X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trhuster
    replied
    I have the same problem. Streaming services that uses silverlight is very choppy. In Kodi i can watch full blueray ~30Mbits without problem but stream a video with silverlight is choppy at ~5Mbits Bummer...

Leave a comment:

• portezbie
    replied
    Oh well, thanks for checking!

Leave a comment:

• Scooby-Doo
    replied
    Originally posted by portezbie View Post
    Have you tried watching Amazon Streaming with Adobe Flash instead of Silverlight? Is it any better or worse?

Just an idea.
    It´s worse. First thing - they deactivatet HD-streaming with flash. Second thing before with HD it was even laggier than with siverlight. The DRM- and the HDCP-protocols make the thing so laggy. Graphics rendering you have to deactivate, because the grafics in this chip is to powerless.

Leave a comment:

• portezbie
    replied
    Have you tried watching Amazon Streaming with Adobe Flash instead of Silverlight? Is it any better or worse?

Just an idea.

Leave a comment:

• Scooby-Doo
    started a topic Video on Demand - Silverlight performance

Video on Demand - Silverlight performance

In various Tests the cpu of our box is to slow for bad programmed silverlight.

I use the box for 720p silverlight streaming (Amazon Prime Instant video) after optimizing the hardware (see Thread - heatsink modding) and windows 8.1, I only have few lags on fast scenes. The picture is like normal HDTV bradcast picture. This isn´t the optimum, but it´s o.k..

Because microsoft wants to sell their compute stick with atom z3735f processor, it is very possible, that they will optimize the silverlight player for this little brother of our cpu, too. Or no one will buy that stick for silverlight straming. This would affect our X7, because the cpu is nearly the same - just a little bit faster.

This is spekulation, but it seems to be possible.

I will hopefully wait and see.
Working...
X