NEW - MK808B-Plus - Finless ROM 1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by motrac View Post
    Hi, installed this file without any problems and everything seems fine except cannot get wi-fi to turn on? any ideas?
    If you read through the latter part of this thread, you'll realize you likely have a v3 board with ap6212 wifi chip (or a clone with another one altogether). You'll either need to run a different rom (the original 111k4 works) or use a USB ethernet (hardwired) adapter as this ROM is based on an earlier firmware that didn't have drivers for these wifi chips. Or it's something else altogether, but that's probably the issue.
    MK808B+ (4) | Tronsmart MK908 (2) | Unbranded MK908
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Asus TF300T (2) | LG Spectrum (2) | Archos A5H | Archos 43

"Never try to teach a pig to sing;
    it wastes your time and annoys the pig."
    – P. G. Wodehouse, Robert Heinlein, Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by ashwaa View Post

how to do it wthout poping up the device
      this is the screenshot of my wifi chipset no can u tell me which chipset it is
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

how do u know its rev 1 or rev2 just got mine off amazon its diaotec branded wit 110k firmware onboard pls help wanna flash finless but dont know the wifi chip

My Diaotec from Amazon arrived last week with the new wifi chipset. DO NOT FLASH Finless or you'll lose wifi. The newest stock 128k3 works, however. But it's still not Finless and I'm hoping he includes the new drivers and updates the ROM.

Comment

[QU=fbueller;n511436]

My Diaotec from Amazon arrived last week with the new wifi chipset. DO NOT FLASH Finless or you'll lose wifi. The newest stock 128k3 works, however. But it's still not Finless and I'm hoping he includes the new drivers and updates the ROM.[/QUOTE]

can u post the screen of ur chipset wit spec device app
          and link me to 128k3 firmware
          i thought 111k4 is latest

Comment

http://www.g
            Last edited by motrac; 08-10-2015, 10:26.

Comment

You have to check the WIFI chip by opening your device.Don't worry, it is not hard at all.

Comment

Motrac: the MK808B Plus you get from GeekBuying will be the v3 board with ap6212 wifi chip. It will run Finless ROM just fine, but wifi won't work as the drivers aren't there. As phinc said, it's easy to pop open the box to see what you have. According to GeekBuying's website info, the Tronsmart versions of the MK808B Plus are still shipping with the ap6210 chip which should work with the Finless ROM. I can't confirm, but GB should be able to. However, the ap6210 chip seemingly had poor WiFi reception (although I understand it's better if you can get your 2.4GHz remote dongle further away from the unit). I'm hopeful that the ap6212 is to fix some of those issues. I'm using hardwired USB adapter for my installations, more reliable overall for TS MPEG channels. Hopefully finless will update this device to the 111k4 ROM at some point for those using WiFi, but until then.... Or perhaps someone can figure out how to add the compiled drivers for this and the clone to the existing Finless ROM based on 109k4 firmware.
                Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Asus TF300T (2) | LG Spectrum (2) | Archos A5H | Archos 43

Comment

Finless rom?
                  Last edited by motrac; 08-09-2015, 12:11.

Comment

Originally posted by motrac View Post
                    thanks, I also ordered this:
                    Tronsmart USB2 to RJ45 Adapter

will that allow it to connect to my router if there's no wifi after flashing? prefer wired over wireless anyway.
                    is that adapter plug and play with the Finless rom?
                    Reading the comments on that device's page on Geekbuying suggests that it won't work. That device uses the Realtek 8152B chipset, and I'm guessing that the drivers for it aren't installed.

I know that many of the ASIX chipset based adapters do work. I've been using the Sabrent USB-G1000 (Asix 88178 chipset) devices which are indeed compatible with this device (and the MK908) and Finless ROMs and work very solid.

Comment

got my wifi chip no without opening the box
                      go to esfilexplorer
                      open device
                      open system
                      open etc
                      open wifi
                      open 40181
                      u will get ur wifi chip
                      mine is written as
                      ap6210_nvram.txt
                      hope this helps now flashing lolipop rom
                      no opening the box or anything
                      110k4 also has support fr
                      ap6181_nvram
                      ap6330_nvram
                      but no support for
                      ap6212_nvram
                      so the people shipped wt firmware 111k4
                      shld hav the latest ap6212 chipset as 110k dosent seem to support

Comment

Finless, i have just installed your rom on my MXV model. Everything works good, but i still see that this rom is also like stock rom regarding resolutions! Even if i set 1280x720, or 1920x1080 in settings, my gui resolution is still 1280x720! This is verified by antutu, cpu-z and Kodi! And all 1080p videos are upscaling in Kodi!
                        Can you see that?
                        My old TV-110, was pure 1080p video playing even if system resolution was set to 720p or 1080p!

Comment

GUIs are rendered in 720p, but videos should (theoretically) be rendered in full 1080p. What makes you think that they are upscaled?
                          The lower resolution GUI was not present in older firmwares, so maybe you can solve your problem by flashing e.g. finless 1.0 or older stock rom.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Comment

got my wifi chip no without opening the box
                            go to esfilexplorer
                            open device
                            open system
                            open etc
                            open wifi
                            open 40181
                            u will get ur wifi chip
                            mine is written as
                            ap6210_nvram.txt
                            hope this helps now flashing lolipop rom
                            no opening the box or anything
                            110k4 also has support fr
                            ap6181_nvram
                            ap6330_nvram
                            but no support for
                            ap6212_nvram
                            so the people shipped wt firmware 111k4
                            shld hav the latest ap6212 chipset as 110k dosent seem to support
                            This seems a nice little trick for new owners of MK808b Plus (Tronsmart brand here) like me who are afraid of breaking the tv stick in the process of prying it to open.

BTW, I am seeing more than one nvram.txt in 40181 folder. I mean, I have all the 4 wifi chip nvram.txt (ap6181, ap6210, ap6212, ap6330) in that folder you had mentioned. Now, how to know which is the wifi chip that is really in there in tv stick from these 4 files?

(FYI, My tv stick came with 110k4 stock rom which I had it upgraded to 111k4 stock rom from tronsmart few days back)
                            Device: Tronsmart MK808B Plus (AP6210 WiFi Chipset)
                            SD Card - Ubuntumate 15.04

Comment

NVM, found out from the tronsmart box that mine is having ap6210 chipset
                              Device: Tronsmart MK808B Plus (AP6210 WiFi Chipset)
                              SD Card - Ubuntumate 15.04

Comment

Originally posted by phinc View Post
                                GUIs are rendered in 720p, but videos should (theoretically) be rendered in full 1080p. What makes you think that they are upscaled?
                                The lower resolution GUI was not present in older firmwares, so maybe you can solve your problem by flashing e.g. finless 1.0 or older stock rom.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Check KODI real resolution, and also do that test!!! http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=211244 after you set system resolution to 1920x1080!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X