Kikat - Wasser Firmware for Beelink R89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

external SD not recognized (sometimes)

I'm using the V 2.0.5 on my Belink R89 . Nice job Wasser! Thanks a lot!
    Everything is fine so far (sound over HDMI), but sometimes when booting the box my external Samsung 32GB SD-Card is not recognized. Removing and replugging the card does not have any effect.
    After a reboot she is recognized and mounted correctly and it's shown in the notification bar but it' also shown that i could safely remove the storage. Is this the way it should be?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	sd1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	436964
    Last edited by uli-hh; 01-29-2015, 19:20.

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post
      Hi all,

wasser firmware v2.0.5 is released, For more infos please take a look at the first post.
      feedback is very important, please report the results. thanks!

Have fun!

Wasser
      I had updated from 2.0.4a to 2.0.5 but the streaming video playback on SPMC 14.1 beta1 and Kodi 15 nightly is not good, with many drops frames in some occasions and in other with skip frame depending on the type of content and resolution; using your recommended setting Libstagefright & mediacodec "On"; I had tried different status for the hardware accel codecs but none of them produce a smooth streaming playback on 2.0.5. However looks like the WiFi performance is a little better on 2.0.5, I had to revert back to 2.0.4a because a better streaming playback is required by my usage of R89.

What means in your rom "use.video.overlay=2" instead of value set to "1" or set to "0"; Is this line on build.prop required?.

As well I had noted on 2.0.5 that CPU governor set to "Performance" is not working, hang/freeze and crash the system and revert back automatically to "interactive"; not sure if this is a problem on your Rom or it´s a RK3288 uncompatibility prob; I don´t remember well but I think I can use the CPU Governor set to "performance" on 111K Firmware. I use normally to do this "No-frills CPU" app. Thanks.

Comment

There was a proposed manual fix (see a few pages back) for 2.0.4a to manually slide the audio volume up to fix. I tried this on 2.0.4a a little bit but didn't see a fix. I guess I'll reload 2.0.4a and try it again and see.
        Tronsmart R28 PRO with wasser-2.0.7-beelink-r89-rk3288 ROM and MX Player

Comment

Originally posted by martijn156 View Post
          Sound is now working over HDMI with 2.0.4a, i pressed the volume button of the R89 player, on the right side of the volume bar there is a small setting icon. Just open the volume setting icon (with mouse) and swipe both of the volume bars to the right. Thats it!! Audio setting in android menu is default audio.

Good luck!!
          Looks like 2.0.4a HDMI and SPIDF works on my Yamaha receivers. I tried 3. My Pioneer Elite does not work with 2.0.4a.
          Last edited by amclean123; 01-29-2015, 22:20.

Comment

Here the r28 works great, sound over HDMI works as it should. No stutters.

Only thing is that auto sleep doesn't work.

👍

Comment

Stay awake

@Henkdevries. Did you check if "Stay awake" in "Developer options" isn't set? Besides from my experience I know that sleep isn't stable in these devices right now. Waking up device can sometimes go into reboot
              RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
              Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
              bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
                @Henkdevries. Did you check if "Stay awake" in "Developer options" isn't set? Besides from my experience I know that sleep isn't stable in these devices right now. Waking up device can sometimes go into reboot
                I will check that thanks.
                And yes there are reboots sometimes when walking up, on stock rom also.

Edit*

Stay awake was indeed enabled, disabled it and working fine now.

thanks��
                Last edited by Henkdevries; 01-29-2015, 23:25.

Comment

Originally posted by amclean123 View Post
                  Looks like 2.0.4a HDMI and SPIDF works on my Yamaha receivers. I tried 3. My Pioneer Elite does not work with 2.0.4a.
                  Same result with 2.0.5. The Yamaha's hdmi and spidf audio work, the Pioneer Elite does not.

Comment

Seems like a brand problem ... on my pioneer vsx 828 , wasser 2.0.4 and above makes no sound (spdif and hdmi) ... 2.0.3 works ...

Comment

AW: NEW - Wasser Firmware V2.0.4 for Beelink R89/Tronsmart R28

Originally posted by joolsthebear View Post
                      Seems like a brand problem ... on my pioneer vsx 828 , wasser 2.0.4 and above makes no sound (spdif and hdmi) ... 2.0.3 works ...
                      Or the new firware has hdmi2.0 support now.

Gesendet von meinem SM-P905 mit Tapatalk 2

Comment

Yeah mine is a VSX-21TXH

Comment

Looks like there might be new firmware for our AVR

See half way down the page on how to check your firmware version.

Comment

Well done!

2.05 works great for me! Sound (default) is perfectly in sync with 1080p via Kodi 14, and micro freezes are 100% gone!

Need driver support for taotronics air mouse/keyboard.

Hopefully some day XFINITY/WatchESPN will work.
                            Tronsmart Orion R28 Meta. Wasser Lollipop Beta 5 (very stable). Video Out: 60" 1080p LG Plasma TV-HDMI 1.3. Audio Out: Default (stable). Remote In: TaoTronics TT-MK005 Air keyboard/mouse (keys repeating). Apps: Kodi (stable), Plex (stable), WatchESPN (Stable), Amazon (Stable).

Comment

Whats the easiest way to update my ron from 2.0.3 to 2.0.5? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
                              X