Kikat - Wasser Firmware for Beelink R89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gilgamesh View Post
    ah ok thanks so no need for TWRP to flash the wasser-root file? how about downloading SuperSU and install it as I mentioned before? I just ordered 3x R28 Meta, just want to get some info before I play with it
    You can also root with http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...8-EZ-Root-Tool
    but don't know if it works on this ROM, works for most RK3288 devices. Just copy unzipped update.zip to flash drive and insert to your device to update and root.

Comment

so does the latest V2.0.2 comes pre-rooted? or would it be enough to download superSU from Play store and get root? I was thinking of the wasser-root file, I guess it needs TWRP to flash it?

will this TWRP work on R28?

thank you
      Yes the latest V2.0.2 is already rooted.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
        You can also root with http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...8-EZ-Root-Tool
        but don't know if it works on this ROM, works for most RK3288 devices. Just copy unzipped update.zip to flash drive and insert to your device to update and root.
        Ez-root didn't work on the V2.0.2 beta but wasser has provided the files to root and unroot.

You, Wasser, Bob and Leolas should join forces as it seems to me that you all have the ability to produce cracking custom ROM's for these devices right now.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
          Yes the latest V2.0.2 is already rooted.

ok great no need for the wasser-root file then, thanks!

btw, do I use the AndroidTool_Release_v2.3 to flash this ROM?

Comment

ok great no need for the wasser-root file then, thanks!

btw, do I use the AndroidTool_Release_v2.3 to flash this ROM?
            Yes, 2.3 works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
              Because at that moment you are at recovery...
              As above:
              1. connect device at OTG to PC
              2. press reset button (inside a/v)
              3. power on (plug psu)
              then you are at bootloader-mode...
              Also tried this one but unforunatly doesn't work either.....

Comment

Originally posted by martijn156 View Post
                Also tried this one but unforunatly doesn't work either.....
                Does you PC (running at W8.1) recognise the device, maybe as unknown?
                If not, I think there is a problem at the connection between the box (at OTG (micro USB port)) and the PC (at USB) which you/we have to fix first...
                You can also try to connect the box and the PC while you are at android... you have to check if 'Settings -> [DEVICE] -> USB -> Connect to PC' is checked/selected...
                Maybe try to use another USB cable...
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Just wondering if there's a specific thread for connecting-to-PC issues? almost 2 pages in this thread were about OTGs and cables. i believe we should discuss Wasser's rom. Don't know if i'm right.

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                    Does you PC (running at W8.1) recognise the device, maybe as unknown?
                    If not, I think there is a problem at the connection between the box (at OTG (micro USB port)) and the PC (at USB) which you/we have to fix first...
                    You can also try to connect the box and the PC while you are at android... you have to check if 'Settings -> [DEVICE] -> USB -> Connect to PC' is checked/selected...
                    Maybe try to use another USB cable...
                    OMG, I spent hours with installing drivers,chaning usb ports trying different methods, now as simple as that i used my chargercable of my samsung S5 and my win 8.1 laptop recogniced my Ubox immediatly........WoW
                    Thanks a lot guys!!

Comment

Anyone got the kernel file handy for Wasser 2.0.2? I just need to restore without wiping as I had tried another. Is there an easy way to unpack the .img file in windows?
                      Cheers.

Edit: figured it out you can do it with androidtool
                      Last edited by gffmac; 12-14-2014, 16:57.

Comment

Wasser...very good work.

Any chance of an overclocked kernel.

You promise one week ago, and i want to know if it still an priority.

Comment

is it any point with a overclocked kernel? is 2GHz the max freq this SoC can handle or is it possible more than that? if not I don't see how 200MHz extra would help so much? ok if it was 300-500MHz.

Tapatalked from my GALAXY S5

Comment

R: NEW - Wasser Firmware V2.0.2 for Beelink R89/Tronsmart R28

is it any point with a overclocked kernel? is 2GHz the max freq this SoC can handle or is it possible more than that? if not I don't see how 200MHz extra would help so much? ok if it was 300-500MHz.

Leolas made an Oc kernel only for the DDR and GPU....and you can notice the difference.

I mean only ddr and gpu...

Comment

Sv: NEW - Wasser Firmware V2.0.2 for Beelink R89/Tronsmart R28

Originally posted by Catadarius View Post
                              Leolas made an Oc kernel only for the DDR and GPU....and you can notice the difference.

I mean only ddr and gpu...
                              yes I just saw his thread, what about the heat? any problem with that?

Comment

R: NEW - Wasser Firmware V2.0.2 for Beelink R89/Tronsmart R28

yes I just saw his thread, what about the heat? any problem with that?

I do not play with the box.....so no heat problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X