Kikat - Wasser Firmware for Beelink R89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gilgamesh View Post
    let's hope a firmware update can fix the performance values...or a OC kernel maybe? if I understood correct the current OC kernel does not OC the CPU/GPU/DDR3 at all?
    I'm not completly sure if GPU or DDR memory speed are similary caped at some point like CPU at 1608MHz. Of course modders will almost certainly resolve these issues but it will take time. If I remember correctly it took almost a year for RK3188 to be usable without major hiccups . For me it was all thanks to Wasser KK 1.0.3 ROM.
    RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
    Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
    bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

don't Rockchip have someone that is hanging around on these forums? just to get feedback

Comment

I really doubt that anyone from RockChip is lurking on this forum. As far as I know some modders send feedback directly to RK and sometimes with good outcome.

Right now I'm rather "asking" if someone has similar experience with this device as I have. Because I'm not convinced if these issues are only connected with some specific configuration and mine is quite unusual .

OC is rather separate topic and we shouldn't look there especially hard without ironing other issues. For example micro freezes which are probably associated with slow eMMC (random write IOPS <75 LOL) . It's a shame that RockChip nand cache isn't used with eMMC devices . Wasser tried to counter this problem with big "read ahead" value (2048kiB) but I'm not convinced that can help and in some cases it can even degrade performance.
        RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
        Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
          I really doubt that anyone from RockChip is lurking on this forum. As far as I know some modders send feedback directly to RK and sometimes with good outcome.

Right now I'm rather "asking" if someone has similar experience with this device as I have. Because I'm not convinced if these issues are only connected with some specific configuration and mine is quite unusual .

OC is rather separate topic and we shouldn't look there especially hard without ironing other issues. For example micro freezes which are probably associated with slow eMMC (random write IOPS <75 LOL) . It's a shame that RockChip nand cache isn't used with eMMC devices . Wasser tried to counter this problem with big "read ahead" value (2048kiB) but I'm not convinced that can help and in some cases it can even degrade performance.
          ok, I got my R28 Meta yesterday and played around a little, flashed latest 2.0.3, it seems to work good but I think I noticed some micro freezes now and then, nothing major but still... will try some more later today after work..

Comment

Asphalt8 crash

Hi Wasser
            Thank you for releasing 2.0.3

CIFSmanager worked correctly. Its very nice for me.

But some problems were found.
            1 :When "overlay-type" advertisement was displayed, Asphalt8 crashes.
            2 : Sometimes "Click" became "Hold" when I used Microsoft wireless mouse 1000. (I feel that movement of pointer has "micro freeze".)
            3 : Wired USB keyboard repeating characters . (When I unplug the receiver for wireless mouse, this symptom doesn't appear.)

Official ROM(110k4) has these probrems too.
            Please fix them.

And I wish that ROM supports "optical-drive " (or include "cdrom.ko, sr_mod.ko, isofs.ko etc.") in next release.

Comment

2.0.1 ?????

Comment

ok, I just inserted a microSD that I formatted as NTFS as exFAT does not work, but how can I access the microSD card, I can't see it with Root Explorer...

Comment

1. XFINITY TV GO app/ESPN
                  2. Wireleess kkeyboard/mouse - keyys reppeating even with OTGpoort
                  3. xxbmc
                  4. PPLEX
                  5. NETFLIIX HD
                  66. Audio

some nice mproovements (minor) over 1100k44, yet time is spent on overclockingg????????
                  Tronsmart Orion R28 Meta. Wasser Lollipop Beta 5 (very stable). Video Out: 60" 1080p LG Plasma TV-HDMI 1.3. Audio Out: Default (stable). Remote In: TaoTronics TT-MK005 Air keyboard/mouse (keys repeating). Apps: Kodi (stable), Plex (stable), WatchESPN (Stable), Amazon (Stable).

