Kikat - Wasser Firmware for Beelink R89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amclean123 View Post
    We've noticed that 2.0.4 and higher doesn't like some TV's and AV receivers and the HDMI audio won't play. So far it doesn't like Pioneer products. It works with Yamaha. What brand is your AV receiver or TV? Wasser can't reproduce it since he doesn't have the AV receiver or TV. The best thing now is to compile a list of hardware that it doesn't work on and see if Google can help.

I have a Sony Bravia LCD (old, 4000 models) anda a Denominação amplifier.

Welles, then I guess I will have to try that firmware.
    Thank you

Comment

I've also got the issue with 2.0.4 and upgrades with no sound over HDMI - I've got a Sony HTAS5 5.1 speaker system connected to a Samsung UE37ES5500 TV.

Comment

Originally posted by man View Post
        Wasser, YOU ARE A GOD! I installed this firmware on my Firefly board, and guess what? Ir worked, FLAWLESS! SUPER FAST, VIDEO WITH NO LAGS, AUDIO PASSTROUGH, DEFAULT ROOTED, DEFAULT GOOGLE PLAY STORE, and it's a clean firmware!

There is only ONE problem, audio works in SPIDF (digital optical output) BUT for some reason, HDMI audio doesn't work. Can you, I really appreciatte that, and will donate you a symbolic 10$ if you manage to fix this!
        And another 20$ if you are able to create a dual boot (linux from the firefly witch works good, and your rom). But this is not a priority.

Just need that audio trough HDMI to work to have a kicking ass board

Thank you, for real!

on firefly built-in microphone does not work with this firmware

Comment

Originally posted by gaetanolip View Post
          on firefly built-in microphone does not work with this firmware
          Thank you for your update, didn't tested that because I simple don't use it. That microphone will not even be used by me as I got a microphone in my remote controller.

BTW, I see that you got a firefly board too, which firmware do you use? Currently, the only thing I miss in this firmware is that audio bug not working in HDMI. But taking that away, I think it is excellent.

P.S. I straightly flashed this rom, didn't used original kernel or other stuff from firefly firmwares.

Comment

Originally posted by marofe View Post
            I have a funny situation.
            By spdif to amplifier reproduces movies with DTS and DD (AC3) does not sound.
            By HDMI connected to the TV and the TV connected to the amplifier by spdif plays DD sound and DTS not reproduces any sound.
            The amplifier detects digital signal and appears DTS name or DD but simply does not play sound in every situation.
            Wasser great work with this Rom.

TV - LCD lg LB550v
            Amplifier - Sony Str-DB930

best regards
            If you're using SPMC make sure to turn on the passthrough for DD and DTS in the System > System > expert settings. Make sure to leave your audio at 2 channel.
            Tronsmart R28 PRO with wasser-2.0.7-beelink-r89-rk3288 ROM and MX Player

Comment

Originally posted by jacquebauer1518 View Post
              I've also got the issue with 2.0.4 and upgrades with no sound over HDMI - I've got a Sony HTAS5 5.1 speaker system connected to a Samsung UE37ES5500 TV.
              Try 2.0.3 and your audio should work over HDMI. Some Tronsmart Meta users experienced wired network issues with with 2.0.3. I've upgraded to 2.0.5 and just use spidf for my audio and hdmi for my video. This might be a placebo effect but I think 2.0.5 runs a little smoother than 2.0.3. I'm only using YouTube and SPMC though over wired gigabit. I don't use wifi, remote, BT, gaming, or skype...

Comment

Originally posted by marofe View Post
                I have a funny situation.
                By spdif to amplifier reproduces movies with DTS and DD (AC3) does not sound.
                By HDMI connected to the TV and the TV connected to the amplifier by spdif plays DD sound and DTS not reproduces any sound.
                The amplifier detects digital signal and appears DTS name or DD but simply does not play sound in every situation.
                Wasser great work with this Rom.

TV - LCD lg LB550v
                Amplifier - Sony Str-DB930

best regards
                So it seems that Sony and Pioneer receivers don't like Wasser 2.0.4 and 2.0.5 images. The 2.0.3 will work.

Comment

Wasser, when will we see your new upcoming ROM? .

Suggestion of apps to include:

Free Titanium Backp(yes, the trial version from play store). Lucky patcher. SuperSU with latest binaries. Chrome or other browser that you think it's faster. A Custom Recovery Menu (i saw that TWRP already exists, didn't try it, though). SPMC 14.10 with addon Kodi Tools (it's an addon to automaticaly update librtmp file). For theme, I am using the one from Kodi repo, the transparency! 7 Skin.

Maybe, in a near future, a Dual boot (the user mo123 managed to do it with XUbuntu 14.10).

Thank you for yor hard work!

P.S. MY TV is a Sony, and my amplifier is a Denon one and my Android Box a firefly board->all I did was flash the whole Wasser Rom, didn't use any files from firefly firmware. Sound from HDMI: Doesn't work at all. Sound from SPDIF wired to Denon Amp: everything works.

I am quite happy with this ROM but the fact that I need to have an Amp for every little use of the box, is kinda annoying and expensive to have (eletricity is not cheap now )

Thank you Freaktab community and specially, thank you wasser for your hard work in this ROM.

edit1: And possible, update.zip for easier updates with no need of formatting and installing every app every time, although I recognize we could just do a backup.

Comment

Hey, I might give a try to 2.03 firmware but need to get something clarified first, In previous versions, there was a mention to DTS support, but in 2.05 there is too. So, if I use 2.03 will I get DTS/AC3 pass through ?

Comment

Hey, I might give a try to 2.03 firmware but need to get something clarified first, In previous versions, there was a mention to DTS support, but in 2.05 there is too. So, if I use 2.03 will I get DTS/AC3 pass through ?
                      Yes. 2.0.3 supports DD and DTS passthrough using SPMC 14

Comment

admin delete please
                        Last edited by amclean123; 02-14-2015, 19:19.

Comment

:
                          Suggestion of apps to include:

Free Titanium Backp(yes, the trial version from play store). Lucky patcher. SuperSU with latest binaries. Chrome or other browser that you think it's faster. A Custom Recovery Menu (i saw that TWRP already exists, didn't try it, though). SPMC 14.10 with addon Kodi Tools (it's an addon to automaticaly update librtmp file).
                          :
                          "Lucky patcher" is definitely illegal stuff, so I don't think so...
                          "librtmp" I'm not sure if it is 'illegal' or not, so because of that, I don't think so too...
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Hi Im new Can sombody can tell me where to look for passwords to that firmware many thanks!!!

Hi Im new Can sombody can tell me where to look for passwords to that firmware many thanks!!!
                            Last edited by Molle; 02-20-2015, 15:33.

Comment

noob question:

I would like to avoid the driver installation and rom flashing from PC, isn't there a wasser rom to update from the internal update app, or from the bootloader?
                              Last edited by Molle; 02-20-2015, 15:33.

Comment

Hello. I have a problem with your software. "Orbot tor" does not work. It does not connect to the proxy. Can you help me?

Comment

Working...
                                X