No announcement yet.

iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5 - Root, debloat, init.d support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does usb wifi adapters work on this rom? my wifi range sucks! haha. awesome rom, but i can't even get my wifi working in my room which is about 15 feet away from the router. my android phone works an extra 20 feet further, but this device keeps disconnecting and reconnecting but wont load anything where my tv is at... advice?

Comment

Originally posted by socialexandru View Post
      Skype is working ok, but does anyone had try to use videochat via Google Talk?
      How did you do that? My Skype is running for just one call. The camera pictures are interchanged. After double click on the small picture Skype crashes. After that, the cam is use for some undefined processes, so I have to restart my MX1.

Comment

cpu clock

I think the max cpu clock 1200 is defined in the kernel, as long as the sources of the kernel are not released this cannot be changed. (or somebody has to reverse enginere the whole kernel)

(but i'm not a rom or kernel developer, so correct me if I'm wrong)

Comment

Originally posted by Prulleman View Post
          I think the max cpu clock 1200 is defined in the kernel, as long as the sources of the kernel are not released this cannot be changed. (or somebody has to reverse enginere the whole kernel)

(but i'm not a rom or kernel developer, so correct me if I'm wrong)
          Yes, i think you are right.
          Then i should test it with the kernel from the MK808. If it doesn´t work can i restore it to the original.
          I´ll try it and let you know if it works.
          Last edited by salundy; 01-07-2013, 12:34.

Comment

Originally posted by salundy View Post
            Then i should test it with the kernel from the MK808. If it doesn´t work can i re-update it to the original.
            That was my thought too but this will mess up wifi and bt I think.

Comment

Be advised that the CPU is clocked at 1.2GHz to generate less heat, clocking it at 1.6GHz is risky and might burn it.
              You can do whatever you want, but please consider first that the extra heat may very well kill your MX1.

Comment

Not a big deal but on reboot wired ethernet will not re-connect
                Must disable and enable again.
                Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by lifeisfun View Post
                  Not a big deal but on reboot wired ethernet will not re-connect
                  Must disable and enable again.
                  Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks
                  Confirmed. Same problem here.

Comment

where can I find the driver for the laptop?

when I tried to flash the ROM the file you posted for download (in german) can't reboot to flash because I'm missing the driver... any help? please!

Comment

Originally posted by Mique View Post
                      Confirmed. Same problem here.
                      Thanks

Comment

"I NEED HELP FROM THE BEST"

The reason I need help from someone who understands how to upgrade, update or modify ROMs is because I'm practically an IGNORANT about this. Long story short:
                        I purchased my IMITO MX1 fom geekbuying.com... as many of you (I suppose). The one they sent me had already some updates downloaded and to be exact I will write here what it says.
                        Build Number: RK30_ANDROID4.1.1. - SDK-v1.00.1015 iMIto_RK3066_411_121129...
                        As you can see.... 121129 is nov 29 2012. My imito mx1 brought already the softpower off botton,etc. In the geekbuying.com page they had posted the upgrade for resolution 1080p which I'm interested to get since my TV has a native resolution of 1280 x 1080p. [obviously they got the upgrade from this page's administrator, and they thanked him for it.] Their instructions said that we need to root the device, [which I have already done twice] and after that we were able to upgrade the ROM (via microSD card) with a update.image file they posted. I did it and all I got was small letters. The resolution of my IMITO is 1280 x 720p 60hx, and also 400 x 720p... I just want to get the right resolution for my TV which is 1280 x 1080p and that's all. When I wrote to them, they gave me a link to this page (which I became member inmidiately) and so far I haven't been able to fix the problem. It's my guess -since I'm an ignorant about this- that after I rooted my imito I'm able to update the device to output hdmi of 1280 x 1080p using a microSD card alone.... what do you think?

Comment

Keeps Restarting

Hi Finless,

Thanks for your great work, its really quite stable. I would like to ask my MX1 restarting whenever i force the screen with XBMC streaming or any other market games like Angry Birds. Can it be a hardware error or do you have any recommendation to do like lowering screen resolution which didn't worked. I've installed 1080p version.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by salundy View Post
                            Then i should test it with the kernel from the MK808. If it doesn´t work can i restore it to the original.
                            Did it work?

Comment

Originally posted by smirkis View Post
                              does usb wifi adapters work on this rom? my wifi range sucks! haha. awesome rom, but i can't even get my wifi working in my room which is about 15 feet away from the router. my android phone works an extra 20 feet further, but this device keeps disconnecting and reconnecting but wont load anything where my tv is at... advice?
                              anyone?

MIGUEL
                              "I NEED HELP FROM THE BEST"
                              The reason I need help from someone who understands how to upgrade, update or modify ROMs is because I'm practically an IGNORANT about this. Long story short:
                              I purchased my IMITO MX1 fom geekbuying.com... as many of you (I suppose). The one they sent me had already some updates downloaded and to be exact I will write here what it says.
                              Build Number: RK30_ANDROID4.1.1. - SDK-v1.00.1015 iMIto_RK3066_411_121129...
                              As you can see.... 121129 is nov 29 2012. My imito mx1 brought already the softpower off botton,etc. In the geekbuying.com page they had posted the upgrade for resolution 1080p which I'm interested to get since my TV has a native resolution of 1280 x 1080p. [obviously they got the upgrade from this page's administrator, and they thanked him for it.] Their instructions said that we need to root the device, [which I have already done twice] and after that we were able to upgrade the ROM (via microSD card) with a update.image file they posted. I did it and all I got was small letters. The resolution of my IMITO is 1280 x 720p 60hx, and also 400 x 720p... I just want to get the right resolution for my TV which is 1280 x 1080p and that's all. When I wrote to them, they gave me a link to this page (which I became member inmidiately) and so far I haven't been able to fix the problem. It's my guess -since I'm an ignorant about this- that after I rooted my imito I'm able to update the device to output hdmi of 1280 x 1080p using a microSD card alone.... what do you think?

download the rom in the 1st post, it comes with drivers for your computer. hold the "reset button" near the hdmi cable and plug in the micro usb to the otg port. it will be in "flash" mode and you can use the provided flashing tool in the 1st post to flash this rom. seems to work great and thats what i did to flash this rom to my device.

Comment

Originally posted by gaelex View Post
                                Be advised that the CPU is clocked at 1.2GHz to generate less heat, clocking it at 1.6GHz is risky and might burn it.
                                You can do whatever you want, but please consider first that the extra heat may very well kill your MX1.
                                I don´t want clock it to 1.6 Ghz. For me is enough when it comes to 1.4Ghz. I´ll set up the cpu with interactive settings, this will decrease the temp and give me power if i need. (this will not be consistently).
                                Furthermore, when i have more time, then i will create a new cooling system wich more decrease the temperature.
                                Once i want know, if it´s possible to increase the cpu clock with another kernel. I´ll test it today or tomorrow. The Internal BT is not important for me, because i was not able so far to connect anything with the TV Stick.
                                I tried it with wireless PS3 Controller and WII Controller and some wireless keyboards, but nothing will be recognized. (tried it with several BT Apps) The keyboards works only with the own BT recievers on USB.

Comment

Working...
                                X