Comment

btw I tested the read and write speed of the internal memory with A1 SD Bench app with the Accurate - with reboot method... and got 40MB/s read and 32MB/s write, can someone try and see if they get similar values?

in this test he get worse, so maybe they have improved the internal memory? (read speed 20.19 MB/s, write speed 13.58 MB/s)

It’s been a little while since I unboxed Tronsmart Orion R28 Meta Android TV box, but since the product was still consider "beta" by GeekBuying, I wanted

Comment

Hello guys,

It seems Teamviewer / quicksupport app don't work anymore with wasser 2.03.
                      I think it's related to build.prop spoofing (in nexus 10 in this case). Quicksupport download a wrong addon named "qs addon cloudmedia 2"...

Can someone post original build.prop ? or someone knows the good Quicksupport addon to download ?

Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilgamesh View Post
                        btw I tested the read and write speed of the internal memory with A1 SD Bench app with the Accurate - with reboot method... and got 40MB/s read and 32MB/s write, can someone try and see if they get similar values?
                        I'm not convinced that this test method is as accurate as its name suggest. I've got 41MB/s read and 21MB/s write.
                        But in long mode it gave me 35MB/s read and 10MB/s write which is consistent with AndroBench micro test: 32MB/s sequencial read and 10MB/s sequencial write every time. Use AndroBench and raport back.

Comment

I'm not convinced that this test method is as accurate as its name suggest. I've got 41MB/s read and 21MB/s write.
                          But in long mode it gave me 35MB/s read and 10MB/s write which is consistent with AndroBench micro test: 32MB/s sequencial read and 10MB/s sequencial write every time. Use AndroBench and raport back.
                          ok tried with AndroBench and got the same (35MB/s read, 10MB/s write)... is this really bad? because I think the system is quite smooth and to be honest I bought this just to watch movies from harddrive or stream from computer, should not be any problem I guess?

tried with my Galaxy S5 and got 130MB/s read, 25MB/s write

Comment

@Gilgamesh. R/W isn't very bad but it is "last year" performance. I've got similar results with my RK3188 device (Kingnovel K-R42 - 8GB Toshiba NAND) and then system was almost butter smooth after nearly a year and thanks to Wasser's KK ROM. But now it isn't so peachy. Some micro freezes are quite visible from time to time. Besides sequential R/W is only part of the story. In multitasking environment much more important is random IOPS and it isn't good: 1200-1700 IOPS random 4KiB read and 72-75 IOPS random 4KiB write. Especially that last parameter is disturbing. I've got almost two times more on my previouse TV Box.

Comment

It isn't very bad but it is "last year" performance. I've got similar results with my RK3188 device (Kingnovel K-R42 - 8GB Toshiba NAND) and then system was almost butter smooth after almost a year and thanks to Wasser's KK ROM. But now it isn't so peachy. Some micro freezes are quite visible from time to time. Besides sequential R/W is only part of the story. In multitasking environment much more important is random IOPS and it isn't good: 1200-1700 IOPS random 4k read and 72-75 IOPS random write. Especially that last parameter is disturbing. I've got almost two time more on my previouse TV Box.
                              ok thanks for the explain, I guess it won't be possible to boost these values at all with better firmware? anyway it's no big deal for me, as long as movies plays smooth I'm fine, I won't play games or multitask with it, to be honest it was a impulse buy, I bought 3 boxes, one for me and two for other friends.

btw, do you know how I can access the microSD card I just inserted in the box?

Comment

After inserting microSD card its content should be visible in /mnt/external_sd directory.

As to better eMMC device performance in future firmware I'm not sure what is possible but I've bad feelings. For now any system level tweaks don't make any visible difference (read_ahead_kb 128 vs 2048, scheduler deadline vs cfq, cfq fine tunning: quantum=4 vs 32, slice_idle=0 vs 10, grup_idle=10 vs 0 etc). In previouse design there was additional software leyer to communicate with storage memory called RKNand Buffer. And now it is gone because its role should be taken over by eMMC device logic.

Comment

Working...
                                X