

The card method works with the stock rom, Bob's custom roms and the great majority of roms from Pan Baidu.

Comment

Working...
                                X